TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FNG Checking In

MarcSpaz

Hello folks! First post. Wanted to pop-in and introduce myself.

Am a new Grandpa with a 3 month old grandson. I am a Computer Systems Architect, previously with Federal Law Enforcement for 10.5 years... currently with DOD. I am a fireams enthusiast with a small collection of modern tactical and late 1800's lever guns.

I am a huge car junkie. Some toys I currently have are a 2016 GT350 (Tech), 2013 GT500, 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 2015 Challenger RT Super Track Pack, and a 2016 Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Addition. I love going off-roading with the Jeep and excluding the GT350, I have had all the others on the road course and the drag strip.

I bought the GT350 to put some miles on it fairly regularly as well as participating in 5 to 8 track days a years. I used to be a competitive drag racer. I have no intent on competing again. I just want to enjoy going around the circuits as fast as I can without worrying about point, position, sponsors, etc.

Since I am new to road course racing, I am hoping to learn some tips an tricks for getting some good lap times, and since I don't have a Track Pack or an R, I am looking for info about keeping the car cool and dialed in long enough to run some 20-25 minute sessions without the car overheating of going into limp mode.

Here's a few pics of the toys... Looking forward to learning and chatting!

GT350_Front.jpg

GT350_Rear.jpg

GT350_Rear_3_Quarter.jpg

GT350_and_GT500.jpg

GT500_Front.jpg

GT500_Side.jpg

GT500_Engine.jpg

HellcatOnTheTrack.jpg

RT-STP.jpg

HR_Stubby_3_Large.jpg

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and Merry Christmas to you!

Welcome to TS, & Merry Christmas, nice stable you have there. All stock ?

The RT Super Track Pack is the only one that has any mods. My son and I are going to run laps together in the Spring, and he is going to drive that car. We did some basic suspension upgrades and chassis stiffening a CAI and a tune.

I plan on leaving the GT500 stock. Not sure about the GT350 or the HC. I am iffy about modding numbered cars. In the summer, the Rubicon will get a lift and tires.... kind of what I would say is the "usual stuff" that Jeep owners do. LOL

I recognize that name from somewhere. :) Nice stable. Welcome to TS.

I think I may have chatted with you and Z-Man on Kim Kirkland's old site, S197Forum. I popped smoke when Kim sold the forum.

Welcome Marc.

You certainly have some nice "toys"!

What region are you in?

Z-man

Thanks for the kudos! I live in Virginia, which is Mid-Atlantic. I didn't see it listed as an option and don't know what the forum considers VA.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you as well.

I saw that Shelby has a really nice looking air scoop with built-in heat sheilds. Being only $200, that seems like a great first step. I need to do some research as to what else is being done to help keep them cool.

I've heard of a couple of people making their own trans cooler system with a cooler/pump, utilizing the drain/fill ports. Not sure how well that works, but I'm in for advice. Looking forward to reading what others have done.

Edit: I want to look into a legit Diff cooler too.

Edited by MarcSpaz