TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTE Sightings

There is a Shelby GTE for sale [#12] in Massachusetts. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out if I'm in the neighborhood.

http://www.yorkford.com/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-boston-saugus-0d3d420f0a0e0a175837ce5839a35219.htm?searchDepth=7:10

only $10,000 over MSRP............[eye roll]

Beautiful car. They look even better now with the Venom wheels available. If you look close at the pics, the York dealership did a painfully bad job applying tire shine.

It's too bad there isn't a good option for dealers to stock them and make a buck. There was a beautiful 2016 Shelby GT sitting at Tamiami Ford in Florida for almost a year and I think they finally gave it over to auction to move it.

They might have a chance at moving them if they didn't price gouge so much. This backfires all the time, the Boss 302's sat because of it, the GT350's sat, these will also sit. I see Focus RS's sitting now too. They do this and then Ford thinks the car is not a good seller, reality is it would be if they made the deals equal for buyer/seller. So many buyers move on to other brands because of it and a good amount of those you never get back for future sales.

Edited by carnut12

You could have Shelby build you a new Shelby GTE for the price of a Mustang plus $18K brand new.

$18k is the base GTE package price. This particular GTE has a $36k package including options. The dealer also has shipping expenses from Vegas to New York.

Like any new car purchase I'm sure there could be some negotiation room on the price but lets not forget there is some value for someone to be able to drive home the same day with a new Shelby GTE from the dealership. Its not like a potential buyer can go to another Ford dealer down the street and drive home with a new Shelby GTE.

Time will tell if the dealership miscalculated their market. And its not like SAI stopped selling direct, we can still build you a Shelby GTE.

Steve

$18k is the base GTE package price. This particular GTE has a $36k package including options. The dealer also has shipping expenses from Vegas to New York.

Like any new car purchase I'm sure there could be some negotiation room on the price but lets not forget there is some value for someone to be able to drive home the same day with a new Shelby GTE from the dealership. Its not like a potential buyer can go to another Ford dealer down the street and drive home with a new Shelby GTE.

Time will tell if the dealership miscalculated their market. And its not like SAI stopped selling direct, we can still build you a Shelby GTE.

Steve

Steve, I'm actually thinking about a GTE eco-boost convertible for an really cool "economy" car driver for my wife and I. It would be an 2018 or later. Got plenty of power now with the '14 Shelby GT-500 so just looking for a "non-scary" driver the wife can enjoy but still look cool driving around. My question to you would be, what the best way to go, order a base model in the color you want or a loaded 'vert from Ford and send it to SAI for the conversion? Thanks.

Steve, I'm actually thinking about a GTE eco-boost convertible for an really cool "economy" car driver for my wife and I. It would be an 2018 or later. Got plenty of power now with the '14 Shelby GT-500 so just looking for a "non-scary" driver the wife can enjoy but still look cool driving around. My question to you would be, what the best way to go, order a base model in the color you want or a loaded 'vert from Ford and send it to SAI for the conversion? Thanks.

Bill,

I'm not sure if there is a "best way" but ordering the base car from your local dealership and having Ford drop ship the car to SAI is certainly an option. You could also check dealer inventory at all Ford dealerships across the Country to see if a dealer has the right base car for you, you could then arrange to have the car shipped from that dealership to Vegas.

You could also scour the internet classifieds for a low mile used car and have that car shipped to Vegas. And finally you could also work with one of our sales guys to find you a base car at a Nevada dealership to save on shipping costs.

Best suggestion is to reach out to Chris or Jason in our sales department and work with them on what they feel would work best for your situation.

Bill,

I'm not sure if there is a "best way" but ordering the base car from your local dealership and having Ford drop ship the car to SAI is certainly an option. You could also check dealer inventory at all Ford dealerships across the Country to see if a dealer has the right base car for you, you could then arrange to have the car shipped from that dealership to Vegas.

You could also scour the internet classifieds for a low mile used car and have that car shipped to Vegas. And finally you could also work with one of our sales guys to find you a base car at a Nevada dealership to save on shipping costs.

Best suggestion is to reach out to Chris or Jason in our sales department and work with them on what they feel would work best for your situation.

Thanks, Steve. I'm still a year or so out but will definitely be contacting SAI when I'm ready for advice. I toured the airport facility about 18 months ago with Gary when he was still the V.P. and was very impressed with the shop and look forward to working with you guys on this.

Take care,

Bill

• 1 month later...

It is still $78K for a Mustang, you can get a Z06 for that. Most have no clue what GTE is, I have to admit it looks very odd having GTE on it.

I love the color combination, but I would go for the SS over this all day long, actually I would spring the extra cash for the Terlingua.

• 3 weeks later...
Dealerships crack me up, who in their right mind would pay over sticker? Who would even pay MSRPI paid $300 under Murphys for my 2007 Shelby GT, in the prime. The new cars for msrp or over are fools gold, we need to always remember that.

"A fool and his money are soon parted".

• 5 years later...

This is so funny to see this thread. I just purchased the car in this thread CSM 17GTE0012. I have been a mustang and Shelby fan all of my teenage to present life. I saw this car for sale and immediately knew what it was. No one else seems to know what it is. The car now resides in the Orlando Florida area and currently has 22K on the clock. I am the second owner of the car. The original owner was pretty rough on the car for its milage. Its still in great shape but the interior did suffer. I am working on getting it back to new as possible. If I could get those dealer pictures that would be incredible. There is literally slim to no information on the GTE so I guess the program was a very low production. I am always looking for more information on the production numbers as Shelby said that they are not available. I did get the build sheet and got the car into the registry.