TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road trip to Shelby Bash March '17

real_supersnake

Trying to get a sense if anyone from the SP region will be heading to the 10th Shelby Bash in Las Vegas.

As of today I am planning to drive from Ft Worth to Los Angeles, joining up with the Run to Bash that will likely take place on 9 March.

I am mapping out the most efficient route with necessary stops on the way there and back. If anyone between TX and Vegas would like to link up for the road trip, please speak up.

I am looking at the southern route. Likely go DFW to El Paso on that Monday evening, taking I-10 and then stopping in Phoenix Tuesday evening, then all the way to Los Angeles on Wednesday. A couple years ago I did the I-40 route and ran into some cold, ice and snow. I try to avoid it in early March.

I have made that I-40 trip several times, Ice and snow every time. After having to buy 6 trailer tires on the way to the 50th Bash, and snow and ice all the way home, I would highly recommend the southern ( I-10 ) route. I-40 was closed at Kingman, AZ and east, I took I-10 route. Snow in Pheonix, Tuscon, and even in El Paso, that drive sucked for real. I guess my point is, it could suck either way, but I think I-10 would definitely be your best, safest route.

<edit> The caravan is a great idea. If it wasn't for everyone in our caravan, would've been real bad. Was good to have help. Was like a pit crew on the side of I-40 several times.

Edited by 07SGT4578

• 2 months later...

Not Sure if I'm going yet, but if so I will be driving from Cedar Park, TX (just North of Austin). I'd probably head up to Lubbock where my son is at Texas Tech then go up through Clovis and head across on I40.

Whoovie, did you make the right decision and buy your Bash tickets? Are you going to drive out to LA/Vegas?

• 3 weeks later...

March trip to vegas Shelby event: new fan, have 07 Shelby convertsble. How do I get info and tickets for the event? Dfw based

Welcome to TS William

Here is the link, if you want to play....you better pull the trigger NOW

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BASH17-TICKET