TEAM SHELBY FORUM

10-year's of SGT ownership

07SGT0086

Yeah Dennis and his guys do great work, I too had though about selling a couple years back, but all it takes is a quick blast down the road and I realize I will own this car until i'm to old to drive it!

Every time I see the dash plaque and Carroll's signature on the dash , it always feels as special as the day I brought her home, you cannot drive this car and not have a smile from ear to ear.

• 2 months later...

Yesterday we celebrated 10 years since my Shelby winked at me from the corner of Fort Mill Ford's showroom. It was love at first site. After a short test drive I was sold. I've enjoyed 24,770 miles so far, all with a big grin on my face. While I don't post here as much as I once did, I do check in often and it's great to see some of the same folks here that welcomed me when I first joined. I'd always heard " you never sell a Shelby" so when the 90 day trial period was up on the Sirius radio I inquired about a Lifetime contract. I believe the price I negotiated was $240. What a deal!

Funny story, last week I drove it down to Charlotte, about 120 miles, for an appointment with my financial advisor. During our conversation he asked me how long I'd been retired. After a little thinking I told him I was pretty sure it was 14 years, either 2003 or 2004. One of those "senior moments". Anyway, he later asked what I drove down and I told him the Shelby. He'd seen it several years before and wanted to walk out and see it. He's a bit of a car guy. Walking up to it, he asked me how long I'd had it. I immediately said, "in 6 days, it'll be 10 years". His responce was, "you had to think about how long you've been retired but you know to the day when you bought the Shelby. Strange"! I just laughed. Enjoy your Shelby's, I know I am.

Jim

Edited by Pastor Passum

Yesterday we celebrated 10 years since my Shelby winked at me from the corner of Fort Mill Ford's showroom. It was love at first site. After a short test drive I was sold. I've enjoyed 24,770 miles so far, all with a big grin on my face. While I don't post here as much as I once did, I do check in often and it's great to see some of the same folks here that welcomed me when I first joined. I'd always heard " you never sell a Shelby" so when the 90 day trial period was up on the Sirius radio I inquired about a Lifetime contract. I believe the price I negotiated was $240. What a deal!

Funny story, last week I drove it down to Charlotte, about 120 miles, for an appointment with my financial advisor. During our conversation he asked me how long I'd been retired. After a little thinking I told him I was pretty sure it was 14 years, either 2003 or 2004. One of those "senior moments". Anyway, he later asked what I drove down and I told him the Shelby. He'd seen it several years before and wanted to walk out and see it. He's a bit of a car guy. Walking up to it, he asked me how long I'd had it. I immediately said, "in 6 days, it'll be 10 years". His responce was, "you had to think about how long you've been retired but you know to the day when you bought the Shelby. Strange"! I just laughed. Enjoy your Shelby's, I know I am.

Jim

Cool story and I could see myself doing the same thing. Also been retired since 2007 or 2006.

Well she's up at Tasca , going to sort out a couple of things and if there is enough left in the kitty, I think i will have the guys install the bilstein hd shocks and struts it seems like everyone here that has them say its a good improvement over the stock ride.

Did you do the Bilstein's? Just curious if it made a difference. I might drop mine off at Tasca next year for my yearly maintenance, I have several small issues I could have them address like my Fuel Guage not working and I can have them install my Watts Link.

Edited by carnut12

Mine is locked into a garage for three weeks because of a alley repave and I missed the Santa Monica Shelby show otherwise #182 woulda been there. Bought it new at Mills Ford Anaheim as my first new car purchase at 39 years old have since gotten a Boss302 as a companion. The Shelby is still a better looking car and gets the garage while the boss is my daily driver. SGT is still all orig with the addition of the standard shelby adict stuff. Stripe are oem and look great and warped scoop adds character. One of the better decision was to get a set of 20 in Carroll Shelby wheels, the CS69 limited editions (for the shows). Track the car when I can and always push it to threshold. Absolutely the coolest mustang I've had and it brought me back to people when I was wrapped up in myself. Thanks to Robert also for getting me to use the internet when team shelby was stangs unleashed.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you do the Bilstein's? Just curious if it made a difference. I might drop mine off at Tasca next year for my yearly maintenance, I have several small issues I could have them address like my Fuel Guage not working and I can have them install my Watts Link.

I didn't get the Bilsteins done yet, I am still having the issue with the miss fire code coming up on the car, I thought Dennis had fixed it but it came back after about 300 miles. The shocks are still on my list of things to do, but i probably wont get them on until the new year.

• 1 month later...

I realized today that I missed my SGTs 10th birthday... Picked her up from my local Ford dealer on November 18, 2007.

Had the car out for a ride today and still love driving it after 10 years! Just turned 10k on the odometer so its just getting broken in... Still need to replace the stripes otherwise she looks as good as the day I drove off the dealers lot!

Heres to many more happy miles in our SGTs!

-yellow pony

post-10549-0-56423800-1512248144_thumb.jpeg

Edited by yellow pony

Today is my 10th Anniversary of ownership of MI$TRESS....

I brought her home new still in the wrapper.

Build History:

Receipt Date: 8/14/2007 (CrossRoads Ford placed order in system)
Serialize Date: 9/6/2007 (Ford database)
Segment Date: 9/6/2007(Ford database)

Sequence Date: 9/13/2007(Ford database)

Blend Date: 9/17/2007(Ford database)

Produced Date: 9/25/2007(Ford database)

Gate Release Date: 9/26/2007(Ford database)

Ship Date: 10/2/2007 (Ford database) From AAI to SAI
Arrival Date: 10/19/2007(Ford database) SAI in Vegas

Move to Pre-PD: 10/23/2007 (SAI OASIS Database)

Sold Date: 11/23/2007(Ford database) The day I wrote the check

Pre-Production & Production Lot dates: 11/28/2007 (SAI OASIS Database)

Ship Date: 12/05/2007 (SAI OASIS Database)

Dealer Arrival Date: 12/09/2007

Handed the keys: 12/10/2007

Arrival Thread:
http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/23446-my-car-shipped-today/?hl=08sgt1234

P1010445.JPG

Edited by 08SGT1234

In June of 2007 I walked into the showroom of the local Ford dealer and saw a White SGT that l fell in love with. Service at this dealer was non existent and the salesman was arrogant to say the least.I remember asking him particulars on the car he could not answer. Looking at the price showed a $10,000 mark up.That was enough to make me walk and buy a new GMC truck.Never forgot sitting in the Shelby,owned 2 Mustang GT`s after that but could not get the Shelby out of my mind.On Jan. 8 2015 we purchased a Black SGT from the original owner with 382 miles on it.We will have owned 4126 3 yrs this Jan. but feel like we have owned our Shelby since the beginning. 5500 miles since we bought her. The wife and l are really looking forward to Carlisle this year and getting to know a lot of Team Shelby members.

It's funny to think that 10+ yrs ago every Shelby event you would attend had the "original" Shelby's there, all old stuff. Much different today, now you rarely see the old stuff out. On our Snakes at the Lake drive every year to Tahoe I am usually the only old GT350 on the drive of 80 cars, but I sure miss the AC on the trip home. haha

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 10:56 AM, mikesdream said:

Mine is locked into a garage for three weeks because of a alley repave and I missed the Santa Monica Shelby show otherwise #182 woulda been there. Bought it new at Mills Ford Anaheim as my first new car purchase at 39 years old have since gotten a Boss302 as a companion. The Shelby is still a better looking car and gets the garage while the boss is my daily driver. SGT is still all orig with the addition of the standard shelby adict stuff. Stripe are oem and look great and warped scoop adds character. One of the better decision was to get a set of 20 in Carroll Shelby wheels, the CS69 limited editions (for the shows). Track the car when I can and always push it to threshold. Absolutely the coolest mustang I've had and it brought me back to people when I was wrapped up in myself. Thanks to Robert also for getting me to use the internet when team shelby was stangs unleashed.

I’ve got a boss also along with the SGT. I bought a new SGT back in 2007 off the showroom floor. After 10 years I decided to get back in a 07 SGT . Found this one a few  months ago #SGT0016 with less then 3500 miles  and all stock. Cool history also.10F5D49A-2D00-4F27-AF1D-82E44C19BFD0.thumb.jpeg.f42fe912a0ee4d06ca1be903c4955d24.jpeg

AFDD232A-9749-4E19-8042-7EAFAEAD2436.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Ten years later and it's still a stunning looking car. Looking at that picture I think I know what your feelings were as it was being unloaded. Thanks for sharing Jeff.

22 hours ago, Pastor Passum said:

Ten years later and it's still a stunning looking car. Looking at that picture I think I know what your feelings were as it was being unloaded. Thanks for sharing Jeff.

Agreed I am a huge fan of the 60’s mustangs, but from 1971 until now looks wise I think from the factory the Shelby GT is at the top.

I get tired of cars, turn them every 2 years or so, this is the longest I’ve ever owned a car by far.

Funny sometimes I think about all the money I have into it, reality is if I turned it every 2-3 years I would’ve lost a ton more on depreciation of other cars so all those mods actually saved me money ?.  Lol ? 

Yep ....I also like the SGT and SGT-H Shelby’s the best after 11+ years.  The current one just doesn’t look right with the stripes. Maybe it’s the euro look or something .....just not sure. But I think ford got the new design just right. Both generations are my favorite. Ford did some minor adjustments to the 18 and really nailed it. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

This post inspired me to go back and look at my original purchase, it was December 27, 2007.  My patience helped, although it was marked with an ADM I was able to get X-Plan and 0% for 60 months (At the time interest rates were much higher and the 0% was a much better deal then the Cash back offer).  It had 23 miles on it.

Mine was completed on 9/28/07 so I am assuming it was one of the last ones.  It never had the original Grill behind the "Shelby GT" grill like most I have seen so I am assuming as time went on they fixed some mistakes.  No Scoop issues either at this point.

• 1 month later...

Hi- new here. I bought a black SGT 7 years ago. Shaker 1000, leather, some add ons. 13000 m now and garage kept. Looks like new. I live in florida. Car shows and club. Treated like a baby. Too much worry about dents and so on so i just hate leaving it alone in parking lots!