TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT 500 Battery

shel-b001

BTW, Ford on their info website even states that batteries in group sizes and are somewhat interchangeable across different cars and that depending on which area of the country or world you are in and the type of weather in the area that you may want to select a different battery, i.e., for cold climates you may want a higher CCA. Also unless you had your car shipped directly to you from the factory it could very well be that your battery could have easily been swapped at the dealership before you bought it ( It does happen).......are you trying to document that you have an ultra rare 1 of 1 Shelby with a unique battery?

He's a Mustang judge as well.....this is a great question that could eventually have a solid answer.

:victory:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya the Mopar batteries are on sale this week if your interested & they say it takes .001 second off when you run a 1/4 mile because they are lighter.

Removed/replaced a few things on the car including the battery and saved 50+ combined pounds.

I almost took a pic of the original battery before I recycled it. I figured at some point someone would be looking for the original numbers. Didn't think it would be this soon, though. 35 years maybe?

Edited by Secondo

Removed/replaced a few things on the car including the battery and saved 50+ combined pounds.

I almost took a pic of the original battery before I recycled it. I figured at some point someone would be looking for the original numbers. Didn't think it would be this soon, though. 35 years maybe?

So who`s looking for the original numbers ?

:hysterical2:

Some people need to remove the Ford only blinders... there is zero value or anything else to keeping the factory battery or replacing it with the same MotorCrap battery from Ford.

Best battery for every day use is Interstate and its not even close. If you have to have the 'factory' look no matter what you can buy fake tops to cover other batteries. If you want a great battery with weight savings then an Optima is perfect. I have heard good things about Odyssey Battery too.

I for a long time would only replace my Mustang batteries with Motorcraft's and the car would eat them like skittles. I put an Interstate in that car and its still there. On the newer Mustangs with all those electronics then AGM batteries are the best option

Car Batteries and Car Covers are the two things in the car guy world that just makes me laugh and say WTF dude? How many people buy $50k to $75k even $100k sports cars and then cry and whine because a good car cover costs $200.00 to $350.00 and I want to say dude really, you just bought a $90k Audi and you're crying because the car cover is $250.00. Now its car batteries and our Mustangs are costing $65k and higher and you think its a better idea to install a Auto Parts store or Wal Mart battery instead of an Optima, c'mon Man!

3 things never to skimp on, Brakes, Batteries, and Booze... lol

Some people need to remove the Ford only blinders... there is zero value or anything else to keeping the factory battery or replacing it with the same MotorCrap battery from Ford.

Best battery for every day use is Interstate and its not even close. If you have to have the 'factory' look no matter what you can buy fake tops to cover other batteries. If you want a great battery with weight savings then an Optima is perfect. I have heard good things about Odyssey Battery too.

I for a long time would only replace my Mustang batteries with Motorcraft's and the car would eat them like skittles. I put an Interstate in that car and its still there. On the newer Mustangs with all those electronics then AGM batteries are the best option

Car Batteries and Car Covers are the two things in the car guy world that just makes me laugh and say WTF dude? How many people buy $50k to $75k even $100k sports cars and then cry and whine because a good car cover costs $200.00 to $350.00 and I want to say dude really, you just bought a $90k Audi and you're crying because the car cover is $250.00. Now its car batteries and our Mustangs are costing $65k and higher and you think its a better idea to install a Auto Parts store or Wal Mart battery instead of an Optima, c'mon Man!

3 things never to skimp on, Brakes, Batteries, and Booze... lol

I agree with you the need for a good battery but I can tell you for a fact that either I`am dam lucky which I`am not I have had longer life with motorcraft batteries then any other 11 years in my truck , the next one was an interstate 5 years. My ` Shelby ` 07 will be 11 years in October , but like they say "to each his own". I have also had a few GM vehicles but never got close to 10 years life out of a battery.

Edited by shelby001

Replaced mine out of necessity as Walmart was the only store open at 9:30pm with car batteries when mine died and I'm glad I did. Theirs is lighter, looks oem (with the sticker removed), the same size, works fine, saved maybe $100 and got me on the road again that same night as my daily driver was out of service that day. Would do it again. Also heard from my mechanic that Interstate batteries are the best but didn't want a bright green battery under my hood, rather have all black like the original. Walmart pulls through! :happy feet:

Replaced mine out of necessity as Walmart was the only store open at 9:30pm with car batteries when mine died and I'm glad I did. Theirs is lighter, looks oem (with the sticker removed), the same size, works fine, saved maybe $100 and got me on the road again that same night as my daily driver was out of service that day. Would do it again. Also heard from my mechanic that Interstate batteries are the best but didn't want a bright green battery under my hood, rather have all black like the original. Walmart pulls through! :happy feet:

Great car story :clapping:

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, mwfoley said:

Does anyone know the current part number for the battery blanket for a BXT-40R?  The part number on the original blanket 7R3T-10A687-AA is no longer available.

2007 Shelby GT500

Thank you,

Mark

For more 2007 Shelby battery and battery info, battery part numbers, battery associated part numbers,  battery debate  as well as  battery hilarity check out this thread. 

Edited by mhr1961

3 hours ago, mwfoley said:

Does anyone know the current part number for the battery blanket for a BXT-40R?  The part number on the original blanket 7R3T-10A687-AA is no longer available.

2007 Shelby GT500

Thank you,

Check out the Tasca parts finder. 

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2007/ford/mustang/shelby-gt500-trim/5-4l-v8-gas-engine/electrical-cat/battery-scat/?part_number=ar3z10a687a

4 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Tasca was my go-to-first place for parts for my Ford GT.   Their prices with shipping were almost always less than the local dealer price. 

Thanks for the replies.  I have gone through all the various threads and numerous parts distributors including Tasca.  Seems Ford has discontinued production of this part and can’t provide a replacement p/n.

The most current p/n I have found as a replacement is 7R3Z-10A687-A.

4 minutes ago, mwfoley said:

Thanks for the replies.  I have gone through all the various threads and numerous parts distributors including Tasca.  Seems Ford has discontinued production of this part and can’t provide a replacement p/n.

The most current p/n I have found as a replacement is 7R3Z-10A687-A.

Did you check the link?  The current part number listed is AR3Z-10A687-A

Yes,  evidently there was/is a couple options for batteries.  The part number you listed is for a BXT-96R which is smaller than the 40R.  The AR3Z is available. After receiving it and realizing there is no way it would fit began this search...

9 hours ago, mwfoley said:

2007 Shelby GT500

Thank you,

Mark

you can try Amazon, they have 4 listed as new for sale. Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-AR3Z-10A687-A-COVER-ASY-BATTERY/dp/B0031AXVG6

I think I see the issue.  The AR3Z part number is a new generation cover to be mated to a new generation battery, the battery also having undergone a part number change.  The OP is looking for a 1st generation cover to go with a 1st generation battery.    The dimensions of both changed from gen 1 to gen 2.

I used the replacement Motorcraft  battery in my 2008, put a replacement heat blanket around it (keeping my pristine original stored away), and then stuck the Shelby cover over all of it....

051.jpg

The battery linked below seems to be an AGM alternative that fits our application according to some internet forum thread research....

https://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/96r-600

R

Edited by Robert M