TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Checking in from Pa

paknght

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
V. Blue w/ White stripes. Purchased in fort Myers, FL. (no premium) and drove home to Philadelphia. (January 2008). Several Mod's inc. K40 detector/jammer; money & point saver.

Anytime any group hooks up drop me an email

Bill in Philly

Bill in Philly, There is an all mustang show this Sunday the 13th at the Montana West club in Quakertown. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

Ken

That makes two of us! Nice meeting you last night I wish I would have gotten their earlier so we could have chatted. Maybe I'll catch you at the show after next ... I'm going to as many of those as I can! That's one of the best mix of hotrod's I have seen at a local car show.

Not sure if I can make the show after next, which would be July 25th, I think.

I hope that isn't when they rescheduled Mustang night... anybody know if the Starlite Cruse has been rescheduled Mustang Night?

I just got the news letter yesterday, they rescheduled Mustang night to the final show on 8/29. This is going to be one big show!! Last year the final night had over 3,000 cars and to buddy it up with one of their biggest theme nights. Its going to be good!

I just got the news letter yesterday, they rescheduled Mustang night to the final show on 8/29. This is going to be one big show!! Last year the final night had over 3,000 cars and to buddy it up with one of their biggest theme nights. Its going to be good!

Its on the calendar... now if work just doesn't get in the way!

Did anyone from here make it to the Waterfront last night for the pre-race ralley for Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley? I heard there were a few GT500s there. Is anyone going to be taking their car to the Grand Prix on Saturday or Sunday? I can not make Saturday and Sunday is iffy with everything else I have going on this weekend.

I was planning on going to the Waterfront, but I was thinking it was on Wed. I had a meeting Tuesday for the cruise I'm helping put together for August. So I was bummed when I found out it was Tues. Friday I will be at Wexford, and there is a good chance I will be there Sat to make a few Italians drool. :drool:

Also on Sat. there is going to be a show in Ellwood City, Main Street. Its usually a good turn out, but I don't know how it will be this year with the PVGP being the same day. And I guess there is a pretty good sized cruise every sat. night in BoardMan, OH.

Again on my way home from camp I saw GT500! This time it was Red/White. Any of you Red owners driving in Butler today ... I was the guy in the F-150 looking at you like this ... :drool:

I have seen a Red w/ White strips driving around East MeKeesport and North Versalles area several times going to or coming home from work, I have been wondering who he is too.

I have seen a Red w/ White strips driving around East MeKeesport and North Versalles area several times going to or coming home from work, I have been wondering who he is too.

It could be Chuck.

His screen name here is applesredgt500.

Again on my way home from camp I saw GT500! This time it was Red/White. Any of you Red owners driving in Butler today ... I was the guy in the F-150 looking at you like this ... :drool:

No, that was not me. Although I do go through Butler sometimes.

Yes, that was me. I'm the only one in that area Red/White as far as I know.

I saw a Black/Stripe delete driving through there once too, don't know who that is?

Also a neighbor a few blocks from me has a 04 Silver Vert Cobra and a Alloy or Tungston Lightning.

No, that was not me. Although I do go through Butler sometimes.

Yes, that was me. I'm the only one in that area Red/White as far as I know.

I saw a Black/Stripe delete driving through there once too, don't know who that is?

Also a neighbor a few blocks from me has a 04 Silver Vert Cobra and a Alloy or Tungston Lightning.

I live in Pleasant Hills and work in Murrysville so I drive through that area everyday. Sometimes when the weather cooperates I actually drive the Shelby to work. The top is always down when I am passing by.

I live in Pleasant Hills and work in Murrysville so I drive through that area everyday. Sometimes when the weather cooperates I actually drive the Shelby to work. The top is always down when I am passing by.

And much like mine, your car blends in pretty well. The stealth approach. No stripes. No vibrant exterior color to garner unwanted attention.

Under the radar.

And much like mine, your car blends in pretty well. The stealth approach. No stripes. No vibrant exterior color to garner unwanted attention.

Under the radar.

Whats wrong with VIBRANT exterior colors? :rant: I kind of like my vibrant exterior colors! :cry: Cops see me all the time....hear me too, just careful about when and how far I leave marks on the pavement. I get this alot :drool: and :shades: and even phone :camera: at lights all the time. I like the attention :baby: Its not so bad, although it's funny how it brings out the lead foot in everyone around me, they race to see you after you pass them or just to try to egg me on to rev it up a little etc.. it's fun, I really don't mind unless they get reckless around me :finger: That's what this car was made for, fun and attention getting. If I didn't want attention I would buy an Aveo! :hysterical: Right?

Whats wrong with VIBRANT exterior colors? :rant: I kind of like my vibrant exterior colors! :cry: Cops see me all the time....hear me too, just careful about when and how far I leave marks on the pavement. I get this alot :drool: and :shades: and even phone :camera: at lights all the time. I like the attention :baby: Its not so bad, although it's funny how it brings out the lead foot in everyone around me, they race to see you after you pass them or just to try to egg me on to rev it up a little etc.. it's fun, I really don't mind unless they get reckless around me :finger: That's what this car was made for, fun and attention getting. If I didn't want attention I would buy an Aveo! :hysterical: Right?

This is what makes the world go 'round. I like all the stuff you mentioned, except for the attention.

And except for the Aveo.

I'm not much for the attention from others on the road when I am driving to and from work, which doesn't happen much with the weather around this town. I do like pulling away from or around others extremely quickly before they even know I am doing it.

I have had a few close calls with picture takers doing 35 or 40 beside me. I hate the ones who purposely slow down to get a better view then are swerving as they are looking at the car instead of how they are driving. With that said I am not much for parking the car at car shows for others to have the chance to see a GT500 up close so I can't complain much more than I have.

By the way I stopped at Mineral Beach on Friday around 7pm to see a friend and there was a White/Blue GT500 sitting in the far back section, was that anyone from here? I know of only two like that in the area and it wasn't the one I personally know.

Good use of the icons, if we were giving awards here for icon use I would definitely nominate your post!!!

• 3 weeks later...
OK, who was it that took their red with white stripe GT500 to Jerry’s car wash in Cranberry Township on Friday this week???

A friend of my son works at Jerry’s and was there when the car went through. He said it was painful to watch it go through!!!!

O-my! Your son should've called the Built Ford Tough Police on that guy! I think role #7 for the BFT is no drive threw car washes! BFT in action!

Archived