TEAM SHELBY FORUM

At The Verizon Store Today

So, I have always wondered this.....

I was at the Verizon store today waiting patiently in line to be called on for help with an issue on my eye fone, when I could'nt help but notice that employess seemed to keep "rotating" in and out of a locked door to the back room....one after another...and then a new one would appear with a hand held iPad to come out and help another customer. My question is, what the hell are they doing, going back and forth all the time like that? It seems sorta deceitful...like they're watching everyone through some camera lens or something? I HATE going to Verizon! They seem so shady...like used car sales people. Anyone else ever experience this, or notice it?

Cell phones are the biggest scam nowadays! You (we) have NO idea what's fair and equitable, or what the best deal is. All they do is talk in circles with mumbo jumbo that doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me. Arggghhh!! :swear:

You don't mention your region Bikeboy but I do buisness at the Middletown, CT store and it's the same thing. People are waiting for service and there is a group of them hanging out in the backroom. I am all for a person taking a break but that many at the same time. I've had worse cell phone service that's why I stick with Verizon for now. -Kevin

I've tried all the major mobile phone carriers. In reality, none of them are any good. I use the internet to work out / figure out the best deal, then go to the retail location to endure the pain, negotiation and unfortunately sometimes arguments to get what I want. I usually end up teaching them about stuff they offer on their websites that they aren't aware of. You have to be careful because they come at you with all these "free" extras, "deals", etc. Its a complete joke but if you want a mobile phone you have to put up with it.

I've tried all the major mobile phone carriers. In reality, none of them are any good. I use the internet to work out / figure out the best deal, then go to the retail location to endure the pain, negotiation and unfortunately sometimes arguments to get what I want. I usually end up teaching them about stuff they offer on their websites that they aren't aware of. You have to be careful because they come at you with all these "free" extras, "deals", etc. Its a complete joke but if you want a mobile phone you have to put up with it.

BINGO! , Bob....that's precisely my point! :thumbsup:

Ripoff large wireless companies operating just like car sales. I use Republic Wireless. $20 for unlimited minutes and texts and 1GB of data per month. Just pick out and purchase the unlocked phone they service, Android only. Greatest service!

BB, get a grip!

Edited by Secondo

The first one to off Free Unlimited Call Blocking, I'm in. I have Verizon now going on about 25 Years now. I don't need more than 1 GB of data and if it were not for the 130 Robo Calls I get a Month, I would only be using about 100 Minutes of Talk Time a Month and so far this Month I have only used 2% of my 1GB of Data.

Edited by tesgt350

The first one to off Free Unlimited Call Blocking, I'm in. I have Verizon now going on about 25 Years now. I don't need more than 1 GB of data and if it were not for the 130 Robo Calls I get a Month, I would only be using about 100 Minutes of Talk Time a Month and so far this Month I have only used 2% of my 1GB of Data.

How much you paying?

I'm happy about the new Verizon unlimited data plan which came out last month. We use about 100gb of data a month for full home and cell usage (including a teenage daughter). We stream quite a few movies and TV through the internet (Netflix etc.). The new unlimited plan increased our bill by $40 a month, but also allowed me to finally fully cut the cord with land line which was our previous internet provider. That was a $75 a month bill, so it actually saved us $35 a month. (I live out in the boonies, so land line was our only available IP previously). I do all our Verizon contact stuff online, which has been no problem at all. I also travel quite a bit, so coverage is important to me. When I had AT&T previously, I had tons of coverage issues which I do not have with Verizon.

Edited by JeffJ

:hysterical2:

:nonono:

Yeah, I know.......I had my number for over 25 Years and don't want to give it up. I have talked with other Cell Companies that say "Switch to us and keep your Number" and every time I get told, "Sorry, we have to change your Number". Just like those Tire Ads that say "4 Tires for just $100.00, most Cars"........except MINE.......

Yeah, I know.......I had my number for over 25 Years and don't want to give it up. I have talked with other Cell Companies that say "Switch to us and keep your Number" and every time I get told, "Sorry, we have to change your Number". Just like those Tire Ads that say "4 Tires for just $100.00, most Cars"........except MINE.......

Try Republic Wireless and save your money.

$61 a Month for unlimited Talk & Text and 1 GB Data.

If you look, you can probably get unlimited data for that same amount. They will not upgrade you automatically, you have to ask. However, you have to deal with all the other bull as noted in the first message on this thread. Or you can probably do it online. I upgraded to my unlimited on line. Single line unlimited data is less than $61 a month. I'm guessing that you haven't upgraded your plan in a very long time with paying $61 for one line and one G data.

If you look, you can probably get unlimited data for that same amount. They will not upgrade you automatically, you have to ask. However, you have to deal with all the other bull as noted in the first message on this thread. Or you can probably do it online. I upgraded to my unlimited on line. Single line unlimited data is less than $61 a month. I'm guessing that you haven't upgraded your plan in a very long time with paying $61 for one line and one G data.

It has been less than a Year.

It has been less than a Year.

So is $20-$30 of that paying for your phone? That would make more sense. If not, then you should look into what they will do for you. If less than a year, you probably have your phone costs in that also. The days of free phones with signing up for a two year or so plan are pretty much gone. This is pretty much due to a new global accounting rule called IFRS15 that goes into effect next year. It completely changes how some of these companies recognize revenue. Now they have to recognize the full amount of revenue on a phone at the time it changes hands, where they used to recognize it over time of the contract. Since this new rule coming up, that is why most phone companies took the cost of the phone out of the contract and now sell the phone. You can still pay for the phone over a time period, but it has to be a separate line item from the phone contract so that they can record the phone revenue properly. Most cell companies have already switch over to this, but all will be this year. So the price of the phone is now paid up front, or over time, but not lumped into a one price contract as before.

The one thing guaranteed about communications - phone, satellite TV and cable TV - is that they will raise your rates at the drop of a hat, but should a better package deal happen [more for less] they will NOT switch you to a lower rate plan unless you ask. I now do a periodic rate check. We were on a grandfathered unlimited minutes plan just after VZW switched from unlimited data. With certain phones you could keep it but they changed data to metered with your next upgrade. As long as you kept the phone it was a good deal, but phones die... The thing is we don't use that much data just before they reintroduced unlimited, so I recently did the audit and found that for 1Gb data, fixed rate for all phones plus $20 per phone I saved a boatload. And now they let you carry over data. Then VZW periodically bumps data for free so now I'm back t ohaving 6GB or something like that "on the books". Most of the time we are connected via WiFi so most email etc doesn't affect us. Only when we're on the road. The other thing about travel is that maps use data and alot of it, so I don't use phone maps for most things, especially longer trips, using our regular Garmin instead.

The same rate checks can save you money on your home internet (cable or DSL).

Maybe because we have a business account, not sure but always have success.

I've been trying to get a business account. In the store, they tell you, "We'll get them in touch with you." but never do! I finally contacted Verizon business directly online Monday and received an email saying, "We'll get back to you shortly." Haven't yet......same ol, same ol! I'm really, REALLY tired of dealing with them! Got any insights on small business accounts? There are 3 of us with company phones and the bill is $250+ ! It's killing me!

Cellular phones are not an exact science. But it wasn't that long ago that face-time and kitten videos were science-fiction and voice calls were $1 per minute.

It's like car insurance, you have to change every couple of years to get the best price.

Here is my Bill lay out:

Smart Phone Line ................................ $20.00

Device Payment ................................... $5.00

Verizon Plan Small 1GB ....................... $30.00

Fed Universal Service Charge .............. $0.66

Regulatory Charge ................................ $0.21

Administrative Charge ........................... $1.23

Florida State 911 Fee ............................ $0.40

Florida Communications Service Tax .... $1.88

Leon County Communications Tax ........ $1.53

TOATL $60.91

I just paid it so I only have 1 Year left on this Contract ($60.00 left of the Phone Cost)

Edited by tesgt350

Cellular phones are not an exact science. But it wasn't that long ago that face-time and kitten videos were science-fiction and voice calls were $1 per minute.

It's like car insurance, you have to change every couple of years to get the best price.

Yeah......... I remember when it was a HUGE deal to have a Beeper.