TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY AMERICAN CELEBRATES 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF SUPER SNAKE WITH NEW GENERATION CAR

ForumAdmin

This makes it clear to me that SAI has listened to feedback given, that is a great price!!!! I also love the fact you do not have to get black wheels.

I might have to sell my Shelby GT/SC, this is now a much better value, in my opinion, then the GT-350.

Hats off to SAI, very well done!!!

Edited by carnut12

I think the grille area is just too open/blank was there any thought of actually putting a Snake in the grille?

Not a fan of the wheels or decklid spoiler just too similar to the other cars offered and I think you guys need to have the end product different

What kind of suspension comes standard and or what are any upgrade options? Off the Shelby Eibach coil-overs are not the best and if Shelby Mustangs are suppose to be the best it should come with the best parts and or have them as an option

The White seats are great

You don't like cheaper registration, sales tax, and insurance costs?

I do not think the Insurance will be based on a Mustang GT once they see the car. You damage a Wheel and the Insurance company will want to only buy a Mustang GT Wheel same goes got that other parts, Hood, Bumpers, etc.

I do not think the Insurance will be based on a Mustang GT once they see the car. You damage a Wheel and the Insurance company will want to only buy a Mustang GT Wheel same goes got that other parts, Hood, Bumpers, etc.

I think this depends on the insurance company and where you take your car to get fixed.

I can tell you I have an AEV Jeep that is insured as a regular Jeep Wrangler, the parts cost more then double and not only did they pay for all of the genuine replacement parts they also paid for a new $1500 Winch when I got hit on my front end. Why because it came with the AEV Jeep, if I had added it they wouldn't have done so.

Edited by carnut12

I think this depends on the insurance company and where you take your car to get fixed.

I can tell you I have an AEV Jeep that is insured as a regular Jeep Wrangler, the parts cost more then double and not only did they pay for all of the genuine replacement parts they also paid for a new $1500 Winch when I got hit on my front end. Why because it came with the AEV Jeep, if I had added it they wouldn't have done so.

What is an AEV?

The part I like about it not being based off a GT500 is it still has just as much power, but should have less weight over the front. That is more then likely why the handling numbers improved so much.

I would be curious to know the weight difference between this and the GT500 based SS.

STEVE........will SAI sell any of the Parts like the Rear Spoiler???????

David,

Some of the 2017 SS parts will be for sale through SPP. I'm not sure if a final decision has been made on which parts so it would probably be best to contact the SPP manager, Dean Barberio, for the best up to date answer on that. You may email Dean at deanb@shelby.com

Steve

David,

Some of the 2017 SS parts will be for sale through SPP. I'm not sure if a final decision has been made on which parts so it would probably be best to contact the SPP manager, Dean Barberio, for the best up to date answer on that. You may email Dean at deanb@shelby.com

Steve

Cool, thanks.

FYI, the SAI sales team is back home after Barrett-Jackson week so feel free to reach out to anyone from the sales team with your questions or better yet to reserve your CSM number.

The SAI sales team is:

Chris Ruby - chrisr@shelby.com

Jason Harlow - jasonh@shelby.com

Mike Lambert - mikel@shelby.com

Matt Giles - mattg@shelby.com (Matt is our new sales manager here at SAI)

They have been changing the build page, now it costs $995 for polished wheels and more for the Polished Supercharger, that was not the case a few days ago. The interior upgrade went from $2000 to $2999? The upgraded Supercharger went up too, it was $6995, now it is $9995? My build went up like $5-6K for the same car, wish I would have saved it or printed it so I knew the exact differences. Are any additional changes expected???

Edited by carnut12