TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Advice on ordering 2008 GT500

Since this is such a hot topic you newbes should be aware of....

When choosing your color in your brand new GT500, think about if you are wanting to get the 40th package and/or SS package, why you ask?? Well the 40th only comes with SILVER STRIPES, no matter the color you get and the Super Snake only comes with FLAT BLACK so choose carfully, if you don't like your color with that stripe color you might want to change your color or order stripe delete. If you are not even considering the 40th or SS packages after buying your car, of course this does not apply. I have RED/ White stripes on mine and I happen to like the Flat Black change for mine with SS package, for some this is a BIG problem.

If ordering an 08 then the 40th package will not apply because that is only available on the 07.

So if you buy an existing 07 then you will need to take that into account.

The 08 will only apply for the SS package.

The 40th applies only to the KR for the few that may get it, right? So 40th only on KR for 08 and 40th for 07's (the first 1k that MAY get it)

I agree, the 40th is a 2007 only and may apply IF you want to have the work done or do it yourself, which is a more likely option. The KR being a 2008, again chances of getting one of 1000 make it very rare, and if you do the work yourself will still NOT be a real KR or have that value so does it really matter??? I think not. The originals in each will be worth it or hold value, anything else is a fake anyways! Just my .02

Archived