TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good news for us

nojoke4true

A 2008 Barrett Jackson edition Shelby GT coup sold for 40 grand and a 2007 Hertz convertible owned by an hertz executive sold for 97 grand, last

weekend at the Barrett Jackson auction. This is great news for us anytime our cars do well on the auction block in front of millions :happy feet: . Hopefully

this will stop the depreciation of our cars and help the value increase of our cars the same year and newer :rockon:

A 2008 Barrett Jackson edition Shelby GT coup sold for 40 grand and a 2007 Hertz convertible owned by an hertz executive sold for 97 grand, last

weekend at the Barrett Jackson auction. This is great news for us anytime our cars do well on the auction block in front of millions :happy feet: . Hopefully

this will stop the depreciation of our cars and help the value increase of our cars the same year and newer :rockon:

Drive em' they we're made to drive not invest!

Absolutely! Auctions, especially B-J, is never an accurate indicator of market appeal and money. Look at the swing in values of the vehicles where well maintained originals sell for less than modified or inaccurate restorations. Movie cars like the GT500E Mustang have greater money appeal than an original real '67 Shelby, an improperly restored and modified 65 GT350 goes for crazy numbers based on hype, etc. The values are all over the place, but it is nice to see recognition of the newer breed of SA Mustangs hanging in the appreciable numbers. It is best to follow private sales or at least a year long pattern of auctions on equitable vehicles.

Now get out there and drive and enjoy your Shelby!

Absolutely drive them.... never said don't, but if they can keep their value then its a plus for us for whatever reason. Most here bought to keep their cars

but as we all know life happens, so If they do well in the market place.... :yahoo: is all I am saying :clapping:

I can't believe someone put an 07 GT-H 5spd stick into storage for 10 freakin years and it only had 15 miles on it. Damn.......... did they miss out.

My 07 5spd stick has sever thousand miles on it and I don't care that it wouldn't get anywhere near $97K + comissions. I bought it, I drove it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Can you beat this kinda experience?

post-20749-0-58186100-1485236835_thumb.jpg

That's my 07 5spd stick #490 in front of the old museum in north Las Vegas with my family. How can you beat that?

Now is there an executive out there that has a 2016 6 spd manual GT-H they want to sell me so I can drive her and create some more wicked memories with the wife and kids?

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Yea, and a 10 year old car with 15 miles is only suitable for continued abuse. By abuse, I mean not driven. The entire car would need to be gone through after 10 years of sitting to make it drive-able. All fluids, dried out seals, tires, hoses, etc... Not worth the extra premium if you ask me. However, I'm not the museum type of guy. I realize many are, and this would be a good example for them.

That's my 07 5spd stick #490 in front of the old museum in north Las Vegas with my family. How can you beat that?

NOPE. Teaching your kid how to drive a stick in that car is also a great example of proper ownership. My oldest get's to learn how to drive a stick (along with manual steering and brakes) this summer in my K code convertible. Just like when I was her age - same car. It's going to be awesome.

I can't believe someone put an 07 GT-H 5spd stick into storage for 10 freakin years and it only had 15 miles on it. Damn.......... did they miss out.

My 07 5spd stick has sever thousand miles on it and I don't care that it wouldn't get anywhere near $97K + comissions. I bought it, I drove it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Can you beat this kinda experience?

attachicon.gifShelby Museum 2009 with 07 5spd - small.jpg

Now is there an executive out there that has a 2016 6 spd manual GT-H they want to sell me so I can drive her and create some more wicked memories with the wife and kids?

QSS

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

You guys have inspired me to pull her out of the garage and drive her. Took the vert out in the Nor'easter yesterday and headed north on the NJ turnpike.

I figured it would be a good time to test 9yrs of wax build up against rock chips :banghead: FYI ...Hankook Ventus summer tires hydroplaning in the left lane at 75 while

passing and eighteen wheeler will make you soil your pants :yup: . I was hoping to find some salt on the road to coat my undercarriage but it was too warm.

I headed home after testing our cars polybutylene bushings against some pretty nasty potholes :finger: which enhanced the squeaking. Upon my return

home I parked her in front of the house so I can be toasty by putting my dd in her place next to my wife's car in the garage :happy feet: . For 9 yrs cold winters I

sacrificed my warmth thinking that I was helping preserve her but really I was just hurting her :doh: . My eyes are wide open now...I have been freed :thumbsup: .

I can't wait for the weather to break so I can take her to the automatic car wash and then to the mall so I can park next to normal people. I'm not going down

alone though...going to go to car shows and try to convince friends like dale to drive his immaculate T-bird with low miles to just drive her...they don't bring

no money anyway, I'm sure he will have some choice words for me :( but hey cars are meant to be driven. Hopefully I can get enough wear on her so I can

do a full restoration in 20 yrs or so...nothing like having projects to keep you busy :confused: while I'm 80. I feel better now... the burden has been lifted. And to

think ,I thought I was happy...who knew happy is burning through that first clutch or going thru 3 sets of tires. Carrol did say to drive'em even though

I think he meant on the track but yeah, can't wait . Probably gonna get a full roll cage so I can track her, grass is only gonna get cut once every 2 weeks now

its all about driving her for now on. Thanks guys!!!

You guys have inspired me to pull her out of the garage and drive her. Took the vert out in the Nor'easter yesterday and headed north on the NJ turnpike.

I figured it would be a good time to test 9yrs of wax build up against rock chips :banghead: FYI ...Hankook Ventus summer tires hydroplaning in the left lane at 75 while

passing and eighteen wheeler will make you soil your pants :yup: . I was hoping to find some salt on the road to coat my undercarriage but it was too warm.

I headed home after testing our cars polybutylene bushings against some pretty nasty potholes :finger: which enhanced the squeaking. Upon my return

home I parked her in front of the house so I can be toasty by putting my dd in her place next to my wife's car in the garage :happy feet: . For 9 yrs cold winters I

sacrificed my warmth thinking that I was helping preserve her but really I was just hurting her :doh: . My eyes are wide open now...I have been freed :thumbsup: .

I can't wait for the weather to break so I can take her to the automatic car wash and then to the mall so I can park next to normal people. I'm not going down

alone though...going to go to car shows and try to convince friends like dale to drive his immaculate T-bird with low miles to just drive her...they don't bring

no money anyway, I'm sure he will have some choice words for me :( but hey cars are meant to be driven. Hopefully I can get enough wear on her so I can

do a full restoration in 20 yrs or so...nothing like having projects to keep you busy :confused: while I'm 80. I feel better now... the burden has been lifted. And to

think ,I thought I was happy...who knew happy is burning through that first clutch or going thru 3 sets of tires. Carrol did say to drive'em even though

I think he meant on the track but yeah, can't wait . Probably gonna get a full roll cage so I can track her, grass is only gonna get cut once every 2 weeks now

Could be spring before you get them panties unbunched!

Did you buy the BJ 07 GT-H vert for $97,000+comissions?

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

Ill take one with the threaded posts so I can mount on my grille. Let me know what you need for proof. Pics, movie clip?

I've been thinking...... maybe post odometer photo here......and donation to Shelby Foundation and it is yours (no money to me).

Version A or B ?

Andrew