TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Start planning to buy a GT350

slamarre

Hi all,

I have not written on this web site for years but better now than never.

I currently own a 2007 Shelby GT and i am contemplating upgrading to a GT350. You know, i gotta have that VooDoo engine :-)

I heard and read that the GT350 is selling over MSRP. Is it still the case?

I live in north east Florida and i have not seen any GT350 at any dealership.

Does it need to be ordered? If yes, how does this work? Is there quotas?

Is there anyone of you that can share their experience buying this car and any tips and tricks to make this more enjoyable?

Thank you.

Well all the answers too your questions are out there. Did you try to use the search function or read the topics in the gt350 forum?

Yes almost all cars are still priced over sticker.

But that doesn't matter since dealers cannot currently sell them due to a freeze on sales due to a recall.

Private sales not restricted (provided you are OK with the open recall) but most dealers won't take a used one due to the new car lock down.

The fix is supposed to be available "any day now". After the moratorium is lifted gt350r are still expected to sell over msrp. Track pack regular cars probably will too but tech pack cars due to the overheating issues on track could be a deal but you want to do aftermarket coolers if you intend to track.

Good luck

The cars are all over the web now. Not sure about any "stop sales" like Tony speaks of.

I bought my car from a forum member at MSRP (brand new)....Track Pack. They're out there. Do some homework. And yes, you may have to go out of your state, but you can find a '16 Track OR Tech car for MSRP. Not sure about the '17's. They are a different animal. All supposedly come Track Pack equipped now.

As for the oil hose recall, this whole situation sucks. There are still NO parts or a fix for it. My local stealer is telling me end of March now. :drop:

If you find and or buy a car, proceed with caution, because if the oil hose bursts, the oil will exit the motor fast, and you will not only have a mess on your hands, but could starve the motor of oil and who knows what after that?!?!

I used Autotrader this morning and found a bunch on 2017s with sticker asking price within 500 miles of me.

The dealers I call did not say anything about a "stop sell order"

Be careful of what some on the internet post as factual information. Over sticker is for suckers. Tell any retailer to shove his GT350 at sticker. ZL1s are being offered at 4-5 grand off MSRP and they will run the table on a GT350.

Edited by orange2

Be careful of what some on the internet post as factual information. Over sticker is for suckers. Tell any retailer to shove his GT350 at sticker. ZL1s are being offered at 4-5 grand off MSRP and they will run the table on a GT350.

Are you kidding, who cares about Camaros, did you notice the name of this website?

You couldn't give me a camaro for free!

I used Autotrader this morning and found a bunch on 2017s with sticker asking price within 500 miles of me.

The dealers I call did not say anything about a "stop sell order"

Here is the first article that showed up on the search

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/10/27/Ford-Issues-Massive-Recall-And-Stops-Selling-The-GT350-For-Fire-Risk-7736145/

This one has additional info

http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/recall-stop-sale-order-hit-certain-ford-mustang-gt350-and-gt350rs

Stop sell is for vehicles affected by the recall. I had not seen that this had been rescinded and the parts are not available. Some dealers have returned their stock to Ford. The reason is that in many states you can't sell a vehicle with an open recall (the logic being take it in and get it fixed before selling), but with the parts not available you can't do that. It could be that they have a fix phased in, but yet they are not supplying parts under the recall. The volume of the 350 isn't that high so if they are building new cars without fixing existing ones that's not fair!

Edited by twobjshelbys

Are you kidding, who cares about Camaros, did you notice the name of this website?

You couldn't give me a camaro for free!

lol! Hope I didn't ruin your day Dude. The ZL1 isn't on my bucket list either but I would certainly take a free one as it is a very formidable performance offering. There is more to the performance world than what Ford offers. Come out of your Blue Oval cave. Lots of alternatives out there for comparison.

While alternatives may exist, this isn't the place. As said above, you do know what site this is?

Alternatives "may exist"? I assure you that they do. Hard to believe that any adult automotive enthusiast would not be certain of something so abundantly obvious. Do you understand or are you able to comprehend the fact direct head to head competition in this Pony Car arena has given us these fantastic choices. Your current choice would be a warmed over version of the now archaic 2007 GT500 had GM not continuously matched or exceeded the Ford ante. This is a really good thing, take off the Blue Oval blinders.

Orange2 I'm with you, the competition only makes all of the brands better!!!!

EXACTLY and Thank You. Do you think we would be seeing nearly 700 HP and beyond if there were not the big 3 involved in another performance car fest. This is great as are the comparisons that obviously arise. In reality, this time around they are all great cars. Ford, GM, and Mopar have stepped up and are giving us another wild ride of performance that no one 30 years ago would have ever predicted or imagined. These are the best of times for guys like us. I hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am.

By the way I'm a P-Car guy too!!! Sold my 911 to pay for a backyard makeover, kept the Shelby instead. Some days I wish I went the other way, but it's only because I love both cars so much, but for totally different reasons.

Yeah looking for a low mile, '16, 911 S. Damn things got stupid expensive didn't they.

Yes ....be careful!! ...there is a reason while ZL1s are below MSRP!! just saying.

:whistling:

Yes ....be careful!! ...there is a reason while ZL1s are below MSRP!! just saying.

:whistling:

Indeed. 65-70 grand sticker for any Pony Car is ridiculous. Very few willing and able buyers at those levels. Z06s are seeing enormous discounts from stickers also. Crazy retail prices.

Trade in for a 14 GT 500. SVT pack / track pack/ recaros and electronics package. 2900 mile $45K.

One owner...... Great Choice "Mach 1 1970" enjoy the panty dropping TORQUE and UNRELENTING horsepower of this BEAST Of A Car. :-).

Interesting but certainly nothing to bank on. I doubt if the algorithms used factor in the effect of a 750HP block buster, world beater GT500 that is obviously poised to take center stage. That will not be good at all for GT350 values. The attention will rapidly and profoundly shift from the once was 350 to the all new, Mustang of all time GT500. The recently announced track oriented ZL1 1LE will lay a real beat down on the 350/350R. This will not do any favors for equity values of any of these 350s going forward.

Edited by orange2

Yup that is hilarious, the 2014 C7 Corvette was the same the first year or 2 it came out, now you can buy them New for $10K under MSRP.

:doh:

There's no comparison between GM product's values that consistently drop quickly even when new, including Vettes, vs a Shelby's resale value, regardless of internet opinions on its lack of streetable torque. It's a shame that most buyers will never appreciate the GT350's track prowess which what it was designed for. It also brought ADM's which GM vehicles can be purchased well under MSRP.