TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stupid Questions: How to tell the difference between a Shelby Super Snake and a non super snake?

I am trying to find out how to tell the difference between the 2013 and 2014 Super Snakes and non-Super Snakes since I am in the market for one.

Basically, I am trying to find a Super Snake w/the standard 850HP package, and I am not sure how to tell the difference between them and a normal 13'/14' Shelby when I view them at dealers, and most dealers tell me they are not sure.

Does the Super Snake edition have the seats labeled super snake, the snake logos, says gt500 super snake on the side, super snake on the lower rad, etc

So far all the ones I have looked at have the Snake logos on them but don't say super snake on the side or on the rad.

EX- https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/m-Earth-MotorCars-sp301868#listing=163010400

EX- https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/m-Camarena-Auto-sp309635#listing=161932271

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I love Shelbys there just isn't much info out there to help me out with this, and since I wasn't watching Shelby's in 13'/14' and just started catching up again so I am not sure if they even made anything besides the super snakes for those years.

Also 2013 vs 2014 opinions? I know the differences were pretty minor, and I think I am leaning towards the 2013 model a little. Have big plans to swap out for 3.73's, throttle body and intake upgrades, etc.

Not a stupid question. Don't assume a Shelby is a Super Snake because it has badges, head rest etc. as some of those items can be purchased on ebay. A real Super Snake should have a CSM plaque on the dash below the stereo and should have a plaque on the strut tower.

When you find a potential car, reachout to Steven at SAI to confirm that it is indeed a Super Snake.

Then again, you could purchase a 13-14 Shelby and have SAI covert it to a Super Snake and make it the way you want.

post-34643-0-24956800-1485743530_thumb.jpg

post-34643-0-44010700-1485743540_thumb.jpg

Not a stupid question. Don't assume a Shelby is a Super Snake because it has badges, head rest etc. as some of those items can be purchased on ebay. A real Super Snake should have a CSM plaque on the dash below the stereo and should have a plaque on the strut tower.

When you find a potential car, reachout to Steven at SAI to confirm that it is indeed a Super Snake.

Then again, you could purchase a 13-14 Shelby and have SAI covert it to a Super Snake and make it the way you want.

Alright, will do! Thanks for the reply that is exactly what I was looking for.

I have one other question, though, what is the difference between the 2014 Shelby GT500 and the 2014 Super Snake? I don't see and can't find the the normal GT500 2014 brochure to see the differences.

Thanks!

Alright, will do! Thanks for the reply that is exactly what I was looking for.

I have one other question, though, what is the difference between the 2014 Shelby GT500 and the 2014 Super Snake? I don't see and can't find the the normal GT500 2014 brochure to see the differences.

Thanks!

Here's a link to the 2013-14 Shelby Super Snake info card

http://shelby.com/images/pdf/2013-14SS.pdf

Gingerman,

FordFest pretty much covered it. Authentic Super Snakes will have badging showing the cars unique CSM serial number. Although a CSM in itself is not always proof the cars authentic as those have been faked by unscrupulous sellers. In addition to the CSM number its always best to ask for Shelby invoices and then reach out to Shelby American for verification.

One last thing to keep in mind, with only a few hundred 2013-14 Super Snakes being built so far the odds of finding one on a dealerships used car lot is slim. Not impossible but slim, you're overwhelmingly going to find regular GT500's there.

Steve

Gingerman,

FordFest pretty much covered it. Authentic Super Snakes will have badging showing the cars unique CSM serial number. Although a CSM in itself is not always proof the cars authentic as those have been faked by unscrupulous sellers. In addition to the CSM number its always best to ask for Shelby invoices and then reach out to Shelby American for verification.

One last thing to keep in mind, with only a few hundred 2013-14 Super Snakes being built so far the odds of finding one on a dealerships used car lot is slim. Not impossible but slim, you're overwhelmingly going to find regular GT500's there.

Steve

Alright, thanks

For the moment being I think I will settle for the gt500 over the Super Snake. May possibly have Shelby make it a Super Snake in the future though.

Still trying to find out what the differences are between the normal gt500 and SS. Basically what parts they are changing to what to make it 850HP from 662HP

Alright, thanks

For the moment being I think I will settle for the gt500 over the Super Snake. May possibly have Shelby make it a Super Snake in the future though.

Still trying to find out what the differences are between the normal gt500 and SS. Basically what parts they are changing to what to make it 850HP from 662HP

The link in post #4 shows the changes that make up a 2013-14 Super Snake. If you're looking for an itemized list of part numbers for each item, I don't know if that is publicly available other than asking to see the Shelby invoice from someone who owns a 2013-14 Super Snake.

Steve

The link in post #4 shows the changes that make up a 2013-14 Super Snake. If you're looking for an itemized list of part numbers for each item, I don't know if that is publicly available other than asking to see the Shelby invoice from someone who owns a 2013-14 Super Snake.

Steve

Alright, sorry I didn't realize that was the list it only showed me the first page last time I opened it on my phone.

That is exactly what I was looking for thanks.

• 2 months later...

Gingerman all you need to do is go to my Team Shelby site under Rod Simas and I have all the pictures of a my 2014 5.8L 850hp Super Snake wide Body and will see all the upgrades that were done. Also you will see the Shelby Registration tag reading SS for super snake also it will have the year either 13 or 14 and the number of your build that year. Mind being "14SS0081"

Also I would tend to buy a Shelby off the Team Shelby Forum and shy away from used car lots.