TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Pad Swap

Just started doing some research into this since I have a white GT 350 the brake dust that builds up on the side and on the rims after taking it out for a day is ridiculous. Has anyone done this yet and if so what brakes did you go with?

Just started doing some research into this since I have a white GT 350 the brake dust that builds up on the side and on the rims after taking it out for a day is ridiculous. Has anyone done this yet and if so what brakes did you go with?

Their are several pads out there that do not generate that black residue depending on what your needs are street,track etc. Hawk, Baer Xtreme pads sell them & I`am sure there are more.

• 3 months later...

I've had a few cars with bad dusting issues and have tried Hawk Street and EBC Red Stuff. The Hawks worked great in a lighter car (2007 Mini Cooper S) but not so well in a heavier ride. I run the EBCs in my Genesis that uses 6-puck Brembos and they're A LOT cleaner than the stockers. I don't think you're ever going to eliminate the dusting problem, but different pads definitely shed material at different rates. Cheers!