TEAM SHELBY FORUM

a long time coming

so to make a long story short....

in 2009 my son totaled my 2007 Whipple Supercharged Black SGT

well today i finally achieved superchargedome again and am so grateful to have accomplished this

picked it up at Fastlane Motorsports and had a 300 mile test drive home

i-ZSNc4rn-L.jpg

i-dLtR8z8-L.jpg

i-WDhRwpT-L.jpg

i-98LB2Nn-L.jpg

Congrats, I remember it well, when you get more seat time I would love to hear your thoughts betweeen the Paxton and Whipple. I've debated selling to get something newer, but I just can't do it. I know what the market will pay and to me it is worth so much more.

Might have to add a garage in the next year or 2, then I can just add card instead of replacing cars.

Edited by carnut12

Congrats buddy! I remember that wreck VERY clearly for some reason lol..... mine is long gone... but i miss the whine!

thanks, yeah you and the black SGT shared some dna

Congratulations. I too remember the story of the accident. I'm everything worked out.

thanks, me too

Congrats. Love the Paxton. Is that non intercooled ? I'm curious how the blower is not touching the FRPP TB because mine does.

it is air to air intercooled and not sure why the TB is not touching, but had to ditch the FRPP intake manifold

Congrats!

thanks

Congrats, I remember it well, when you get more seat time I would love to hear your thoughts betweeen the Paxton and Whipple. I've debated selling to get something newer, but I just can't do it. I know what the market will pay and to me it is worth so much more.

Might have to add a garage in the next year or 2, then I can just add card instead of replacing cars.

so far like it better for around town driving, and it still got to 105 very quickly

Awesome news ... glad you are back in action.

thanks

Congrats Andrew. That was a nasty wreck. I'm glad you were able to get boosted again!

thanks and we are blessed on one was hurt in that wreck

• 4 weeks later...

Never saw photos of the old black one but the centrifugal setup is nice!! How do you like it compared to the twin screw setup on the old SGT?

I like the Paxton with 3.73's better then the Whipple with 4.10's but i am about 10 years older

Front%20Agent%2047-L.jpg

3Q6J8606-L.jpg

IMG00021-20100411-1120-L.jpg

IMG00026-20100411-1910-L.jpg

IMG00063-20100520-1322-L.jpg

Andrew, Glad to see you are back in the saddle again! Awesome car! Nick

Thanks

Yee haaaaaa! Congrats Andrew!

Sam

Thanks !!

Edited by andrewnagle1964

My belt tensioner i got from that car is still going strong. I've got the 410's on my whipple and i am 10 years older and just respect the car a little more now because it can get away from you. The 410's are a lot of fun though.

That is great !!! lots of parts out there from the Black Shelby, kind of like an organ donor

it is why I painted the white one's stripes black....Agent 47 mirrors, SHR quarter panel inserts, fuel door

Edited by andrewnagle1964

• 6 months later...

So had minor engine failure this past may at Wanna Go Fast burning oil and bent 2 exhaust valves.

Just got it back from Fastlane Motorsports with a completely rebuild engine bored .002 over

Drove great home and can’t wait to get to another 1/2 mile run and see if we can get to 150mph