TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pins for 13-14 SS hood ??

For 13-14 SS owners, did anyone have hood pins installed as part of your package? Did anyone do it after you took delivery?

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Since the 2010-2012's had hood pins installed from SAI, it should be pretty straight forward with the 2013-14.

The coolest/most unique Super Snake hood pins that I have seen are shown below.................

034-1.jpg

070_zps45sxdzwg.jpg

^^^^There were very few sets of these made, I have seen them come up for sale 2-3 times over the past 5-6 years and they usually go high in $$$ when they appear.

There was some mention that these billet plates do not fit the contour of the Super Snake hood and that is why only a few sample sets were made. I have found that they fit fine with no mods to the hood but instead some careful time consuming "fitting" so that the latch pin fits properly into the channel in the billet plate and through the main pin.

If a person does not adjust the main pin to the angle of the hood, but instead just bolts it in place without "fitting", this is the end result...........

IMG_2048.jpg

^^^^Note how the lanyard end of the latch pin does not fit down in the plate channel and the main pin most likely rubs the inside of the billet plate hole...........

I also chose to use torx fasteners instead of Phillips. The torx give a more custom/clean look and it makes it just a little bit harder for someone with a screw driver to grab and run.

R

Edited by Robert M