TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Conga line from NorCal (or other points north) to LA for pre-Bash

Cali_KR

Guys and gals, those that have played along before know the drill.

For Newbies....follow along

Wednesday, Mar. 8

We need to roll a tad earlier this year

South Bay drivers meet up at Casa de Fruita for breakfast at 6:15am. (10011 Pacheco Pass Highway 152, Hollister, CA)

Depart CdF @ 7:15am to Pea Soup Andersons in Gustine/Santa Nella (12411 CA-Hwy 33, Gustine)

Rendezvous with those coming down from points north.

(be fully fueled and bladder relieved)

Depart Santa Nella @ 8:00

Arrive at Chevron (5926 Dennis McCarthy Dr. Lebec CA, Laval Rd exit off I-5) 10:30am (190mi)

Refuel, there is a In-n-out as well as a Subway on property if you want a quick snack, but wheels up in 45 minutes

Depart Chevron @ 11:15am to Carroll Shelby Enterprises, 19021 South Figueroa St. Gardena (97 miles) 1.5 hrs +/- (LA traffic....your guess is as good as mine)

Register for BASH, start BS'ing with your friends

Spend money in the Carroll Shelby Store, lots of great merch there.

After you've registered, made your purchases at the store, and visited with your friends, you can depart to hotel. There will not be a group cruise to the hotel (Beverly Hilton for the evening festivities). Leave yourself enough time to get ready as the "Shelby Under the Stars"event will begin at 6:30pm

Link to Beverly Hilton with special Team Shelby rate, here...

https://aws.passkey.com/event/49064065/owner/3113971/landing?gtid=16c280b9499409992c30a37105320410

9876 Wilshire Blvd, LA CA (23 miles from Shelby Gardena, its afternoon in LA, the 405 can get backed up, allow up to an hour)

Hotel check-in after 3:00pm

For the evening event, "Shelby Under The Stars", find the link below. This will be a fantastic add-on event, and should not be missed. I addition to having a great time with some awesome, soon to be released content, you can feel good about attending as the proceeds will benefit the 'Carroll Shelby Foundation' and everyone will receive a $50.00 donation receipt for their participation. Jenni and Tracey have worked really hard to pull this together, so lets be sure to support them, and their tireless work for the foundation.

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Z26-STARS-TIX

Chime in here for a head count for the cruise to Los Angeles

Edited by Cali_KR

Cali,

Can you either post or PM addresses to meet up spots

I am shipping my GT350 to LA and driving north a few days early for sightseeing and visiting friends and hope to convoy down with the Nor Cal gang. But being from Florida, not sure of your meet up spots to plan the trip.

Thanks

Cali,

Can you either post or PM addresses to meet up spots

I am shipping my GT350 to LA and driving north a few days early for sightseeing and visiting friends and hope to convoy down with the Nor Cal gang. But being from Florida, not sure of your meet up spots to plan the trip.

Thanks

Jim,

The addresses were already in the first post

Tom

Edited by Cali_KR

CSD - 10011 Pacheco Pass Highway 152, Hollister, CA 95023

PSA - 12411 CA-33, Gustine, CA 95322

InO - 5926 Dennis McCarthy Dr, Lebec, CA 93243

CSE - 19021 South Figueroa St, Gardena, CA 90248

BH - 9876 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90210

Thanx Austin....looking forward to seeing you again my friend!

What are the protocols inherent in a Team Shelby C-O-N-G-A ?

Frank

i came up with the nickname. Leading the pack and passing traffic on the left and right(lots of left lane bandits on I 5), the rear view mirror shot of 20-25 Shelbys looks just like a conga line

Come on Frank....You have seen the commercials...1,2, 3 Kick left :banvictory:....1, 2, 3 Kick Right :banvictory:

I saw the real thing, in person, way back there in history.

Frank

i came up with the nickname. Leading the pack and passing traffic on the left and right(lots of left lane bandits on I 5), the rear view mirror shot of 20-25 Shelbys looks just like a conga line

Now it's making sense.

I haven't had much success in highway congas: some members go too slow or too fast, take chances, fail to respect non-member traffic, and seem to do all that to climb up the on-road order. Perhaps I need more practice with a more mature, thoughtful crowd.

I haven't had much success in highway congas: some members go too slow or too fast, take chances, fail to respect non-member traffic, and seem to do all that to climb up the on-road order. Perhaps I need more practice with a more mature, thoughtful crowd.

Frank,

It helps when the highway is only 1 lane in either direction and full of curves and elevation changes. Here's 10 or 11 of 80 or so Team Shelby members heading up the west shore of Lake Tahoe...

IMG_3156_zps537e16bf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know most will be leaving Wednesday with the PCR Conga for the Shelby Under the Stars event. However, FYI:

A few of us will be leaving Thursday morning from the Monterey area around 5:00 am and heading down 101 South to 46 East in Paso Robles, then south on 99 to 58 then onto 15 into Vegas. If there are any lone ducklings leaving Thursday that would like to try to connect along the route let me know. It's a mini-conga!

• 2 weeks later...

Mini conga to follow, two days and a wake up. Better late than never. Wait Bash officially starts Thursday so I guess we are not too late, just fashionably late as we missed the Shelby Under the Stars. Four maybe five cars will meet in Lost Hills Thursday morning (46east/HWY 5 junction) at 8am if there are any stranglers that want to connect. We will continue east on 46 to 99 then 58 to the 15. Most likely will stop in Barstow at the In & Out Burger for old time sake then into Vegas. See you soon!

Edited by H0050