TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looks like a nice one.....

Hmmm..... I talked recently with RK Motors about consigning my GT500 as well. Their consignment fee is really high and they price their cars accordingly to make up for that. Didn't think mine would sell for what that guy told me at $48,000. Hope you get what you want for it.

10% doesn't seem outrageous to me for a commission, but you are not getting retail high price, but if you think you can, more power to you. I just can't put up with the flakes, lookie-lous, tire kickers, and scammers I would have to sort through on my own.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

• 4 months later...

I was at RK earlier this week and saw your car still there.... I think you might have had better luck selling yourself at this point. I see lots of cars in their showroom that sit a LONG time before either the owner gets fed up and retrieves or finally has to lower the price below what they wanted to sell. What is your sales rep telling you at this point?

Why are you selling your 500, Blake???

:lurk:

Bored I guess.... I haven't made much of an effort to sell. I just get the itch to buy something new from time to time and don't have the space in the garage for another toy. Everything is for sale for the right price.

Back on topic: RK has some really nice stuff in their showroom. They do build in their high commission fee and try to sell above market value so that deters a lot of people.

I was at RK earlier this week and saw your car still there.... I think you might have had better luck selling yourself at this point. I see lots of cars in their showroom that sit a LONG time before either the owner gets fed up and retrieves or finally has to lower the price below what they wanted to sell. What is your sales rep telling you at this point?

Ad now says SOLD. :whistling:

Way too low, but these cars are a glut on the market and few want them, but the buyer got a smoking' deal, IMO.

PS, I have sold several at RK, and the reason many sit is that they are priced above market, simple.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

I promise to take great care of it Mike! And I agree. I think I got smokin' deal as well. It's going to be a regular fixture on the West Coast for a long time!

Best of luck with it, when I send the title I will also forward the air bag recall notice that was just sent for you to take care of that. Cali is a great place for it, convertible weather most all year, enjoy!

10% doesn't seem outrageous to me for a commission, but you are not getting retail high price, but if you think you can, more power to you. I just can't put up with the flakes, lookie-lous, tire kickers, and scammers I would have to sort through on my own.

10% seems to be the industry standard. If that seems high to anyone just think of the profit percentage a dealership makes on a trade-in, now that's high.

Steve

Way too low, but these cars are a glut on the market and few want them, but the buyer got a smoking' deal, IMO.

PS, I have sold several at RK, and the reason many sit is that they are priced above market, simple.

Congrats on the sale. And to a Team Shelby guy as well. RK should share the commission with you! Yes I stated the same about their pricing previously and figured my car would sit there for at least a year at the price they wanted to list at. Nobody wants to pay above market. I decided to pass.... RK does have some really nice Mustangs in the stable right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mike, the car is now officially registered in CA! She's gorgeous. Thanks for taking such great care of her. I'm going to show her the finer parts of the state starting this weekend with the Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region Lake Tahoe Cruise.

20170613_201449_zpsqemhsxeg.jpg