TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Racing Insurance

MarcSpaz

Has anyone purchased insurance for their GT350 to run road course events?

I want to go to the track 5 or 6 times, starting in the Spring. I plan on going to Summit Point for some open track days. I was going to get a quote, but the insurance company that the track recommends wants a lot of PII before they give me a quote.

I have never purchased race insurance. I'm hoping someone here has purchased it before so I can get a loose idea per event... $1,000, $5,000, $10,000, etc., for planning purposes.

Thanks in advance.
Spaz

Has anyone purchased insurance for their GT350 to run road course events?

I want to go to the track 5 or 6 times, starting in the Spring. I plan on going to Summit Point for some open track days. I was going to get a quote, but the insurance company that the track recommends wants a lot of PII before they give me a quote.

I have never purchased race insurance. I'm hoping someone here has purchased it before so I can get a loose idea per event... $1,000, $5,000, $10,000, etc., for planning purposes.

Thanks in advance.

Spaz

I always use Lockton Motorsports

Cost is dependent on value of car that YOU place on it, and what you want your deductible to be.

They have a drop down menu, plug in your parameters, and away you go.

With my Boss 302, I'd place a 35k value, and the rate was about $280 per event

Edited by Cali_KR