TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY AMERICAN CELEBRATES 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF SUPER SNAKE WITH NEW GENERATION CAR

ForumAdmin

Like in the other brochures it clearly states pricing and options subject to change without notice. The base price is still the same.

I get that, it's just odd.

An extra $10K for the same exact supercharger, I could be wrong, but according to my research only the Whipple S550 is available for this car. $4800 of that $10K I totally get, it's the additional options that come with it. But I'm curious about what the other $5200 includes besides a different tune? Every other website that sells the Whipple S550 charges $1000 for the additional tune/power parts. Unless it includes the 10 Rib kit, that is $2K. Labor can't be more, can it? The $6995 price seemed much more realistic.

Edited by carnut12

Ummmm, do the other sites include labor and testing? I have been through shops over the years that advertised performance parts and labor installations, but when the final bill came, it had some extra detail charges that put the price way more than the advertised one. Must be part of that subject to change without notice. Actually, some would call to get acceptance for the extra charges, but usually when they were well into the work and cancellation was a poor option.

Edited by 66GT350PS

66GT350PS no they don't, but why would the 750HP unit that is identical to the 670HP unit cost more for labor and testing? The other sites are for the Stage 1 compared to Stage 2, does the Stage 2 require over $4K more labor and testing then the Stage 1? The point is the basic package already comes with the Stage 1, the $10K is to upgrade to the Stage 2.

Regardless it is odd that multiple prices increased significantly in one day. Like I said my build went up $5-6K.

They changed the price.....because they quickly realized after meeting with potential BJ buyers it was priced too low. Feedback here may have also influenced that decision.

At this pricing, I would guess this is going to be direct competition with Ford producing the GT350.

Tom

They changed the price.....because they quickly realized after meeting with potential BJ buyers it was priced too low. Feedback here may have also influenced that decision.

At this pricing, I would guess this is going to be direct competition with Ford producing the GT350.

Tom

I must have missed the SS program development meeting where that was discussed..............................

Correcting the nattering nabobs of negativity on the internet is like playing a perpetual game of Whack-A-Mole.........

You're absolutely correct but as someone who has championed a lower price point for SAI vehicles, at times the only one at SAI who had that view, its sad when folks try to undermine the positive steps SAI is making.

Although I'm not at liberty to go into too many details, the Shelby American Team was working long days to have this newest generation Super Snake ready for the Barrett-Jackson unveil and although the car was ready, final build content and final pricing wasn't. Both of those have been finalized and are available on our website or through our sales department.

This newest generation Super Snake is already showing signs of being the biggest post-title program for Shelby American. Team Shelby Bash attendees may just get a glimpse of this next month.

Steve

You're absolutely correct but as someone who has championed a lower price point for SAI vehicles, at times the only one at SAI who had that view, its sad when folks try to undermine the positive steps SAI is making.

Although I'm not at liberty to go into too many details, the Shelby American Team was working long days to have this newest generation Super Snake ready for the Barrett-Jackson unveil and although the car was ready, final build content and final pricing wasn't. Both of those have been finalized and are available on our website or through our sales department.

This newest generation Super Snake is already showing signs of being the biggest post-title program for Shelby American. Team Shelby Bash attendees may just get a glimpse of this next month.

Steve

Thank you for your efforts Steven! My order was in the day after the BJ unveil. CSM15SS0100.

osted Yesterday, 01:18 PM

mhr1961, on 09 Feb 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:snapback.png

Correcting the nattering nabobs of negativity on the internet is like playing a perpetual game of Whack-A-Mole.........

Steve

Hi Steve,

I just want to be clear that my comment in no way was directed at you, nor did I mean any disrespect. I meant it as point that no matter how good the effort or car put out at Shelby there is always going to be somebody criticizing like the person who made the snide comment about the pricing changes of the new Super Snake. I recognize and appreciate the effort you and other at Shelby put forth every day and I realize it can be a difficult job at times.

Sincerely,

MHR

Edited by mhr1961

Snide comment? Let me get this right, I showed interest, I asked if I could build one online, I was given the link and told yes, I built several different options. I went away for work only to come back several days later and notice my exact build was $5-6K more.

How is it snide to ask why? All they had to do was say we made a mistake, instead my question has been ignored. If you were interested in buying and it happened to you you're telling me you wouldn't ask? Anyone that says they wouldn't ask is either foolish or full of garbage.

It's all good I've moved on. I commend Steven for his efforts, my question has nothing to do with him, he has been nothing but helpful on this Forum.

Edited by carnut12

Snide comment? Let me get this right, I showed interest, I asked if I could build one online, I was given the link and told yes, I built several different options. I went away for work only to come back several days later and notice my exact build was $5-6K more.

How is it snide to ask why? All they had to do was say we made a mistake, instead my question has been ignored. If you were interested in buying and it happened to you you're telling me you wouldn't ask? Anyone that says they wouldn't ask is either foolish or full of garbage.

It's all good I've moved on. I commend Steven for his efforts, my question has nothing to do with him, he has been nothing but helpful on this Forum.

Did I mention you specifically? I think not.Look further down in the postings.

Edited by mhr1961

I was at BJ (actually was fortunate enough to be involved in the new SS unveiling) and fliped over the new SS. That diamond white with blue stripes is awsome and when the sun shines on that white it just glows!! Needless to say, after BJ, we drove directly to Shelby in Vegas, sat down with Chris Ruby, and placed an order for CSM# 17SS0189. (wanted #189 as our Shelby F150 is #189). Our new Super Snake will be a diamond white convertible automatic with 750 hp polished package. Got home and ordered the base car, a GT Premium Vert with all options necessary. Have a schedule build date from Ford of 03/13/17. Waiting begins....... :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Edited by jdaallen

Carnut, I can certainly understand your disappointment with the SAI build one website. What customer would want to see a price increase? I don't have all the details as I certainly don't set the prices but here's what I know.

The cars unveil date was fast approaching and we didn't have firm pricing in place as we were still working on what the base package and options would consist of along with waiting on a few supplier quotes to come in. Knowing that we had to have a price point for the unveil, isn't how much is it the number one question at an unveil, we did our best to get the most accurate price we could at that time.

Fast forward to after Barrett-Jackson, the team is back at Vegas, final quotes have come in and after listening to our customers a few tweaks are made to the base package and option list. These supplier quotes and content changes are what altered the price, the price change had nothing to do with consumer interest.

Here's one other tidbit that may help convince you the price change was not a money grab, the new Super Snake is the first post-title program in a very long time (perhaps ever) where SAI is not charging a "CSM premium" fee for certain CSM numbers. That's right if you want a specific CSM number you wont be told there's an additional charge for that number.

Guys, if you haven't noticed CSI has a new Board member and SAI has a new President. Things are changing for the better and the future looks bright. If you're coming to the Team Shelby Bash next month all these executives will be in attendance and are very approachable so come see us.

Steve

ACTUALLY, STEVEN IS WRONG. WHEN YOU GO TO THE BASH, THE EXECUTIVES ARE MORE THAN JUST APPROACHABLE, THEY ARE LIKE FAMILY. NO NEED TO FEEL INTIMINATED BY ANYONE WHO WORKS AT SAI! THEY ARE THE NICEST, FRIENDLIEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER MET. THEY ALWAYS TREAT ME WONDERFULLY, KNOWING THAT I DO NOT OWN A SHELBY AND MAY NOT EVER ( BECAUSE OF FINANCES ) THEY ARE A GREAT EXAMPLE OF HOW A COMPANY SHOULD BE. ONE DAY, IF GOD BE WILLING THAT I WHEN THE LOTTO, MY DREAM CAR WILL BE A PHONE CALL AWAY!

Carnut, I can certainly understand your disappointment with the SAI build one website. What customer would want to see a price increase? I don't have all the details as I certainly don't set the prices but here's what I know.

The cars unveil date was fast approaching and we didn't have firm pricing in place as we were still working on what the base package and options would consist of along with waiting on a few supplier quotes to come in. Knowing that we had to have a price point for the unveil, isn't how much is it the number one question at an unveil, we did our best to get the most accurate price we could at that time.

Fast forward to after Barrett-Jackson, the team is back at Vegas, final quotes have come in and after listening to our customers a few tweaks are made to the base package and option list. These supplier quotes and content changes are what altered the price, the price change had nothing to do with consumer interest.

Here's one other tidbit that may help convince you the price change was not a money grab, the new Super Snake is the first post-title program in a very long time (perhaps ever) where SAI is not charging a "CSM premium" fee for certain CSM numbers. That's right if you want a specific CSM number you wont be told there's an additional charge for that number.

Guys, if you haven't noticed CSI has a new Board member and SAI has a new President. Things are changing for the better and the future looks bright. If you're coming to the Team Shelby Bash next month all these executives will be in attendance and are very approachable so come see us.

Steve

All good Steven, I appreciate your response. I figured something was wrong when some of the options on the New SS were much cheaper then current builds, such as the Interior Upgrade, now they are inline. When it looks to good to be true it probably is. I still think it is a better car then the GT-350 for just a little more money, this should do very well. I hope they continue this trend.

Did I read these Posts right........ The Build Numbers will be jumping around? I could ask for Number 501 and it could be built BEFORE Number 232 and there could possibly never be Numbers 423 to 500 ?

Correct and it has always been that way. There have also been CSM numbers higher than the build cap. For example the 2011 GT350 had a maximum build cap of 350 units so one would think that the CSM numbers would be in the range of 001 to 350 and that held true for the majority of the cars but there were two cars built with a CSM number higher than 500.

Shelby CSM numbers should not be looked at as a sequence number nor as a total build number, they should be looked at as a unique Shelby serial number that must correspond to the cars VIN number through factory build records.

Steve