TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake duct/fog light bezels

Crxsaint

I have a list of those who expressed interest, in the time-order of notice.

PMd the OP with a noon-tomorrow deadline to commit. If not, next on the list gets the nod.

Package is packed and return-addressed; needs only an addressee.

Andrew,

did you try contacting Shelby directly to see if you could make the kit you just purchased work? If I recall there were some slight modifications you could do to make this kit work with a supercharged SGT. There are probably some threads on here about it if you do a search for "brake ducts". I think Kieth Chriswell used ot be the person to contact with questions about the brake ducts. Not sure if he is still in the SPP dept or elsewhere but it may be worth a shot to call SAI and ask for him and see if he can help you out.

As an alternate, Agent 47 used to make a brake duct cooling kit that some SGT owners used. I don't think it had driving lights in it though.

Good Luck,

MHR

Andrew,

did you try contacting Shelby directly to see if you could make the kit you just purchased work? If I recall there were some slight modifications you could do to make this kit work with a supercharged SGT. There are probably some threads on here about it if you do a search for "brake ducts". I think Kieth Chriswell used ot be the person to contact with questions about the brake ducts. Not sure if he is still in the SPP dept or elsewhere but it may be worth a shot to call SAI and ask for him and see if he can help you out.

As an alternate, Agent 47 used to make a brake duct cooling kit that some SGT owners used. I don't think it had driving lights in it though.

Good Luck,

MHR

thanks for thinking of me... nothing is getting behind those bezels might be hard to see in the photo cause it is dark but i cant even get my hand in there to get the bolts off, got to pull the bumper

Welp......... you can always install them with a little mesh in them and run them as "faux" quad ducting.............. and then claim your car is now a 1 of 1..........

If it was mine, I would just put the stock plastic inserts back in and call it a day.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get the front brake ducts installed on my Edelbrock E-Force supercharged SGT by mounting the heat exchanger closer to the radiator. This involved a few minor modifications, and the brake duct hoses were still a tight fit.

Modification 1: Removed the factory power steering "cooler" and installed a better after-market version higher up on the radiator. (That silly looking factory loop of tubing probably did less than nothing to cool the power steering fluid!)

Modification 2: Utilize the space created by removing the factory power steering cooler to mount the heat exchanger as close as possible to thee radiator. I accomplished this by using longer bolts and spacers at the heat exchanger mounting points. This modification also allowed more room for the incoming and outgoing coolant hoses.

Modification 3: Trim the brake duct hose connection on the back of the bezel to allow more space to bend the brake duct around the heat exchanger and associated tubing.

It worked, but is still a tight fit!

Now, with the newer LED driving lights out there, a better option might be to engineer these to fit in the bezel where the brake duct would normally go, then use the outer holes for the brake ducts, thereby avoiding the heat exchanger all together!

Sam

I managed to get the front brake ducts installed on my Edelbrock E-Force supercharged SGT by mounting the heat exchanger closer to the radiator. This involved a few minor modifications, and the brake duct hoses were still a tight fit.

Modification 1: Removed the factory power steering "cooler" and installed a better after-market version higher up on the radiator. (That silly looking factory loop of tubing probably did less than nothing to cool the power steering fluid!)

Modification 2: Utilize the space created by removing the factory power steering cooler to mount the heat exchanger as close as possible to thee radiator. I accomplished this by using longer bolts and spacers at the heat exchanger mounting points. This modification also allowed more room for the incoming and outgoing coolant hoses.

Modification 3: Trim the brake duct hose connection on the back of the bezel to allow more space to bend the brake duct around the heat exchanger and associated tubing.

It worked, but is still a tight fit!

Now, with the newer LED driving lights out there, a better option might be to engineer these to fit in the bezel where the brake duct would normally go, then use the outer holes for the brake ducts, thereby avoiding the heat exchanger all together!

Sam

Sam

Thanks for sharing

Andrew

I'm still amazed, with so many 2005-2009 cars out there that no one has introduced a similar set-up. The Agent49 break ducts look ridiculous and non-OEM where as the Shelby set looked really good! After putting them on my car the only change would be heavier duty plastic, LED lights, and a switch from plastic to wire screens on the break ducts. I can't believe someone can't make money selling these. :-(