TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015-17 Shelby Terlingua, a few slots available.

SAI-Steven

Just an FYI that there are a few 2015-17 Shelby Terlingua build slots open so if you've ever thought about joining the fear the bunny club there's room for you.

Even though the Shelby literature says 2015-16 the Terlingua program is also available to 2017 owners. For someone that wants an even rarer bunny in their garage the hot tip from our sales department is to have one built on a 2015 50th Anniversary Ford Mustang GT.

A quick phone call or email to one of our sales team will get the ball rolling for you.

The SAI sales team is:

Chris Ruby - chrisr@shelby.com

Jason Harlow - jasonh@shelby.com

Mike Lambert - mikel@shelby.com

Matt Giles - mattg@shelby.com (Matt is our new sales manager here at SAI)

The sales department phone number is 702-942-7325

You may also learn more about the 2015-17 Shelby Terlingua at http://www.shelby.com/?topic=vehicles&art=Terlingua

Steve

Just a thought, on the Shelby Build Page you should add the 2017 colors, I bet it would look outstanding in Lightning or Grabber Blue.

I only thought SAI was doing it for the 2016 model year and no further so I jumped at it, but if I knew 2017 was an option and also knew Lightning Blue was available I would have waited. My Vista Blue on my 08 GT/SC is a nice Blue but the Lightning Blue is far better and closer to 2 of the best Blue's Acapulco Blue and Guardsman Blue. I actually hate Red don't own anything in that color but I knew the Terlingua would look great in Red and its the only 1

The red will be highly sought after in the future. The two obvious brand colors are the most common and what come to mind, but the original 2005-09 brochure actually featured a red color. One was never built, and it was pretty much the only color not done. So now add another 50-75 Terlinguas with only one red out of 100-115 builds means very special to have.

I had a 50th I could have converted, but that yellow just called to me. I'm ripping out the Katzkin interior though and having it redone. I'll post before and after pics. It's my only real complaint.

A 2015 Kona 50th Bunny, or 2017 50th SS? Both autos come with steering wheel paddle shifts as well, do they not?

Me think the wabbit!!!

I need to get a post divorce present for myself. I'm still upset I had to miss T16 because of it. :soapbox:

Edited by Jimmy Sak

A 2015 Kona 50th Bunny, or 2017 50th SS? Both autos come with steering wheel paddle shifts as well, do they not?

Me think the wabbit!!!

I need to get a post divorce present for myself. I'm still upset I had to miss T16 because of it. :soapbox:

The Terlingua is a far better car than the 50th Annv. S.S. but keep in mind it costs a lot more too, which I wish SAI would have done a reverse on thinking when they offered this to us

The Terlingua is a far better car than the 50th Annv. S.S. but keep in mind it costs a lot more too, which I wish SAI would have done a reverse on thinking when they offered this to us

Very true as a base model, but option up the SS to around what a Terlingua comes with standard, I think its only about 10 more for the bunny. And with only 50 built vs 500, I think its a great alternative.

Why do you state that it's a far better car, just curious?

Keep in mind, the Terlingua will never reach a point of dilution. A Super Snake has been produced since 2007, meaning even though a 50th is special, so we're many of the other builds that share the SuperSnake badge, like the 427, or the 40th, or the other 50th? Weird.

i haven't driven the new 50th, but I've driven just about every Shelby built, except a Daytona, and the Terlingua is the best so far.

If I could have got my GT350R allocation locked in, I wouldn't have been in the market for the new bunny, but that worked out for the best I think too.

• 2 months later...

​So, based on April 2017 how many Terlingua's have been built?

​How many in each color?

SAI has stated repeatedly over the past several years that they do not release build info until a particular build program is closed.

SAI has stated repeatedly over the past several years that they do not release build info until a particular build program is closed.

Really, you found it necessary to say repeatedly umm wasn't asking you and since I own one I want to know

39Mustang, on 08 Apr 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:snapback.png

​So, based on April 2017 how many Terlingua's have been built?

​How many in each color?

mhr1961, on 08 Apr 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:snapback.png

Really, you found it necessary to say repeatedly umm wasn't asking you and since I own one I want to know

I love it when somebody posts a public question in a public forum addressed to no one in particular and then when one of the public answers provides them with an accurate and factual answer that they don’t like, they then feel the need to reply with such a grade school level response………..it’s still not going to change the fact that over many years Shelby’s reply to dozens of such questions about build info has been consistently and repeatedly that they do not provide such build info until after a particular build program has closed.

Owning one doesn’t make you a special snowflake nor does it entitle you to know production info before the build has closed out.

Have a nice day.

Shelby will not publicly release build info and numbers until the program is officially closed, even then it sometimes takes a year or more for those numbers to be released.

In the meantime, enjoy your awesome car!

The only other thing we can do is :waiting:

• 2 months later...

Any more get built? Been fairly quiet on these wondering if build amount has been done?

Almost ready to move after so many delays and will finally have the Red Rabbit in my garage instead of hanging out in Las Vegas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did all 50 get built yet?

Haven't seen anything new yet and appears not too many out there running around. I finally get to move in a few weeks so the Red Rabbit will be hopping around Colorado for awhile

Bought a house in Franktown so if and or when you guys in Parker or Castle Rock go out for any get togethers before it snows let me know

Did all 50 get built yet?

Haven't seen anything new yet and appears not too many out there running around. I finally get to move in a few weeks so the Red Rabbit will be hopping around Colorado for awhile

Bought a house in Franktown so if and or when you guys in Parker or Castle Rock go out for any get togethers before it snows let me know

Nope not all 50 have been built so if anyone is thinking about adding a bunny to their collection reach out to our sales department for additional info.

I'm only seeing one or two 2015 based Terlingua's so if you're into rarity I would suggest finding a 2015 base car, especially a 50th Anniversary car if you really want to be different.

That

Finally done. So happy. Pictures in the gallery.

is awesome, congrats!!!!

Having driven one of the new bunnies they are simply the best all around Shelby I have had the privilege to drive and I have driven many.

Have fun.

David

39Mustang, on 08 Apr 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:snapback.png

mhr1961, on 08 Apr 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:snapback.png

I love it when somebody posts a public question in a public forum addressed to no one in particular and then when one of the public answers provides them with an accurate and factual answer that they don’t like, they then feel the need to reply with such a grade school level response………..it’s still not going to change the fact that over many years Shelby’s reply to dozens of such questions about build info has been consistently and repeatedly that they do not provide such build info until after a particular build program has closed.

Owning one doesn’t make you a special snowflake nor does it entitle you to know production info before the build has closed out.

Have a nice day.

You chose to reply with a smartass comment when you didn't need to comment at all, but we know on here who can't mind their own business