TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Auto insurance

FiaCobra

Time for a new policy. I have insurance through AIG (Barret Jackson) and I'm paying around $1100 a year for $80k coverage for my 2009KR. That's too high for me. What insurance company are you guys using and what's the coverage/premiums ?

post-11668-0-54488900-1487271845_thumb.jpg

Time for a new policy. I have insurance through AIG (Barret Jackson) and I'm paying around $1100 a year for $80k coverage for my 2009KR. That's too high for me. What insurance company are you guys using and what's the coverage/premiums ?

That's not a bad price. I'm just going through the process on my daily drivers after a 40% premium increase from Farmers, and I'm paying more than that on just a 2004 Dodge Truck. Vegas has some of the highest auto rates in the country.

PS. I had Barrett Jackson before they rebranded the AIG policy. When I had the Cobra everything was cheap. After that I got a rate of $1/$1000 coverage so it looks like your rate is higher than that. Maybe they had an increase or it could be your location too. They basically went to a business model that favored the owners of older collector cars and made the rates on the modern high performance cars higher than some other competitors. I had the GT with them until we moved to Vegas where we lost the other coverages offered by the same broker because . I went with another company that handles many Ford GTs.

Edited by twobjshelbys

You're paying WAAAAYYYY too much!

I use American National "Chrome Package", have the '68KR and the '08KR on with them.

$700 for the entire year, BOTH cars!

My 68 @ 165k, and the 08 @ 65k as agreed values...meaning a FULL check for replacement

Edited by Cali_KR

You can't compare amounts paid, it depends far more on where you live, how old you are, if you have children licensed, and what your driving record is then what insurance company you have.

That said I always forget to drop full coverage over the winter, forgot again this year. I've heard great things about USAA, I might give them a shot one of these days.