TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch question ?? 2011 gt500

Bjjsnake

I just got my first Shelby Gt 500 and clutch wont depress .Im assuming clutch needs to be replaced so any suggestions guys . Thanks in advance

Not quite sure what you mean by not depressing , the clutch pedal has to be pushed to the floor to start the car. So when you put the car in 1st gear is the clutch slipping when you let it out?

It won't push down so I can't start the car at all anymore. A friend of mine who works on them said it was probably the slave in the clutch he recommended I replace the whole clutch and flywheel its at 50,000 miles but thought I wouls ask since most of you guys have more experience than I do here.

It won't push down so I can't start the car at all anymore. A friend of mine who works on them said it was probably the slave in the clutch he recommended I replace the whole clutch and flywheel its at 50,000 miles but thought I wouls ask since most of you guys have more experience than I do here.

Not sure if an air lock in the system would do that but hang in there someone on here that has more experience with these clutches will help you solve the problem. Not sure that the clutch & flywheel need changing.

Edited by shelby001