TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Checklist for when your new Shelby arrives at the dealer

1FAFP90

I forget who originally wrote this list, but it might be important for those of you who will be picking up your new Shelby.

THE MAIN THING TO TELL THEM IS DO NOT TOUCH OR DO A THING TO THE CAR AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN OFF THE TRANSPORTER UNTIL YOU GET THERE.

1 - ask that all tags, decals & round dot stickers remain in ALL windows

2 - ask that all plastic on door sills plates, seats, carpet, steering wheel, airbag, sun visors stay on

3 - ask that NO Dealership decals be applied to the car of where it was sold from (ask for a plate frame with their name on it).

4 - ask for the antenna cover & plug that protects the threads during shipment.

5 - ask that no bags for the locking lug nuts & License plate be opened

6 - ask that the floor mats in the trunk not be opened

7 - ask for the front & rear bumper plastic to stay on the car from shipment

8 - ask for the foam block that is attached to the drivers door from shipment

9 - ask for them not to scrub off the red dots on the sidewalls of the tires from the factory

10 - ask for any & all paperwork in the car

11 - ask to be present during the PDI

12 - ask for a copy of the PDI paperwork

13 - inspect the cars stripes & exterior after it's been washed & don't sign any paperwork until this is done, that way anything you find wrong can be noted prior to acceptance & taking delivery.

14- ask for a Model Year color paint chip handout showing all car colors

15 - ask for a Mustang Hand out with the Shelby GT500 in it

16 - ask for the bold moves Banner & the BOLD MOVES launch with (2) DVD's - if they still have it

17 - ask for a few dealer promo 8" x 11" cards (like the one I sent you with the Blue GT500 on it)

18 - ask for a free tank of Premium gas

19 - ask for the copy of the FRONTLINE dealer magazine that had the White w/Blue stripe shelby on it from June?

20 - ask for the poster in the repair shop that shows an exploded view of the car

21 - ask for the UNOPENED owners manual, order a second set

22 - ask for BOTH SETS of KEYS and tell them to get out of your way

23 – for the equivalent of a buildsheet: go to your service tech not the parts tech and ask him to go into "tech Oasis"check, and go into" VIN Explosion" all the info on your car will print off,all your serial numbers like transmission,build date,etc.etc will all print off.

I forget who originally wrote this list, but it might be important for those of you who will be picking up your new Shelby.

THE MAIN THING TO TELL THEM IS DO NOT TOUCH OR DO A THING TO THE CAR AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN OFF THE TRANSPORTER UNTIL YOU GET THERE.

1 - ask that all tags, decals & round dot stickers remain in ALL windows

2 - ask that all plastic on door sills plates, seats, carpet, steering wheel, airbag, sun visors stay on

3 - ask that NO Dealership decals be applied to the car of where it was sold from (ask for a plate frame with their name on it).

4 - ask for the antenna cover & plug that protects the threads during shipment.

5 - ask that no bags for the locking lug nuts & License plate be opened

6 - ask that the floor mats in the trunk not be opened

7 - ask for the front & rear bumper plastic to stay on the car from shipment

8 - ask for the foam block that is attached to the drivers door from shipment

9 - ask for them not to scrub off the red dots on the sidewalls of the tires from the factory

10 - ask for any & all paperwork in the car

11 - ask to be present during the PDI

12 - ask for a copy of the PDI paperwork

13 - inspect the cars stripes & exterior after it's been washed & don't sign any paperwork until this is done, that way anything you find wrong can be noted prior to acceptance & taking delivery.

14- ask for a Model Year color paint chip handout showing all car colors

15 - ask for a Mustang Hand out with the Shelby GT500 in it

16 - ask for the bold moves Banner & the BOLD MOVES launch with (2) DVD's - if they still have it

17 - ask for a few dealer promo 8" x 11" cards (like the one I sent you with the Blue GT500 on it)

18 - ask for a free tank of Premium gas

19 - ask for the copy of the FRONTLINE dealer magazine that had the White w/Blue stripe shelby on it from June?

20 - ask for the poster in the repair shop that shows an exploded view of the car

21 - ask for the UNOPENED owners manual, order a second set

22 - ask for BOTH SETS of KEYS and tell them to get out of your way

23 – for the equivalent of a buildsheet: go to your service tech not the parts tech and ask him to go into "tech Oasis"check, and go into" VIN Explosion" all the info on your car will print off,all your serial numbers like transmission,build date,etc.etc will all print off.

My dealer tried to do step 23 for 30 minutes and couldn't figure it out...I hope others have better luck. SHelbydude...if you can do step 23 for me...let me know. :happy feet:

When they wash your car for the first time....ask to watch the process. Supervise it.

Have the salesman run down and buy a brand new mitt for the lotboy before you get there so you know it's a clean new mitt.

Check over the inside of the rims real good for damage from the train car ramps and check the front splitter real good.

You are going to think I am crazy, but this is very important.

Have them put the car on the lift and inspect the undercarriage for damage.

I bought a NEW car only to find out it had been hit in the rear end, very hard. It had bondo, weld lines, the bumper bar had been pushed forward, and the mufflers had hit the sheet metal causing dents and scrapes.

I won't tell the rest of the story, but cars get damaged at the plant and get fixed, or when loading or unloading on the truck.

Just check it out. I wish I would have.

You are going to think I am crazy, but this is very important.

Have them put the car on the lift and inspect the undercarriage for damage.

I bought a NEW car only to find out it had been hit in the rear end, very hard. It had bondo, weld lines, the bumper bar had been pushed forward, and the mufflers had hit the sheet metal causing dents and scrapes.

I won't tell the rest of the story, but cars get damaged at the plant and get fixed, or when loading or unloading on the truck.

Just check it out. I wish I would have.

you're not crazy this happened to my friends dads 93 cobra. he found the damage on his first oil change. He fought the dealer for 2 years.

I don't get it. I mean I look at that list ans wonder, it that really all necessary? I mean what are you going to do with all that, or better yet why? Dots on tires and windows? Shipping plastic? I mean I can see all the visual inspection of stuff, but what, you going to auction that stuff off, or hope it raises the car value in some way? I just don't get it and think if most ask, the dealer would consider having us committed!!! Again, don't get me wrong, I agree with allot of it... just think some is out there!

Archived