TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary Build Numbers. Final build 312 cars.

Well since the car was unveiled at the 2006 SEMA show I would say it was completed October 2006.

Well since the car was unveiled at the 2006 SEMA show I would say it was completed October 2006.

So if some cars were completed with the 40th Anniv. package in October of 2006 & SA were still badging the Super snake with the 40TH & SS emblem but stop at some point as it was confusing would that be correct?

So if some cars were completed with the 40th Anniv. package in October of 2006 & SA were still badging the Super snake with the 40TH & SS emblem but stop at some point as it was confusing would that be correct?

In October of 2006, as far as I know, there was just one 40th Anniversary car in existence, a black vert built for a SAI business partner and that was used for the sales flyer so its probably best not to use that date with the words some cars as there was just one car.

In October of 2006, as far as I know, there was just one 40th Anniversary car in existence, a black vert built for a SAI business partner and that was used for the sales flyer so its probably best not to use that date with the words some cars as there was just one car.

I hear ya.

Thanks Steve and really appreciate your update on the two unknown cars have been found . Now we have the original thread ( not the chart ) on the 40th Anniversary build numbers missing that has been up for the last six years, or was it deleted for a purpose or do we have another episode of cold case? I even checked the attic. If I recall correctly there were many pages on that thread of interesting discussions from the 40th community that was part of the 40th history will be missed.

BTW: What ever happened to the 2008 car that somehow received the 40th package?

Looking forward

Thanks Steve and really appreciate your update on the two unknown cars have been found . Now we have the original thread ( not the chart ) on the 40th Anniversary build numbers missing that has been up for the last six years, or was it deleted for a purpose or do we have another episode of cold case? I even checked the attic. If I recall correctly there were many pages on that thread of interesting discussions from the 40th community that was part of the 40th history will be missed.
BTW: What ever happened to the 2008 car that somehow received the 40th package?
Looking forward

That thread is still around. I unpinned that thread which means it slid down the forum.

Remember threads are listed by the date of the last post so if the last post in that thread was from say a year ago then you'll need to scroll down to threads that are a year old to find it. I'm just using a year as an example, i'm not saying that as a fact. If the last post in that thread was six months ago then of course you'll need to look six months down, if the last post was two years ago you would need to look down two years.

Steve

After seeing it pinned up at the top for 6 years you really got me on that one. Why the change? Hope you don't do that to the Shelby GT500 Nascar Edition build numbers. Did you ever find out what happened to the 2008 40th? :)

That thread is still around. I unpinned that thread which means it slid down the forum.

Remember threads are listed by the date of the last post so if the last post in that thread was from say a year ago then you'll need to scroll down to threads that are a year old to find it. I'm just using a year as an example, i'm not saying that as a fact. If the last post in that thread was six months ago then of course you'll need to look six months down, if the last post was two years ago you would need to look down two years.

Steve

I scrolled down to the 40th Production thread and it won't let me make a post.

After seeing it pinned up at the top for 6 years you really got me on that one. Why the change? Hope you don't do that to the Shelby GT500 Nascar Edition build numbers. Did you ever find out what happened to the 2008 40th? :)

The change was due to my locating those two unknown Quantum Performance builds. I also added a lot more build info such as wheel color, brake color, 1/4 window option, cooling option, shifter option, etc.

I'm not sure why you feel these updated numbers were not beneficial to owners/enthusiasts. Previously you didn't know the color, body style, hp level of two builds along with only knowing the hp level. Now you know that missing data along with being presented with 700% more build details and you hope I don't do this again? :headscratch:

Steve

I'm sorry to see you are taking this conversation in a negative way. :cry: :stop:
Now you are making things up. :redcard: I never said anything about updated numbers were not beneficial to owners/enthusiasts. :whistling: I did ask why after seeing it pinned up at the top for 6 years why the change? :headscratch: When all you needed to do was upgrade the chart. :happy feet:
Also you are avoiding my question on the 2008 40th. :headscratch:
And avoiding the question on why I can't make a post or "anyone else" in the 40th production thread that you down-graded from being pinned. :headscratch:
The only thing I said you should not do again is unpinned the 427 package.

Steve

I'm sorry to see you are taking this conversation in a negative way. :cry: :stop:
Now you are making things up. :redcard: I never said anything about updated numbers were not beneficial to owners/enthusiasts. :whistling: I did ask why after seeing it pinned up at the top for 6 years why the change? :headscratch: When all you needed to do was upgrade the chart. :happy feet:
Also you are avoiding my question on the 2008 40th. :headscratch:
And avoiding the question on why I can't make a post or "anyone else" in the 40th production thread that you down-graded from being pinned. :headscratch:
The only thing I said you should not do again is unpinned the 427 package.

How else should I take your recent posts in this thread except negatively? Did you not accuse me of deleting a thread in post #13?

Then in your follow-up post, did you not then question why changes were made and how you do not want me to make anymore changes. Strangely enough just this morning we learned of a 427 Nascar Edition that was part of the build count that wasn't built after-all so I'm confused, do you want changes made or not when new info becomes available?

And now you're claiming I'm ignoring you because you didn't receive a reply for a question you asked just two hours earlier.

Sorry but my day doesn't revolve around making sure gt67 gets his questions answered instantly, many questions need research which means an instantaneous reply is not always feasible. Just think of the time I've spent on this thread, do you not think that time could of been spent doing research or answering questions.

Its regrettable that I wasn't able to meet your expectations.

Steve

How else should I take your recent posts in this thread except negatively? Did you not accuse me of deleting a thread in post #13?

I asked what happened to it and if it was deleted and now who's being negative.

Then in your follow-up post, did you not then question why changes were made and how you do not want me to make anymore changes. Strangely enough just this morning we learned of a 427 Nascar Edition that was part of the build count that wasn't built after-all so I'm confused, do you want changes made or not when new info becomes available?

I think you are fine adding new info but don't move the thread and lock it.

And now you're claiming I'm ignoring you because you didn't receive a reply for a question you asked just two hours earlier.

Well, you did reply right away on the first one and you still haven't answered why the thread was locked or what happened to the 2008 40th.

Sorry but my day doesn't revolve around making sure gt67 gets his questions answered instantly, many questions need research which means an instantaneous reply is not always feasible. Just think of the time I've spent on this thread, do you not think that time could of been spent doing research or answering questions.

Just talked to a Team Shelby Member and he gave me a possible good explanation on the new pinned thread on 40th production. Sometimes you just have get off the public forum to get an a answer.

Its regrettable that I wasn't able to meet your expectations.

Steve

You have met my expectations most of the time.

This is the 40th production thread I'm talking about.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/70464-40th-production/

• 2 weeks later...

Cool that you figured out that last two builds and added even more details. Thanks for keeping at it Steve! Much appreciated. It looks like I am the 1 of 1 black convertible that ordered the cooling package. Though I do know of at least one other that added it afterward. Great stuff.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone remember when the last 40ths were made and delivered - or when the deadline for requests was exactly? End of 2010 or so? Do we have a list of owners anywhere? Can that be determined thru the registry? Curious.

As snkbite mentioned 12/31/2010 was the cut-off date to put a deposit down and reserve a 40th spot.

Yes the Shelby American Registry has all the original owners names along with any subsequent owners who have Registered their car with the Registry. Unfortunately this is not a publicly view-able list due to privacy concerns.

Steve

As snkbite mentioned 12/31/2010 was the cut-off date to put a deposit down and reserve a 40th spot.

Yes the Shelby American Registry has all the original owners names along with any subsequent owners who have Registered their car with the Registry. Unfortunately this is not a publicly view-able list due to privacy concerns.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Couple more questions. Do we have a list of the 40th production sequence? We know they weren't produced exactly in sequence with our CSX numbers. Can were get a list that shows the actual order of production? I believe Steve Davis's was the first. Was his 0001 or 001P? What CSX number was completed last?

Thanks, Steve. Couple more questions. Do we have a list of the 40th production sequence? We know they weren't produced exactly in sequence with our CSX numbers. Can were get a list that shows the actual order of production? I believe Steve Davis's was the first. Was his 0001 or 001P? What CSX number was completed last?

Sequence number would not be easy to determine mainly due to the various mod shop builds that were build the 40th Anniversary cars. Sequence numbers can also be tricky because the completion date shown might be an invoice date and not the date the last bolt was torqued down. WE also have to remember that a mod shop might have completed a build but it would be several weeks later before the car was badged by SAI.

07XL0001P was not built until the end of 2009 so it wouldn't be even close to be the first or one of the first cars built.

Steve

Sequence number would not be easy to determine mainly due to the various mod shop builds that were build the 40th Anniversary cars. Sequence numbers can also be tricky because the completion date shown might be an invoice date and not the date the last bolt was torqued down. WE also have to remember that a mod shop might have completed a build but it would be several weeks later before the car was badged by SAI.

07XL0001P was not built until the end of 2009 so it wouldn't be even close to be the first or one of the first cars built.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'm confused. My 40th was completed in February 2008. There was a black convertible 40th at SEMA October 2007 and many articles covering the announcement. My understanding was that 1st 40th was Steve Davis car - what number is his if not 01P? How is it that 01P was completed 2 years later?

Thanks, Steve. I'm confused. My 40th was completed in February 2008. There was a black convertible 40th at SEMA October 2007 and many articles covering the announcement. My understanding was that 1st 40th was Steve Davis car - what number is his if not 01P? How is it that 01P was completed 2 years later?

Let me dig through the files to see what I can find.