TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 Convertible

I am thinking of upgrading my 2007 GT Convertible to a 2011 GT500 Convertible. I found one in very good condition at a local Ford dealer. Took it for a test ride, most fun I have had in long time. Car has about 14k miles and they are asking $38,000. Only option is electronics package. Any thoughts on this car?

Typically on here you are going to a get a lot of different opinions. Assuming the car is in good to excellent condition, I think they are still a $3 to $5K high at $38k. Yeah it is a fairly low miles car but unless they have replaced the tires recently you are going to need a new set of tires if the ones on the car are originals, because they have aged past the recommended 5 to 6 year mark to be considered safe. Would also ask for a Carfax/ Vehicle History Report. Assuming the car is clean and no mechanical issues and old tires I would offer $33 and would negotiate up to $35k before walking away. Plenty of used GT-500s for sale out there at as good or better prices. Good Luck to you.

I am thinking of upgrading my 2007 GT Convertible to a 2011 GT500 Convertible. I found one in very good condition at a local Ford dealer. Took it for a test ride, most fun I have had in long time. Car has about 14k miles and they are asking $38,000. Only option is electronics package. Any thoughts on this car?

As said above: Carfax, tires (proper new set will run you over $1,000), negotiate the best price, and go for it. I loved my 2011 and thought the 11/12's we the best overall drivers. As far as a good deal, if it makes you happy, then it was a good deal. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a 2011 Vert with 11,000 miles. I looked everywhere and I sure didn't run across any 11 verts with those miles for 35K???? Seemed like the asking prices were in the low 40's for a nice example. Now there were a few coupes with some miles on them in the mid 30's. Maybe I came in to the market at a weird time??

Here's mine.

00202_7ycsbJEwa0X_1200x900_zpsqhermo9x.j

It's a 2 owner car and I think the first owner may have been the member? I bought the car in Peoria IL and the Banner is from a Northern Region.

I wanted a Vert so I didn't pay a lot of attention to Coupes. The best deal I found on a 2013 Vert with 5000 miles was 50K Red car up in Wis. My heart was set on Blue with white stripes so I stuck with this car. I was trying to stay as close to 10,000 miles as I could so that's what I'm basing my opinions on.

Your car looks awesome. Love the color.

I just picked up a 2010 red with white stripe convertible a couple months ago. I also recently got a set of the 20 inch alcoas as well. Do you know what lowering springs are used on your car? What size tires are you running, if you don't mind answering?

Enjoy and thanks.

My car has the full Ford racing suspension. I really don't know much else about that. I know I can adjust it but I haven't had the time to really mess with it.

The previous owner kept the Alcoas so I can't tell you what size tires he ran on them? It doesn't look like it in the pic but the rear's were a little wider than the fronts. I ordered the staggered 20" Super Snake wheels from AM. I went with Mickey Thompson tires. They shipped to me today. Should look pretty much the same as in this picture. The guy wanted almost $5000 for the Alcoa's and the tires were 1/2 tread. I passed on them.

I start a post when I get the new wheels on my car later this week.