TEAM SHELBY FORUM

10-year's of SGT ownership

07SGT0086

28 minutes ago, Gary Corbett said:

Wondering what these go for $ with low mileage and like new condition?

It really depends, I would say low 20's, but I have not been in the market.  I know if I were to sell I would be looking at around $30K or so and that is for a Registered GT/SC.

They appear to have reached close to a bottom, at least ones in showroom condition with low miles.

1 hour ago, carnut12 said:

It really depends, I would say low 20's, but I have not been in the market.  I know if I were to sell I would be looking at around $30K or so and that is for a Registered GT/SC.

They appear to have reached close to a bottom, at least ones in showroom condition with low miles.

I agree. It’s seems like they might be on the creep back up a touch. I like to watch where they are as desire to park white next to the blue vert someday.  

The 08’ Orange GT-C’s seem to be pulling the best money, then the BJ’s, then the vista blue verts and from there I would probably say white, black & blue are all close, but it seems like the whites might be edging those lately. 

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased our Sgt summer in 2007, wasn't looking and actually didn't know they were being built. Was at our local rural Ford dealership for water pump r&r in our '96 F-250 powerstroke farm truck on a Monday morning. Saw a black Mustang in their used car lineup. Walked out and did a double take when I saw ShelbyGT on the rocker panel. Young salesman comes outside and said it was just traded in on Saturday by an older couple that had just driven up from Arizona to visit their daughter in Washington. The owner had difficulty getting in and out of his dream car, so he traded it on the spot for a new Fusion. The Sgt had 3,051 miles on it and they had purchased it 5 weeks earlier for $5k above msrp. I talked to the dealership owner who our family has done business with since they opened in 1953. I didn't have time to drive it plus my wife wasn't along, so he said I'll hide it in the back body shop until you come up on Saturday with your wife to drive it. Well we drove it and eventually bought it for $33k after juggling how to make it work with our youngest daughter still in college.

So 10+ years later it's still lots of smiles per mile especially at the track, and like some here a few nice mods over the years.

Stripes and hood scoop are original and without any issues:)

1514243676625.jpg

Edited by Lgs ShelbyGT

Your car is very sharp!  Take care of it , hang on to it, and enjoy it!  Make Mr. Shelby proud, and drive it like he meant for it to be driven! :peelout:

22 hours ago, carnut12 said:

How much power does that Edlebrock make, they never became too popular, but I looked at them prior to deciding to stick with keeping it "Authentic" and paying extra to have Shelby do it.

Buddy and I did the install along with McLeod RST clutch.  Retained the FRPP CAI which required a custom tune.

Rwhp 460

Rwt 443

Edited by Lgs ShelbyGT

Snow Dog is still kicking. Lot's of incredibly fun times in the car. 72K and many mods. Whipple 550 kit, Yellow Koni's, Brembo's, brake duct's, 62mm throttle body, and much more fun stuff. 6 time participant at the annual Terlingua Event. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Filled the hole that occurred when I traded in my 1970 Mach 1 351C for a new GM product. :stop:

Great piece of history and Damn fun to drive.

ScreenHunter_7.jpg

Had the 07 SGT out yesterday and it just something about the sound , feel of the shifter (rifle bolt action.). The gear box sound and harsh ride that all comes together. Open her up on a on ramp and the intake roar is pure Shelby. Sure it’s not as fast or nimble as the current 18 GT . The leather seats can’t hold you in like the current cloth ones. But it’s just a ball to have all this stuff going on all at once. It’s easy to push it at its limits and won’t kill you . It kind of reminds me of the 66 Shelby GT 350 I had back in the 80’s . The cars in the late 80’s were just that much better then the 66 and it’s almost the same difference as it is today. 66 vs 80 and 07 vs 18. Living it all over again . Just don’t do a 66 vs 18 because it’s not recommended. 

8749F3B9-23BD-4907-8903-9C92F43A65E8.jpeg

3DC75D13-8B84-4240-820C-9EEEE041F264.jpeg

27413BEF-8AFF-4EB5-BE4C-2B4B0CE7BEC4.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970