TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 Mustang, crazy HP possible lying owner? Worth it or not?

Gingerman

I used to drag my 2007 S197... Rebuilt the motor 3 times in 3 years, had 5 transmissions through it, rebuilt the rear and suspension too many times to count. When I finally sold it, it left my house with a brand new 5.0 3v build and a new 5r55s Street fighter. Sold it for $6k in 2010...you're getting screwed buying that car. Just walk away.

I thought the mods were done by Roush??? This guy appears to be a compulsive liar, I would run.

Definitely

Changes a lot

Im going back down again probably on Friday and I am going to confront him about it.

I think he thought he could buy the car from Justin Brockmeyer, who im trying to contact, and sell it for more if he made up stories to go with the signatures.|

The car has only had 18k miles put on it in in 7 years since the post is 2010 with 27k odo.

Looks like all Dave has done to it is change at least the rear bumper and exhaust tips, get it painted with vinyl and stickers, and that's about it

And im betting Justin did that before he sold it, well maybe everything but the paint. Hopefully I can contact Justin.

Ill confront Dave, and have the car gone through even more carefully.

I am not paying more than 7k tops for it.

I used to drag my 2007 S197... Rebuilt the motor 3 times in 3 years, had 5 transmissions through it, rebuilt the rear and suspension too many times to count. When I finally sold it, it left my house with a brand new 5.0 3v build and a new 5r55s Street fighter. Sold it for $6k in 2010...you're getting screwed buying that car. Just walk away.

Hearing that, screw it, if I cant get it for 4k im out

and i doubt that

Significant difference in the hp claim and what's in the article. I can't believe you're continuing to even waste any time talking with the seller. At this point you have no idea what you might be buying.

At this point im not buying it really. Unless its like 4k, but that I doubt would happen.

Just mainly going to put him in his place and teach him a lesson about lying.

Hearing that, screw it, if I cant get it for 4k im out

and i doubt that

Finally you're starting to see the reality of this situation. Even 4K is too much. You'll have to put another 2K into it in your first year because after you get it home you'll discover the differential is full of sawdust. Just walk away and find a street driven car to drive on the street. Don't even go back.

Edited by twobjshelbys

HUGE DISCOVERY-
While researching the car even more thoroughly I found he isn't the original owner and it brings everything into to question.
THIS IS THE SAME CAR IN THIS POST
Owned by Justin Brockmeyer
If anyone has any info on the car or original owner or any other input let me know!

So the car has the stock rods/pistons in the car and he's claiming 1100HP. What a scammer. I wonder who's dyno sheet that really is. This is like border line fraud.

Edited by TheKurgan

So the car has the stock rods/pistons in the car and he's claiming 1100HP. What a scammer. I wonder who's dyno sheet that really is. This is like border line fraud.

Basically scamming, and yeah it is.

I think basically what's happened here is the new guy bought the mustang from the previous owner in 2014 when it had close to 40k odo for I'm not sure how much.

He has barely driven it, I know it has been sitting for quite awhile and most the time he has had it.

He made up stories to go with the signatures and makes the car out to be a car it isn't and takes it to car shows to feed his massive ego.

Now after a few years, he is "retiring" it because he is too old and stopped racing it in 2014 (the year he bought it, he never raced it, just has a big ego).

And now he is trying to sell it and recoup maybe all the money he has into it since he bought it from the first owner.

Nothing except the painted accents have been done by the new owner, and according to records and what I could find on the car and it's original owner Justin, he has only put about 3k miles on it in 3 years.

Also he claims the AC is disconnected due since if it was connected the compressor would blow from engine rpm. Now I am almost certain the AC comp is out and he doesn't want to fix it.

Any input on that? Never heard of a AC comp needing to be disconnected due to racing or not being able to handle high rpm.

(well at least off, he says he disconnected it so he cant forget and blow it)

Basically scamming, and yeah it is.

Also he claims the AC is disconnected due since if it was connected the compressor would blow from engine rpm. Now I am almost certain the AC comp is out and he doesn't want to fix it.

Any input on that? Never heard of a AC comp needing to be disconnected due to racing or not being able to handle high rpm.

Ha..ha...., that's a good one. No, there is no way the 4.6 can turn enough RPM to cause an issue with the AC pump. When are you going to run???? Should now be pretty clear.

Ha..ha...., that's a good one. No, there is no way the 4.6 can turn enough RPM to cause an issue with the AC pump. When are you going to run???? Should now be pretty clear.

Yeah, didn't think so

Not buying, ran after I tracked this down.

He is just a few minute drive from me so I am just going to go talk to him again and teach him about lying.

Too bad he let this car go to waste by lying about it, letting it sit, and whatever else

Because the specs would be decent otherwise, although not 20k worth.

Car has about $39k into the confirmed mods from the previous owner who knew what he was doing and went to a reputable shop (Racers Edge Tuning). Just new parts cost alone not labor, tuning, etc.

Same input as before: Just forget about it. Hit the reset button and move on and find something that is in better condition with no stories.

Same input as before: Just forget about it. Hit the reset button and move on and find something that is in better condition with no stories.

Well i would prefer to know if that is even a thing for future reference

always good to know things like that