TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Make sure its worth giving up your shelby

dlfort

I bought my first 09 shelby and went to the 2012 bash and did the snakes at the lake run was awsome.they were such great times loved to meet all shelby owners.make a long story short.I sold my dream car to help someone out so they wouldn't lose there house one of the worst decision I ever made.I gave her $10,000 she made 1 lousy house payment paid other bills have not received 1 penny in 4 years wow you never no.so don't give up your shelby unless you are 100% you are doing the right thing.sry had to vent because going to miss a nether bash sure miss all the fun I had with that car.

I hear you. I sold my 2012 Boss 302 after going to both events you mentioned. I bought a crappy little house in San Jose and sold it a year later, making 100k. Parlayed that into a MUCH better house on 2 acres with a half hour commute to Silicon Valley. I miss my Boss a lot, but I'll be back in the saddle of a Shelby someday soon!

The most I'll give ANYBODY is 100 bucks. I give out 20's from time to time if someone looks down on their luck though.

Problems are opportunities for improvement. ( And usually the bigger the problem the bigger the opportunity ). For example I can see this is an opportunity for you to learn a very important lesson and an opportunity for you to get another better Shelby next time.

If it isn't a signed loan in writing, it is a gift! At least that is what I learned the hard way as well. The signed loans now are usually repaid eventually. Sometimes with a bit of guilt thrown at the person that needs some nagging. I do better at helping fiends in need than relatives who always have a sense of entitlement because we are relates.

I bought my first 09 shelby and went to the 2012 bash and did the snakes at the lake run was awsome.they were such great times loved to meet all shelby owners.make a long story short.I sold my dream car to help someone out so they wouldn't lose there house one of the worst decision I ever made.I gave her $10,000 she made 1 lousy house payment paid other bills have not received 1 penny in 4 years wow you never no.so don't give up your shelby unless you are 100% you are doing the right thing.sry had to vent because going to miss a nether bash sure miss all the fun I had with that car.

Sorry to hear that bud..all the best and hope you have your dream car back soon along with your 10k...can't understand some people.

Hello, now you live in my world... anyone who meets me at the Bash will understand my situation, but dude unless its a life saving emergency you just can't loan or give money to family. Once that bank opens they'll never remember you helped the 1st time or 2nd or 5th

If the car makes you happy say like mine do over my family, just say NO

I've heard people say "don't let friends borrow money unless you don't mind never getting it back".

Sorry Dude it's a tough lesson to learn. Been there, Done that, got the T-Shirt.

An old coworker gave me some advice years ago that I have used for MANY years.

His philosophy in life was, " I will loan you the money you need, if you pay me back, I will loan it to you again. If you do not pay me back, DON'T EVER ask for a loan again". Now I dont know how much of a limit he had, but I was in dire need of $100 at the moment. I paid him back a week later.

He was a great friend and coworker.....

I hear you. I sold my 2012 Boss 302 after going to both events you mentioned. I bought a crappy little house in San Jose and sold it a year later, making 100k. Parlayed that into a MUCH better house on 2 acres with a half hour commute to Silicon Valley. I miss my Boss a lot, but I'll be back in the saddle of a Shelby someday soon!

The most I'll give ANYBODY is 100 bucks. I give out 20's from time to time if someone looks down on their luck though.

:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear it, typically someone in that situation isn't getting out of it with $10K. Expensive lesson, I hope you get another one soon.

I agree with others, I don't loan money to someone with financial issues. That said I have given too folks down on their luck, most of the time they didn't ask for it though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

One word (acronym) for you Buddy..... MGTOW.