TEAM SHELBY FORUM

8th Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 24, 2017

SVT NAJA

Anyone in the Sacto area can meet us at Cars and Coffee Folsom (430 Palladio pkwy) and join the line as it goes by - Jim is good about calling to let us know when to jump on the freeway. Thanks Jim...... About what time are you leaving old Sac? We're about 25 minutes to the east.

Edited by cobrakidz

Thanks is Jim!

Can't wait for the adventure- this is one of our favorites that we look forward to every year!

Dave

Dave,

It's hard to believe a year has gone by. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

Best,

Jim

Anyone in the Sacto area can meet us at Cars and Coffee Folsom (430 Palladio pkwy) and join the line as it goes by - Jim is good about calling to let us know when to jump on the freeway. Thanks Jim...... About what time are you leaving old Sac? We're about 25 minutes to the east.

Bruce,

Look for the SATL-8 conga line to pass Scott Road at Hwy 50 just after 9am. I'll call when we reach Sunrise Blvd.

Best,

Jim

Hi Jim. Maybe I missed it but where in Old Sac do we meet specifically? So excited! Can't wait to see everybody!!

Dawn Valenzuela

Dawn,

Here’s the address where we’ll be meeting in Old Town Sac. Front and 101 K Streets, Sacramento, CA 95814 Let’s plan on arriving around 8:00am and we’ll head out about 8:30am. Note: We’ll be at Steamers on the corner to process your registrations (and get a morning caffeine fix ;-)

We'll see you Saturday!

Best,

Jim

In case anyone is interested in getting a hand wash pre event on Friday.

Pavilion Car Wash, Quick Lube & Detail Center

2334 Fair Oaks Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95825

VooDoo387R,

Thanks for reminding me. I need to squeeze in a wash by late Friday too!

Can't wait to see your R.

Best,

Jim

Weather should be awesome. Have fun everyone and be safe!

Harald,

Words to live by!

Team Shelby wants everyone to have a great time.

Let's show the public we can safely share the road with them and do Carroll proud at the same time.

While we'll have plenty of water, sodas and ice at Tahoe Vista, with the warm weather - I also want to spread the word that everyone should have water with them at the start of the day and remain hydrated during the trip up to Lake Tahoe.

Also, please have a hat for each person in your party and apply an effective sun block to your exposed skin. At 6,500 feet - you could burn quickly in the sun.

Best,

Jim

Jim-

This will be our first time with the '15 Blue Shelby GT

Dave,

It was great to see your new Shelby GT at the 4A CSMC @ BAM last month. It's a show stopper!

In fact, we'll have a great selection of Vegas builds with us this year. Can't wait to see them all in one place.

Best,

Jim

Edited by SVT NAJA

I want to shout out a big "THANK YOU" to the Shelby Store http://www.shelbystore.com and Carroll Shelby Foundation http://www.carrollshelbymerchandise.com/foundation_store

for some great gifts and raffle prizes they have shipped to us for distribution at Snakes at the Lake - 2017.

Les,

I have you, April and the the Red Rocket crew down!

This year I want to get a Red, White and Blue pic of your GT500's lakeside - we just need a volunteer for the White slot.

Here's a :camera: of the Red Rocket at Donner Lake on a previous trip...

Best,

Jim

Didn't want to let the snake out of the basket early, but we just got confirmation she'll be done on time tomorrow -- there'll be a bit different of a look on our blue car in this year's pic!

Many thanks to the production team at Shelby for getting the work done a week earlier than our original estimate so that we could make it in time!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Here's a sneak peek:

IMG_0491.JPG

Edited by Bookwyrm

Didn't want to let the snake out of the basket early, but we just got confirmation she'll be done on time tomorrow -- there'll be a bit different of a look on our blue car in this year's pic!

Many thanks to the production team at Shelby for getting the work done a week earlier than our original estimate so that we could make it in time!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Here's a sneak peek:

IMG_0491.JPG

From flat tire to Snake I like it.

I am leaving from the South Bay. Anyone driving to Sacramento/Tahoe from Gilroy or San Jose? If so, what time is everyone leaving and from where?

Chris

We are leaving from Gilroy early Friday afternoon to head to Sacramento. Going to have dinner in Old Town Friday night.

Not surprisingly, the weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday in Tahoe calls for warm temperatures.

Please remember to bring a hat, your favorite sun block and stay hydrated with fluids throughout the day.

I'll see you all in the morning! Safe travels.

Best,

Jim

Screen%20Shot%2006-23-17%20at%2010.28%20

Concord / Cordelia - Meet Info and Locations for S.F. Bay Area Members:

Hi,

Myself and my family would like to meet up with y'all in Cordelia, we have two mustangs we will be meeting you with. Where exactly on Pittman Rd should we be at 6:45am? My email is dthrash89@gmail.com. Thanks Randy

Edited by RTHRASH673

Concord / Cordelia - Meet Info and Locations for S.F. Bay Area Members:

Hi,

Myself and my family would like to meet up with y'all in Cordelia, we have two mustangs we will be meeting you with. Where exactly on Pittman Rd should we be at 6:45am? My email is dthrash89@gmail.com. Thanks Randy

Randy,

I sent you an e-mail. We'll see you and your crew at the Cordelia Chevron off Pittman Road about 6:45am tomorrow morning.

Best,

Jim

A big Thank You for all who helped my daughter! She still said she had a good time and she is looking forward to other events.

I wasn't looking forward to getting home. (the boss didn't scold me at all) Bonus for me!

I also look forward to next year!

Edited by SHELBY#18

Jim (& everyone)

Thanks! was a lot of fun (although it would have been nice to know before hand about chairs!) had a great time!

Also have some dash mounted GoPro footage from the run up the hill but as the saying goes, "If you ain't the lead dog the view doesn't change much" that I'll post on YouTube as soon as I'm done.

A big Thank You for all who helped my daughter! She still said she had a good time and she is looking forward to other events.

I wasn't looking forward to getting home. (the boss didn't scold me at all) Bonus for me!

I also look forward to next year!

Happy to hear that she still enjoyed herself and everything's ok!

• 3 months later...