TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coming soon

jsimmons

OK... I'll say it. You have issues. :) But that thing will be a beast when you're done. I don't know what suspension or chassis mods you have done to the car, but I hope everything is ready to handle that kind of horsepower. You don't want to be "that guy" who wrapped the car around a tree because of a poor set up. Have fun and be careful!

OK... I'll say it. You have issues. :) But that thing will be a beast when you're done. I don't know what suspension or chassis mods you have done to the car, but I hope everything is ready to handle that kind of horsepower. You don't want to be "that guy" who wrapped the car around a tree because of a poor set up. Have fun and be careful!

I think my issues might stem from never really getting al lot of attention as a child. :)

The only things that are still stock in the car are the radiator, fuel tank, and rear end housing. The car itself can probably handle it. Me, on the other hand...

Once it's installed, I'm gonna get custom plates that read "DSCREET".

Edited by jsimmons

Small delay was encountered - I called Dyers Blowers on Friday, and they need my existing crankshaft pulley so they can make me a custom adapter so I can keep my existing serpentine accessory setup. Removed that, and will be ordering the blower today. Dyers said it will take a couple of weeks to ship the blower.

I bought the carbs/fuel lines from a guy in Ohio. He should be getting the payment today, and will ship they when the money orders clear (should be Wednesday).

In the mean time, other parts are trickling in.

I spent the weekend removing the front clip, radiator fan, and radiator to provide easier access to the front of the engine. I have to change over to a pusher fan to make room for the blower pulleys and belt.

post-37991-0-57832800-1481540734_thumb.jpg

post-37991-0-39880000-1481540746_thumb.jpg

Updates:

0) Received the carb linkage yesterday.

1) Shipped my existing balancer/reluctor wheel/pulley to Dyers so that can make the crank pulley I need.

2) The guy I'm buying the carbs from will be shipping them tomorrow (he had to wait for the check to clear)..

3) Ordered a scoop and air filters.

Still haven't received the distributor (or even a shipping notice from Summit).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Wednesday evening, I took it to the shop that's gonna install the blower. As of yesterday, we have the blower installed, the cooling system reconnected, the fuel system reconfigured and connected, the new electric fans mounted, and the linkage setup started. Still need to connect the fans, clean up the electrical (because of changes in sensor placement and removal of A/C), and mount/connect the breather tank to the valve covers.

We hope to fire it up sometime today, and if that happens, there will be videos. (It's gonna whine like an ex-wife looking for more alimony.)

Here are last night's progress pics:

post-37991-0-91272400-1486211380_thumb.jpg

post-37991-0-18757200-1486211390_thumb.jpg