TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baer Extreme Rear Brake Fit

I have been sitting on a set a rear Baer Extremes for my SGT for a couple years now and I would like to get them installed this spring. My concern is fitting them with the rear wheels. I currently have a set of 18" KR style wheels and from what I read they will fit but may require a little work on the caliper bolts. However, I'm looking to change over to some lighter wheels, either the SVE Drift or Apex EC-7, both of which are 18". I've spoken with LMR about the Drift and they tell me it's unlikely they will fit but could not confirm. I have not yet spoken with Apex.

My question is; does anyone know of a light weight 18" wheel that will fit the rear Extremes?

18s are going to be tough. I run staggered 18's and my wider GT4s would not even fit over the 14" EradiSpeed rotors that Baer has. The front GT4s fit over my Baer Extremes on the front - and I'm pretty sure if I had the skinnier GT4s on the back it would probably make it over the Extremes. It's kind of hard to find GT4s anymore though.

Edited by dh777

I have the Apex EC-7's 18x9.5" for track and 20" Razors for street with Shelby Willwood brakes up front. I have more clearance with 18" Apex vs the 20' Razors. They are a different offset though. The folks at Apex are very good and I would give them a call. What a difference light weight wheels make!

Apex Wheels 5.jpg

Yes, the fronts don't concern me, but the rear does. I love the EC-7, and I'm on the group buy list for a set of 18x10, but I need to make sure the wheel fits before paying as the there are no returns for the group buy. I've sent them an email with the specs on the brakes.

I did just order a single SVE Drift in 18x10 to test. If it doesn't I can return it within 30days without issue.

Oh - I forgot. I have 2010 SVT wheels that are 18X9.5 that I use for my track tires and they fit over rear Extremes. I don't have a rear picture, but here is a front. I'm not sure if this is what you are really looking for, but I thought I would throw it out there. post-17244-0-52543100-1486914211_thumb.jpg

I have both the GT500 SVT wheels and the KR wheels, both 9.5 inches wide, and they fit over the biggest AP Racing brakes, front and rear, that fit our cars and, as I recall, the AP brakes are slightly more massive than the Extremes. Hope this helps as well.

Jim

Thank you DeWayne, Jim.

I moved from Fort Worth to Southern Maryland a couple years ago and I'm now just a days drive away from VIR so I want to get back on the the track, it's been several years. My SGT has spent way too much tim in the garage. Additionally I have been collecting a pile of parts that I need to get out of the basement and on to the car, like the rear Baers that I picked up on a screaming deal. I had initially wanted to keep the KR style wheels as I love the appearance but they are just too heavy in my opinion. So, I'm looking for a light weight 18" wheel that will fit the brakes and do double (although limited) duty on the street without going full on custom.

The SVE Drift is a bargain in an 18x10 +43 that's 24lbs at $149 each.

The Apex Racing EC-7 are the same size, style as the Drift but come in at 22lbs and twice the price. Which is the upper limit of the budget I've set for myself.

I want an 18x10 square to fit a 285/35 in future. Until then I'll be able to use my current 275/40.

Edited by EL SHELBY

Thank you DeWayne, Jim.

I moved from Fort Worth to Southern Maryland a couple years ago and I'm now just a days drive away from VIR so I want to get back on the the track, it's been several years. My SGT has spent way too much tim in the garage. Additionally I have been collecting a pile of parts that I need to get out of the basement and on to the car, like the rear Baers that I picked up on a screaming deal. I had initially wanted to keep the KR style wheels as I love the appearance but they are just too heavy in my opinion. So, I'm looking for a light weight 18" wheel that will fit the brakes and do double (although limited) duty on the street without going full on custom.

The SVE Drift is a bargain in an 18x10 +43 that's 24lbs at $149 each.

The Apex Racing EC-7 are the same size, style as the Drift but come in at 22lbs and twice the price. Which is the upper limit of the budget I've set for myself.

I want an 18x10 square to fit a 285/35 in future. Until then I'll be able to use my current 275/40.

Running the SVE Drifts 18x10's all the way around and love them. Brembo's up front 295x35 Nitto NT05's on all 4's.

Agreed. Surprisingly my Wife actually preferred the matte black, which I think would look great if the SGT was nude or the stripes were white. I also want to Baers to stand out from behind the wheel, and I think the show better with the Forgestar.

I've already ordered three more wheels. And, at 20lbs they are damn light. In fact I was surprised at, even when comparing to the Drift which is 24lbs, how much lighter the Firgestars feel.

Think this made up my mind. Loads of room around the caliper.

Make sure who ever balance your wheels that he rotates them to make sure the weights that they added to inside rim don`t hit. My buddies SS has to nicks on his Xtreme housings as they didn`t rotate them by hand to see if they had clearance

It looks like SVE Drift will fit. Just wish they were not matte black. May need to find a local powder coating.

I was lucky enough to get the Dark Chrome for my Black SGT and they look amazing!

sve2.JPG

Edited by slbgtsc