TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking of changing color

fastfords

I ordered vista blue w/white but am thinking of white/vista blue. I know, there are more important things to think about. I like the blue but can't help but be drawn to the classic white/blue color scheme. I have owned my share of white vehicles but I still think it looks good. Any input? :banghead:

I ordered vista blue w/white but am thinking of white/vista blue. I know, there are more important things to think about. I like the blue but can't help but be drawn to the classic white/blue color scheme. I have owned my share of white vehicles but I still think it looks good. Any input? :banghead:

I was in the same boat as you. Why don't you try to see both colors in person? Thats was sold me over to the white!

Reds, Blues and Whites, most popular colors.

I like them both, but, the classic 1965 white/blue was the deciding factor. When I think of classic Shelbys, I think White/Blue. Doesn't hurt that I gave a Carroll Shelby autographed pic of the white/blue (see avatar).

Like it says.red/blue/white the most common. If you want to tell your apart, go with something else! Most people who got these colors more or less had a reason, but it may not have been their favorite. Also these are the most produced colors and if you could not order, these were the most available. These are also the color Ford chose to build if they ordered. Go with what you like as that is all that matter, forget why someone picked a color.

Decided to change to white/blue. I guess I will have two cars the same color. Actually, 67 white is wimbledon. Kinda milky. Not as stark white as new cars. A bit different blue stripes also. Close enough. This is the color I always thought I would go with if I ended up getting a GT500. Really love the grabber orange/silver stripes though. Wish they offered the grabber green from 70 Boss 302's.....

I don't think you will be dissapointed with your color decision. I also thought about the Blue/White combo, but in the end I was very happy with my White/Blue choice.

Sorry for the double pic :shrug:

Shelby_Lake_New_3.jpg

Shelby_Lake_New_3.jpg

Shelby_Lake_New_3.jpg

Shelby_Lake_New_3.jpg

I'd leave it Vista Blue. Still looks classic and people notice the car more IMHO. Looks very sharp coming down the road. If you have any plans for a SS or 40th I might go with Red for SS or Black fo 40th. What am I saying any color is awesome, it's a Shelby GT500!!

CW

Decided to change to white/blue. I guess I will have two cars the same color. Actually, 67 white is wimbledon. Kinda milky. Not as stark white as new cars. A bit different blue stripes also. Close enough. This is the color I always thought I would go with if I ended up getting a GT500. Really love the grabber orange/silver stripes though. Wish they offered the grabber green from 70 Boss 302's.....

Don`t Do It Stay with Vista Blue you will love it . You can Thank Me Later.

White is also the fastest color! :happy feet:

Back when I put down a deposit in early 1st qtr '05, there were no colors available. I told them I'm sure they'd do the white with blue, that'd be first, then the blue and white, then if that wasn't available if they did a silver like the GT. (Not knowning they were doing the orange and after seeing Grabber's, I might have gone for one....it's one sexy stang.)

It was more important to have a number and then if you liked the color, you took the car that came in. I was #4 on the Coupe and #1 on the "verts". They told me to pick 3 color choices when one came in, they'd call and I could come up and look at it, the first vert came in, it was white, when she called and said, I didn't need to drive up (115 miles) to look at it, she knew I'd take that one, she just needed to know if I still wanted the stripes, she even suggested that they go on. I drove up and thought about it for 3 days, then told her to add the stripes. The white vert was very nice looking, but way to plain for a Shelby, and definitely not the look I wanted. So mine came home in December with painted stripes.

I had planned and was told by the manufactuer that they would send me one of their first hard tops for the vert when they came out in Spring 07, so much for that. I quit looking at their site and have about given up on the hard top, maybe this winter. I'm now interested in a speedster tonneau for it, but there are only a couple out and they have morons for camera people or they just really look like :censored: and are afraid to take pics of it.

I see the Blue and just love it, there is nothing hotter looking than that blue with chrome.

But I do love my white, and had the dealer paint the LeMans stripes on my vert before delivery. The color combo with the black cloth is great.

There is nothing that screams Shelby like that white with blue.

Only two dissapointments. The wheels are pretty lame and the suspension has a little to be desired. They should have kept it close to the concept and added a thousand. Other than that (of which I'm fixing), it's a wonderful and fun car.

To date about 30 photos from people at Sonic or at stop lights (that I know of). It's so much fun to walk out to the end of the parking lot at a store and have someone or another mustang looking at it and asking questions, then when you start it and those Corsa's come on, you see the smile on their faces. That's priceless.

Shelby-Prestripes-006a.jpg

Shelby-Front-1000.jpg

I ordered one and I like it without. Several reasons. I do not like the plastic sticker for one and the BS that goes along with it. Second depending on the color combo, the standard black vert top breaks up the stripe and adds a third color (looks dorky). Add to that, the fact that SO MANY Mustangs now have stripes, and even clone stripes.... well there you have it. I agree on a Coup though.

Reds, Blues and Whites, most popular colors.

actually black, red, and white are most popular making up around 75% or so of the total build, vista is around 14% of the build with the rest being split up with the rest of the colors around 2.7 on the orange, 3.4 or so tungsten and 3.7 alloy

thats a rough estimate, but very close

Archived