TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 Clutches

dankeneipp

I have a 2008 GT 500, 21Kmiles on it. Very little city driving.

The clutch is slipping in 3-6 gears, when I provide rapid acceleration on the gas. It can be visually seen on the tac and then also you can feel the engine rev, car start to accelerate, engine rev, and accelerate again.

Has others had the same problem? I am looking at a clutch replacement, along with pilot bearing, slave cylinder, and potentially flywheel. If you had the issue, did you utilize OEM equipment? Or 3rd party such as Summit Racing?

Thanks

Strider

I have a 2008 GT 500, 21Kmiles on it. Very little city driving.

The clutch is slipping in 3-6 gears, when I provide rapid acceleration on the gas. It can be visually seen on the tac and then also you can feel the engine rev, car start to accelerate, engine rev, and accelerate again.

Has others had the same problem? I am looking at a clutch replacement, along with pilot bearing, slave cylinder, and potentially flywheel. If you had the issue, did you utilize OEM equipment? Or 3rd party such as Summit Racing?

Thanks

Strider

When mine went out, same symptoms.

Went with McCleod RXT, replaced everything. Have about 40K on clutch and its doing well.

• 2 months later...