TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary Build Numbers. Final build 312 cars.

Thanks, Steve. I'm confused. My 40th was completed in February 2008. There was a black convertible 40th at SEMA October 2007 and many articles covering the announcement. My understanding was that 1st 40th was Steve Davis car - what number is his if not 01P? How is it that 01P was completed 2 years later?

Did some digging and what I found relates to exactly what I was trying to convey in an earlier post, sequence dates can be tough to determine. In regards to 001P the first wrench used by SAI on this 40th was in 2007 but the last wrench used by SAI on this car wasn't until 2009. This car was also not invoiced until 2009.

So which came first, the chicken or the egg? If it wasn't until 2009 that the car was finished, signed off, invoice paid and delivered to the owner wouldn't 2009 be the completion date? Yes I understand that an argument could be made for 2007 but things are not always black & white.

Steve

John, this might help.

Shelby65_mustang
Shelby65_mustang
  • photo-thumb-9769.jpg?_r=0
  • Great Lakes Region
Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:48 PM
I believe the 1st 40th Belongs to Steve Davis, from Barrett-Jackson, it was #CSM07XL0001, when we dropped our car off in February of 2007 to be converted we saw it in person,
had been signed by Carroll, "To My Good Friend Steve....Carroll Shelby",
Steve Navarro was working at Shelby American then and he jokingly said to us, look he signed it to me,
Steve!!, Of Course he then corrected himself and told us the Real Steve that it had been signed to!

Also,.... Being from Wisconsin and haven driven our car there and back a couple of times and just LOVIN' our Shelby and Enjoying it the
only way we know how, our mileage now reads 46,000+ miles..... I do not know if that makes the most or not, but we sure do Love it!!!

John, this might help.

Shelby65_mustang
Shelby65_mustang
  • photo-thumb-9769.jpg?_r=0
  • Great Lakes Region
Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:48 PM
I believe the 1st 40th Belongs to Steve Davis, from Barrett-Jackson, it was #CSM07XL0001, when we dropped our car off in February of 2007 to be converted we saw it in person,

had been signed by Carroll, "To My Good Friend Steve....Carroll Shelby",

Steve Navarro was working at Shelby American then and he jokingly said to us, look he signed it to me,

Steve!!, Of Course he then corrected himself and told us the Real Steve that it had been signed to!

Also,.... Being from Wisconsin and haven driven our car there and back a couple of times and just LOVIN' our Shelby and Enjoying it the

only way we know how, our mileage now reads 46,000+ miles..... I do not know if that makes the most or not, but we sure do Love it!!!

Thanks, Don.

That list serves as a good refresher. Could use some updating - I've had 285s on the front and 315s on the rear since probably 2010...

Good to see some are still keeping up with this forum. I've kinda lost touch myself.

Thanks, Don.

That list serves as a good refresher. Could use some updating - I've had 285s on the front and 315s on the rear since probably 2010...

Good to see some are still keeping up with this forum. I've kinda lost touch myself.

Let the fun begin

• 3 months later...

40th Anniversary build chart has been updated with the addition of Carroll's #13 car. I've also added stripe colors to the chart as two of the 40th's did not have regular production silver striping. And before anyone asks, these two non-silver stripes cars were cars for Carroll. There was no stripe color choices available, your name had to be on the front of the building to receive a change in stripe color.

The Registry was also available to track down more detailed mod-shop build info that changed some of the option numbers like the white cue ball shifter numbers.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, SAI-Steven said:

40th Anniversary build chart has been updated with the addition of Carroll's #13 car. I've also added stripe colors to the chart as two of the 40th's did not have regular production silver striping. And before anyone asks, these two non-silver stripes cars were cars for Carroll. There was no stripe color choices available, your name had to be on the front of the building to receive a change in stripe color.

The Registry was also available to track down more detailed mod-shop build info that changed some of the option numbers like the white cue ball shifter numbers.

Hey Steven -

Have an interesting situation on FB.  A guy is posting a Red 40th Anniversary vert that appears questionable. It seems to be a nice tribute car, but there's now a claim to it as being CSM07XL0120. Robert Lane posted details on that which indicates 120 is a black vert vin 369438.  A quick google and that shows it being sold at BJ Palm Beach 2017 here... https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2007-FORD-SHELBY-GT500-CONVERTIBLE-205914  which is indeed a black vert.

Robert mentioned he's seen examples of two 2007 GT500 40ths being issued the same CSX num. Can that be true?  Here's the FB post...   https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShelbyAmerican/permalink/3251982358199967/

Edited by GT500FLYBOY