TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hi guys! I’ve scoured the forums and internet and just wanted to make sure that my plan is straight before I pull the trigger on this project. I apologize if some of you have seen this info before but I have not seen anything that has been posted which matches exactly what I’m trying to do.

I want to widen my SVT PP 20” rims and add bigger tires to the rear on my 2011 GT500. I am probably going to use James over at Weldcraft Wheels to do this since I have read many positive results from his work. I am prepared to relocate the bumpstop brackets, remove the shock dust covers, and adding a 1/8” spacer (if needed). I really want a 325 or 335 size tire on the back. Here are the questions that I have:

How wide can I go without any other modifications other than the three described above?

Is a 335 tire possible with a 11.75” rim?

Is an adjustable panhard bar a must when doing this mod? If so, what brand would you recommend?

Has anyone put the existing 20” rims on the front and sent the front 19” rims to get widened to place on the rear (for more tire depth)? Any problems with the 20” on the front of a stock GT500? If you have done this, how wide and what size tire have you used for both the front and the rear? Do you have any pictures of this setup?

What brand of tires would you suggest for not an everyday driver?

Thank you guys in advance for your help!

Hi guys! I’ve scoured the forums and internet and just wanted to make sure that my plan is straight before I pull the trigger on this project. I apologize if some of you have seen this info before but I have not seen anything that has been posted which matches exactly what I’m trying to do.

I want to widen my SVT PP 20” rims and add bigger tires to the rear on my 2011 GT500. I am probably going to use James over at Weldcraft Wheels to do this since I have read many positive results from his work. I am prepared to relocate the bumpstop brackets, remove the shock dust covers, and adding a 1/8” spacer (if needed). I really want a 325 or 335 size tire on the back. Here are the questions that I have:

How wide can I go without any other modifications other than the three described above?

Is a 335 tire possible with a 11.75” rim?

Is an adjustable panhard bar a must when doing this mod? If so, what brand would you recommend?

Has anyone put the existing 20” rims on the front and sent the front 19” rims to get widened to place on the rear (for more tire depth)? Any problems with the 20” on the front of a stock GT500? If you have done this, how wide and what size tire have you used for both the front and the rear? Do you have any pictures of this setup?

What brand of tires would you suggest for not an everyday driver?

Thank you guys in advance for your help!

...you may also try www.wheel-size.com and use their tire spec- wheel limit calculators.

Good Luck...