TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT 500 Clutchs

dankeneipp

I have 21,000 miles on my GT 500 and the transmission/clutch is slipping when I place more than light pressure on the gas. The RPM increases rapidly and then the car will begin acceleration. It is much worse when the vehicle is warmed up and at times, it feels like the car will not make it up a incline road.

Has anyone else had these problems with the clutch's. I will be replacing pressure plate, clutch, slave cylinder/throwout bearing, pilot bearing and potentially the flywheel when the transmission is removed. Has anyone gone back to the OEM or used Summit Racing parts?

Thanks
Dan

I have 21,000 miles on my GT 500 and the transmission/clutch is slipping when I place more than light pressure on the gas. The RPM increases rapidly and then the car will begin acceleration. It is much worse when the vehicle is warmed up and at times, it feels like the car will not make it up a incline road.

Has anyone else had these problems with the clutch's. I will be replacing pressure plate, clutch, slave cylinder/throwout bearing, pilot bearing and potentially the flywheel when the transmission is removed. Has anyone gone back to the OEM or used Summit Racing parts?

Thanks

Dan

Moderator: please move to correct GT500 sub-section.

Ford OE is now on its 4th or 5th version, and I put v4 in my 08 KR, and absolutely love it.

Peddle pressure is half of what it was.

Mine went with same thing at about 22k miles. Pretty sad as it had not been abused. There's plenty of others crying the same blues.

I went with the McLeod RXT after reading any nice reviews and it's butter smooth and she grips like a Tiger. Love it so far; only 500 miles or so on it.

OEM 4th revision has the most positive remarks here so far. My original clutch lasted about 35k miles and had Tasca Ford install the 4th revision setup; new clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and lines. Smooth and held strong. Used it drag racing, track days, traffic, etc. without issue.

Edit: About 8k miles without issue before I sold the car.

See topics about it here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/151-clutch-transmission/

Edited by Secondo

• 1 month later...

@ grysbtch ...

Off topic, but you cannot receive any PMs, and I would like to find out the info on your wheels. What and where?

If you would sir, please pm me the particulars.

TIA,

Dennis

• 2 months later...