TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Submitted my GT 500 Vert Order today

Rarecat

Got my MSRP order in writing and submitted today. It's been a long wait....now I've got a few more months to wait and scrounge up a big down payment......(insert heavy sigh of relief here)

Congrats. Glad to see more and more MSRP deals going down. I think it will be the standard in a few months (of course I thought it would be the standard by this last March, also).

Here's what happened....

Yesterday I went to a family funeral and was assigned the job of picking up the catered lunch. I had an hour to burn between the ceremony and the food being ready so I stopped in the local dealership to see what they had. To my surprise they had 3 GT-500's, one was the owners, one was already sold and the last was a triple black vert. Just for giggles, I asked for the price of the vert. The response was 5K over. I handed the sales dude my business card and told him to call me if they would take MSRP

An hour later, they called and said they would take MSRP. Since I was at a funeral, I told them I'd be back to the dealership in a few hours to buy the car. They called back about twenty minutes later saying if I wanted it they needed a deposit because there was another buyer there. I told them that I needed to talk to the wife and look at the car one more time and if the other guy bought it, it was OK with me because I didn't really want a black one anyway. Wife gave me the green light

On my way home I got the call that the triple black vert was sold, so I asked if they would order me a 2008 at MSRP and they said sure. The Sales manager and I went down the order sheet and added every available option. It's a Vista Blue Vert w/white stripes. I asked the sales manager why they made the deal at MSRP, he told me that he and the owner decided they had had enough of the "game" and just decided to sell all they could. I've got the order sheet and a signed sales order confirming the price.

I'd rather not post the dealer info just yet. Call me cautious, paranoid, a**hole or whatever you want, but I was shocked it was so easy, I'd hate to have anything or anyone mess it up. If someone is desperate, PM me and I'll call the sales manager to see if he wants to do more deals or want's his info posted...

Here's what happened....

Yesterday I went to a family funeral and was assigned the job of picking up the catered lunch. I had an hour to burn between the ceremony and the food being ready so I stopped in the local dealership to see what they had. To my surprise they had 3 GT-500's, one was the owners, one was already sold and the last was a triple black vert. Just for giggles, I asked for the price of the vert. The response was 5K over. I handed the sales dude my business card and told him to call me if they would take MSRP

An hour later, they called and said they would take MSRP. Since I was at a funeral, I told them I'd be back to the dealership in a few hours to buy the car. They called back about twenty minutes later saying if I wanted it they needed a deposit because there was another buyer there. I told them that I needed to talk to the wife and look at the car one more time and if the other guy bought it, it was OK with me because I didn't really want a black one anyway. Wife gave me the green light

On my way home I got the call that the triple black vert was sold, so I asked if they would order me a 2008 at MSRP and they said sure. The Sales manager and I went down the order sheet and added every available option. It's a Vista Blue Vert w/white stripes. I asked the sales manager why they made the deal at MSRP, he told me that he and the owner decided they had had enough of the "game" and just decided to sell all they could. I've got the order sheet and a signed sales order confirming the price.

I'd rather not post the dealer info just yet. Call me cautious, paranoid, a**hole or whatever you want, but I was shocked it was so easy, I'd hate to have anything or anyone mess it up. If someone is desperate, PM me and I'll call the sales manager to see if he wants to do more deals or want's his info posted...

Good story. Hoping to hear of more and more of the dealers getting tired of the game.

Nice color choice. I've seen the vert in blue and liked it.

I wouldn't reveal your dealer yet either. Wait until you get your car, then sing like a bird.

Wow!!! Congrats!!!

I know I will be posting one day soon as well. ;)

Let us know your car's progress!!!

edit: BTW, what color/options did you order???

Crispy, If anybody deserves to get one soon, it is you. Good luck, my friend

Crispy,

If you can't find an MSRP deal within a week let me know. I think I know where to find one if you want to travel to Ohio. I have an old connection there I wish I would have used. I ended up paying +$10 but it was meant to be. No regrets. My ass! %%$$##

Word of caution on the Ohio Dealers... I had a deal down there on one and was told it was a go, no worries and almost took his word but kept looking. Found my deal (better at MSRP than the 5k over he had) only to find I NEVER got my call back! This info came from a Forum friend and he got his deal there prior to mine calls... so word of caution is all, get it in writing!

For those of you who have PM'ed me about my deal and dealer, I've got disappointing news. I spoke to my sales dude today, who spoke to the sales manager and they claim to have already sold thier 2008 allocation (with mine being 1 of the 2). They said they would try to secure more, but would need 5K over.

If you still want to pursue getting a Shelby through them, PM me and I'll give you my salesmans phone number...

For those of you who have PM'ed me about my deal and dealer, I've got disappointing news. I spoke to my sales dude today, who spoke to the sales manager and they claim to have already sold thier 2008 allocation (with mine being 1 of the 2). They said they would try to secure more, but would need 5K over.

If you still want to pursue getting a Shelby through them, PM me and I'll give you my salesmans phone number...

Rarecat,

Thanks for your attempts to help some other folks on the forum.. it is greatly appreciated im sure by everyone.

5K is nothing to sneeze at... still alot better then some are asking.

Thanks again !!!

Wow, yet another BS story! I was one of those stories all last year. Amazing to me they can go to that length then pull the floor out from under you! Can't we report them to the BBB?

To clarify, I've still got my MSRP deal, they just wouldn't do anymore. I actually took a wingman with me when I made my deal...he happens to be a lawman.... they are going to sell it to me at MSRP and I've got the perfect witness and paperwork to make sure!

Let's just hope it get's built.....

To clarify, I've still got my MSRP deal, they just wouldn't do anymore. I actually took a wingman with me when I made my deal...he happens to be a lawman.... they are going to sell it to me at MSRP and I've got the perfect witness and paperwork to make sure!

Let's just hope it get's built.....

Thanks Rarecat. I appreciate your efforts.

Glad you have a good witness... hope you don't need him.

Archived