TEAM SHELBY FORUM

10-year's of SGT ownership

07SGT0086

I just realized that I recently passed the 10-year ownership anniversary with my SGT.... wow, time flies.

In late 2006, I saw the announcement of the SGT in "My Ford" magazine and was "hooked" for a Performance White SGT... it was just stunning. After several months of consideration (dreadful ADM's & limited order allocations) and searching locally, I finally bought 07SGT0086 (lightly optioned, IUP & Security System) off a local "stealership" showroom on Feb 18, 2007 shortly after it had arrived there from SAI.

After purchasing 07SGT0086, I immediately started Autocrossing it regionally with much success and enjoyment. I also joined the StangsUnleashed Forum and then Team Shelby when it got started and have been "lurking" around here ever since.

As I said earlier "wow, time flies" and my SGT still looks as stunning to me as it did 10-years ago.

Happy motoring,

Have your stripes held up all this time? Just curious as my 2008, purchased new in October 2007, and always stored indoors, has seen its stripes fail in the last year. I guess one benefit of getting a 2008 is that the Admin madness had passed by that time.

Jim

They are great cars! I've got the original scoop and stripes and 9,300 miles.

The stripes still look good but getting a little warping on the schoop.

Wish this year's TS membership kit included something to commemorate the 10 yr anniversary.

I think I read the 07SGT was the best selling pre-title Shelby to date?

10 years here (in May anyway) still have the original stripes and they're in good shape! Car is garaged but has 27k on the clock.

27k on the clock? You can probably still get a new clock for the S197... Should have all #'s on it.

Check eBay...

:salute:

BTW, if that's all that's wrong with your car after ten years.................................. :happy feet:

Thanks for all the thread replies... the Shelby GT Discussion sub-forum has been really slow recently and it is great to hear about a few other SGT original owners that are approaching their 10-year ownership anniversaries too.

In response to the "clark17357" post, the stripes on 07SGT0086 still look great (car is always garaged) and it still has the original warped/gap-prone hood scoop too like "ChicagoChris" mentioned. It also has both OE Air Bags too because of the never ending Air Bag Recall "merry-go-round" and being unable to identify a local Ford Service Center that I can trust enough to work on my SGT.

There is an SGT OE equipment situation that I intend to address myself very soon which is to replace the OE spark plugs. As many of you likely know already, the OE spark plugs on the 2007 4.6L engines are known to be a real bugger to remove due to carbon build-up and are also prone to breakage/separation if not removed with due care per an applicable Service Bulletin... very worrisome and the time to fix that is sooner rather than later.

Well, I will return to lurking mode now, but attached is a pic of 07SGT0086 enjoying a scenic weekend drive in the Pacific NW... on a closed course with high G's.

I look forward to reading more posts from other SGT original owners that are also approaching their 10-year ownership anniversaries... happy anniversary!

SGT0086 at NWR SCCA AutoX.jpg

My 10 year anniversary was last month. I have just over 17,000 miles on the car now. I changed the oil a couple of weeks ago and realized it had been over 15 months since i changed it. I've only driven it about 200 miles during that time so it's easy to forget my annual oil change.My stripes and hood scoop look as good as new and i have no dings or scratches so it looks great so for. Keeping it garaged makes a lot of difference.With me not driving it much anymore i will eventually get serious about selling it instead of just listing it here on the forums.I've enjoyed the car greatly but when i stopped modding it i pretty well stopped driving it.Happy Anniversary and i hope you make the 20 year anniversary.

May 4 will be 10 years since my purchase. The SGT looks as good as the day I bought it ... maybe better! Looking forward to the next 10!

Will be 10 years in May. 7000 miles and always garaged. Stripes are good. Driver side airbag recall has been fulfilled. (Twice). Now have a recall notice for the passanger side, but part isn't available yet. Great car and can't believe it's been 10 years. Seems like a couple of years.

By far the longest I have ever owned a car, I have been through probably 8-10 Daily Drivers in that same time period, and several 2nd toys. I am actually looking at adding another toy now, looking at a really low mileage S2000, a new Subaru FRS, or new ND Miata. See what happens. Hoping to find another car I can keep for 8-10 years.

Edited by carnut12

I have owned my SGT for 6 years. It had 2000 miles on the odometer. During this period I've added the Whipple 550 upgrade along with Razor wheels and numerous Shelby accessories. This is without a doubt the most enjoyable car I have owned to date.

Happy Birthday to all of you SGT owners

IMG_0375.JPG

My 10 year anniversary for CSM07SGT0651 will be April 28th of this year. I have over 134,000 miles on it. I literally drive it everyday. I keep it in the garage, but it certainly isn't garage kept.. It's seen a few hail storms (no damage) 2 windshields, 4 sets of tires, countless oil changes, 1 spark plug replacement by my local Ford dealer and countless hours of driving fun with friends and family. The stripes are totally shot and it has plenty of dings and scratches. It's just getting broke in. Oh and that reminds me it's actually been broke into once as well.

I wouldn't have done it any other way.

My 10 year anniversary of ownership is later this summer, but I'm an original owner since new - 07 SGT4009. Original stripes, refreshed my lower seat covers from the interior upgrade last year, 13,000 miles or so :rockon:

Edited by IASHELBYGT

Into my 10th year. About to turn 26,000 smiles. Stripes still look great and it still wears the warped scoop. I have driven it in the rain but it gets stored in the winter out of site. Each year I think about a new because the ride is getting harder for an old guy but then I got it out of storage Tuesday and the smiles come back and the pain goes away. I did take a 2015 GT Convert out for a ride and it was great but the Dealer didn't want my Shelby. Only offered $14,000. To them it is only a Mustang

Rick SGT0478

I hit 9 years in August. My car was the first delivered to the dealer and served as the showroom centerpiece for it's first (almost) 2 years. I bought it in August 08. Racked up 57+k since. She's become more of our "road trip" car than our "weekend car". Never fails to turn heads, never fails to impress me with her performance. Recent 1500+ mile trip to Myrtle Beach on Spring Break, averaged 18-19 mpg and while I know it's not intended to be an economy car, that's a far cry from my '72 Mustang convertible with a 351C 4V, which struggled to achieve 11 mpg on a good day. On the other hand, before applying the cai and Ford Performance tune, she'd turn 21 mpg out on the interstate..... astounding considering what the high performance cars of my youth would do!

Truly a "grand touring" car. Had a couple of folks act like they wanted to race (I kept looking for Christie Brinkley in that Ferrari), but I only let her go once--when a couple of guys ran up my tailpipe (I had the cruise set at 81) as I was passing a line of slower traffic and did the thumbs-up-move-over gesture. That incited a no down-shift run to just over 100 and it took them better part of a mile to catch back up, once I eased back down to the cruise control. Amazing how many people don't know how to use their cruise control!

Can't believe she's 10 years old!

As Bob Hope would say, "Thanks for the memories!"

My ten year anniversary will be December of this year as I bought mine very late in 2007. Sitting at 52k on the odometer, 44k supercharged miles. She was a daily driver for the first 4-5 months and then again for about 2-3 months in 2012 with a job change. Love her, and still have a few things that I would like to upgrade (interior and sound system). She will be getting a set of Hot Rod cams in the next month or so. Stripes were replace in 08 (painted on but not cleared so they feel original) Scoop replaced at the same time and I cut the opening under the scoop so it is functional. My side stripes are original and in great shape. She's been dragged raced, seen and will see more open lapping days at High Plains here in Colorado. I do have a need/desire for a Boss 302 (stick axle version) but I'm not sure I'd be willing to part with my SGT.

oct09 024.jpg

SGT 09-15.jpg

Edited by slbgtsc

My 10 year anniversary will be on July 15th, which is actually my birthday. I added a Kenne Bell 2.6 supercharger when the extended warranty ran out in 2013. I also bought a 2007 red with white stripes gt500 in 2013, but my white SGT vin 0104 will always be my 1st Love, which happens to be my last name as well.

I hit 9 years in August. My car was the first delivered to the dealer and served as the showroom centerpiece for it's first (almost) 2 years. I bought it in August 08. Racked up 57+k since. She's become more of our "road trip" car than our "weekend car". Never fails to turn heads, never fails to impress me with her performance. Recent 1500+ mile trip to Myrtle Beach on Spring Break, averaged 18-19 mpg and while I know it's not intended to be an economy car, that's a far cry from my '72 Mustang convertible with a 351C 4V, which struggled to achieve 11 mpg on a good day. On the other hand, before applying the cai and Ford Performance tune, she'd turn 21 mpg out on the interstate..... astounding considering what the high performance cars of my youth would do!

Truly a "grand touring" car. Had a couple of folks act like they wanted to race (I kept looking for Christie Brinkley in that Ferrari), but I only let her go once--when a couple of guys ran up my tailpipe (I had the cruise set at 81) as I was passing a line of slower traffic and did the thumbs-up-move-over gesture. That incited a no down-shift run to just over 100 and it took them better part of a mile to catch back up, once I eased back down to the cruise control. Amazing how many people don't know how to use their cruise control!

Can't believe she's 10 years old!

As Bob Hope would say, "Thanks for the memories!"

Huh. Mine gets 28-29 on the interstate. Maybe because of my 3:55 gears?

edit - oh no! I don't want to turn this into another MPG thread!! :lol:

Edited by ilmor

My car was a year old to me Feb. this year. Bought it with 168 miles on the odo. It now has 1600.

I've owned a shytload of cars, and this one feels like NO OTHER! I've posted this before, but thought it pertinent to this thread.....this car isn't about just horsepower or burning up the pavement. Nope, it's way more than that. It's something you can't put into words. You decade owners know. :rockon:

Thank you Carroll!! :rip:

• 3 weeks later...

My 10th is in September. Started life as a DD and there she stayed until last October. Original scoop, redone stripes. 55k miles.

New job, commute traffic, car pool lanes, all added up to a Ford Fusion Energi. Much better gas miles, get to drive in the car pool lanes when it's just me in the car, etc.

Longest time I've had a car.

We need someone to produce a 10 year ownership sticker or something we can place on our cars. Remember the CSM#'s? Maybe something similar.

I have no ability, otherwise I'd make them.

Anybody?

• 2 months later...

10 years for me as well and still original stripes with just over 29K miles. I am putting her up for sale in the next week. Picked up a 2017 Shelby GT350 last Tuesday and do not have the extra room for both so sadly I am going to let my SGT go.

June 06th birthday, its on my calendar :)

Bought mine 4 years ago with 25K and made 2 wonderful road trips to California from the east coast, with an east coast trip coming up soon.

Shelby installed supecharger at 47K (GT/SC), and as of today 67K. I don't plan on slowing down soon :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

How has everyone been, it's been a long time. I was just thinking about this the other day, I can't believe it has been nearly 10 years since I brought home my Shelby gt. Went out the other day for a drive with a very special person. A very close friend of mine of for over 20 years passed away 2 years ago. His daughter who is now all grown up,is a Mustang girl, she drove her car up to n.y. for a visit and we got some pics of one of our days out, it's a day i will not forget.

20170628 201513

20170702 011451

20170706 054735

20170628 203443

20170628 204821

gradient.png

Edited by Shelby N.Y.

How has everyone been, it's been a long time. I was just thinking about this the other day, I can't believe it has been nearly 10 years since I brought home my Shelby gt. Went out the other day for a drive with a very special person. A very close friend of mine of for over 20 years passed away 2 years ago. His daughter who is now all grown up,is a Mustang girl, she drove her car up to n.y. for a visit and we got some pics of one of our days out, it's a day i will not forget.

gradient.png

Very nice!!! Good to see you show up here, just curious how many miles do you have on the GT/SC now?