TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Super Snake Shelby Mustang in White / Blue - video

Awesome video. They several times talked about Super Snake items you can buy online that you currently can't (wheels, front brake cooling). Hopefully that means they are soon opening up what components they are willing to sell and maybe getting a little less exclusive to builds.

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned this to them many times about having a true Speed Shop where you can buy parts and get them installed. Why do you think one of the longest open shops is Steeda and thats because they will install everything and they sell almost everything besides their own stuff. If Saleen had a Speed Shop and was still making and selling their Saleen parts from the 80's and 90's they wouldn't be floating on the life raft still

• 2 weeks later...

Waddya figure- $80g's for that car? Maybe more for the prestige of owning a true Shelby?

And yet, I didn't see a catch can in the engine bay.

C'mon now- all those mods and no catch can?

Lee

There are two primary reasons manufacturers do not include an oil catch cans.

1. Added Cost

2. Lazy/Forgetful Consumers. The catch can is a maintenance item and has to be drained, otherwise if it filled up/over flowed you could suck not just oil vapor but oil in liquid form in to the engine and that could pose a whole different set of problems.

That being said, I do think there should perhaps be an option to include it and have the consumer sign a waiver that they acknowledge the oil catch can and won’t hold the manufacturer liable if they are too lazy to drain it or forget to drain it.

There are two primary reasons manufacturers do not include an oil catch cans.

1. Added Cost

2. Lazy/Forgetful Consumers. The catch can is a maintenance item and has to be drained, otherwise if it filled up/over flowed you could suck not just oil vapor but oil in liquid form in to the engine and that could pose a whole different set of problems.

That being said, I do think there should perhaps be an option to include it and have the consumer sign a waiver that they acknowledge the oil catch can and won’t hold the manufacturer liable if they are too lazy to drain it or forget to drain it.

EPA probably has some emissions law against them anyway.

EPA probably has some emissions law against them anyway.

As long as they are properly installed and not vented to atmosphere there is no EPA law against the catch can.

I think the new Super Snake is very nice and a great looking car as well. Personally, I'd replace all that black molded plastic with carbon fiber... but I get what they are doing to try to get the price down.

• 3 weeks later...