TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Checking in from Pa

paknght

I ran at Beaver Springs in the spring and the best I could do was 13.9 at 109mph with no mods; it spun in 1st and 2nd. I hope you did some suspention upgrades all that power won't mean anything if you can't get it to the ground!

He has full suspension from Evolution , he should hook .What part of central Pa. are you from ? We're from Centre county.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does one of you with a Performance White/Vista Blue stripes work in Newtown Square PA by chance? A buddy of mine said he saw a Performance White/Vista Blue striped GT500 on our campus (at work) the other day......thought I would post and see if "you" were on this forum.

Let me know.....I'd be interested in meeting. (I have a Vista Blue/Performance white striped GT500)

Thanks!

Does one of you with a Performance White/Vista Blue stripes work in Newtown Square PA by chance? A buddy of mine said he saw a Performance White/Vista Blue striped GT500 on our campus (at work) the other day......thought I would post and see if "you" were on this forum.

Let me know.....I'd be interested in meeting. (I have a Vista Blue/Performance white striped GT500)

Thanks!

I'm in West Chester 1/2 hour from Newtown Square. I'll actually be at the Del Co. Comm. Coll. Campus Car Show next Sunday 10/20/07. I'll be driving the Dark Brwn Met. 70' 428Cj Mach 1 to this Show.The Historical Car Club of Pa. has a lot of classes to partisipate in as well as a Show & Shine Class for all Years. Chris

07' GT-500 Wht/Blu Strp . 70' Mach 1

Greetings from the state of taxes-Pennsylvania. My GT500 came in last week and its in the garage with the blanket over it to keep it toasty. Vista Blue with white stripe, interior upgrade. I have an older restored 65 2+2 with a four speed and 289. I am use to a longer throw for the shifting, I think I missed a gear pulling out of the dealership, all the sales people probably had a good laugh. Can't seem to get use to the short throw for gears and the same for the clutch. Anyhow, after driving some, I like the feel of the car, and "powering through the curves" brings new meaning. Car is tight. Awesome machine. Big smile in Pa paknght(Mike)

I also have a Vista Blue with White Stripes in Montgomery County,PA. I will be sending it SW Florida next week.

Hey Old School (Chris)! You have a very nice Mach 1!! My wife and I came to the show, found your car, but you were not around. We continued walking the cars further up the hill, came back down in hopes to meet you, but you had left already. (we came back by around 1pm) Anyway, very nice 428CJ you have!! Maybe another time....

Take care!

Dan

Hey Old School (Chris)! You have a very nice Mach 1!! My wife and I came to the show, found your car, but you were not around. We continued walking the cars further up the hill, came back down in hopes to meet you, but you had left already. (we came back by around 1pm) Anyway, very nice 428CJ you have!! Maybe another time....

Take care!

Dan

Hey Dan, sorry i missed you both ...thanks for the compliment !!!I was also walking the rows of cars!!! What a great turn out !! I left about 1:30 to go get lunch & work on my Bronco. There are still a few cruises left to do...next Sat the 27th. there is a new speed shop grand opening at 422 Motorsports in Oaks Pa. that i'll be driving the Shelby to. Let me know if you want to cruise up together & we'll pick a meeting point !! Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys little late to chime in but I'm from the Burgh proper.... 07 Alloy Metallic.

I know its probable too late in the season this year but does anyone know if there's going to be a GT500 gathering/race/car show in the area anytime soon? It would be nice to see another GT500 on the road. I feel like the lone wolf here.

Sorry guys little late to chime in but I'm from the Burgh proper.... 07 Alloy Metallic.

I know its probable too late in the season this year but does anyone know if there's going to be a GT500 gathering/race/car show in the area anytime soon? It would be nice to see another GT500 on the road. I feel like the lone wolf here.

Hey Mr 40teth,

It is getting late...

I am just hoping for good weather so I can get a few more drives in before covering her up for the winter.

If I hear of a cruise or track day were there will be GT500’s I will make sure to post it here.

If its nice on Saturday, if you are in the Cranberry area, you may just see another one cruising around!

I'm just over the line in Washington County. I have almost 13000 miles on mine, most of which were logged on local roads. Of course you have to look closer at mine being it is a 'vert without over-the-top stripes. I've spotted 5 different GT500s on the road in Allegheny and Washington counties, and saw a bunch (well, if you consider 5 a bunch) at the Zelie Flashlight drags in Sept. I think there have been a few at the Friday Night shows at Mineral Beach, too.

PM me if you want to get something local started. I'd be game. I will probably be putting mine up on jack stands soon for the winter, though.

I'm thinking about cruising up to Raceway Park NJ. Sat. Nov 3rd. with the 07'Shelby For the big Fords at Englishtown Show. Then the Following Sat. Nov,10th is the Muscle Car Drags at the same Track for 60's & 70's Stock Appearing Cars. I plan on driving the 70' Mach 1 to that one. Chris

post-8156-1193934227_thumb.jpg

post-8156-1193934227_thumb.jpg

Pittsburgh and surrounding area folks ……

I was talking to a client of mine and I we were wonder who might be interested in having a GT500/Shelby GT get together some spring Saturday morning in Wexford PA at Shults Ford?

Nothing big maybe some coffee and donuts line the cars up in the lot to show off to Shults’ employees and customer?

Give me some feedback!

I was talking to a client of mine and I we were wonder who might be interested in having a GT500/Shelby GT get together some spring Saturday morning in Wexford PA at Shults Ford?

Nothing big maybe some coffee and donuts line the cars up in the lot to show off to Shults’ employees and customer?

Give me some feedback!

I'm sure game--never give up the chance to get the wild horse out. I just got my vanity plate for mine--

"GO SNAKE" with a bumper sticker that says " I LOVE MY WIFE". In the words of the guys with bent noses, how can she refuse me! I will take a pic and post it on the vanity plate forum.

Give me some feedback!

Count me in!

Give me some feedback!

I'm in.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually got to drive her yesterday. I was quite excited. I pulled her back 2 feet so I could get around her in the garage, then drove her forward 2 feet.

:hysterical::hysterical2:

...wait!

:cry::cry:

Actually the garage my car will stay in is about 75% done, hopefully within the next 2 weeks it will be done, and I can sneak her over so I will have some room to do work on her. But don't tell Mother Nature!

• 3 months later...

a little forum CPR....

So the weather is starting to break here in W. PA and the shows are getting ready to start. I'm getting really excited with my car getting back from SAI and our first show coming up in May!! :happy feet:

Anyone know of any good shows to hit up in the near future?

I know there were talks of a show at the Shultz in Wexford. Is this still in the works?

• 2 weeks later...

For those that haven’t seen it they have posted the 2008 schedule for the Flashlight Drags: http://www.alteredgas.com/index.html

May 10th the fun begins!

For those that haven’t done this in prior years, it is a blast!

It is all about getting out and having some fun in your car, come give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Mr 40teth,

It is getting late...

I am just hoping for good weather so I can get a few more drives in before covering her up for the winter.

If I hear of a cruise or track day were there will be GT500’s I will make sure to post it here.

If its nice on Saturday, if you are in the Cranberry area, you may just see another one cruising around!

cstunkard -

I was out cruising the Cranberry area Saturday and didn't see you? :shrug: I did run into a Jeep RT8 WOW fast fat little SUV! To bad this weekend the weather is going to suck!

Look at the Jeep rt8 been blown by the gt500:

Jeep what? .... He SMOKED it!

I can tell you the one I ran into this weekend was not stock and we weren't quite running at 100 mph but nevertheless I still think the Jeep RT8 is a cool vehicle especially considering they are an american made V8 muscle car ... well SUV

Look at the Jeep rt8 been blown by the gt500:

Jeep what? .... He SMOKED it!

I can tell you the one I ran into this weekend was not stock and we weren't quite running at 100 mph but nevertheless I still think the Jeep RT8 is a cool vehicle especially considering they are an american made V8 muscle car ... well SUV

cstunkard -

I was out cruising the Cranberry area Saturday and didn't see you? :shrug: I did run into a Jeep RT8 WOW fast fat little SUV! To bad this weekend the weather is going to suck!

Sorry I missed you. On Saturday I had my 05 Mustang GT and my son over at Quaker City Drag strip in Ohio.

We had a blast and beat most of the cars we ran against except an 07 GT500. He was running stock tires and I was running drag radials so I had him off the line, still in front at 60 foot mark, he caught me at the 1/8 mile mark and left me like I was sitting still. Will have to take my GT500 next time.

Hopefully this weekned will not be a total wash-out.

On the subject of Jeep SRT8's... I raced one last year at the flashlight drags and beat him on more than one occasion but they are pretty damn fast for a Jeep.

You live up this way or down in the city?

Archived