TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT 500 Battery

shel-b001

1 hour ago, Robert M said:

I used the replacement Motorcraft  battery in my 2008, put a replacement heat blanket around it (keeping my pristine original stored away), and then stuck the Shelby cover over all of it....

051.jpg

The battery linked below seems to be an AGM alternative that fits our application according to some internet forum thread research....

https://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/96r-600

R

Looking good.. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 5:34 PM, mwfoley said:

Robert M - If you want to sell your prestine original batter blanket let me know.   

Thanks,

Mark

Ok, Mark, sounds good. The reason I removed my original was because after buying the new replacement as a spare,  I realized there was a change in the new vs. the original, that is why I stored the original away, so I would have a "correct original" and not a replacement if in the future I do MCA judged shows where there will not no metal Shelby cover, covering everything up. I don't remember what the difference was in the original and the replacement, it may have been at the bottom of the heat shield/blanket, I don't remember OR come to think of it, there is a part number tag on the cover itself, I think it changed and its location on the cover, that may also have been different between the two.

R

Edited by Robert M

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:29 PM, Robert M said:

I used the replacement Motorcraft  battery in my 2008, put a replacement heat blanket around it (keeping my pristine original stored away), and then stuck the Shelby cover over all of it....

051.jpg

The battery linked below seems to be an AGM alternative that fits our application according to some internet forum thread research....

https://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/96r-600

R

Great find, good to see another option