TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy....

VNMOUS1

Ah, what a year it's been.

Ordered first day the books opened.

Kissed some world class butt to get an early build.

Born on June 27, 2006

Fell into stripe pergatory over the 4th of July hiatus, never to be seen until August 2nd.

Called everyone but Bill Ford to find the car and ship the friggin thing.

Showed up at dealer in KY on Aug 4th at 11:55pm.

Picked it up the next morning by catching a flight to BNA, driving to KY in a rental, driving her 400 miles home. Followed by numerous cars with people aiming phone/cameras at the car.

Stopped 2 times along the way for photos at Ford dealerships and friends homes.(hello Effingham!)

Pissed because stripes looked horrible. Had left side hood and bumper stripes replaced.

First dyno on stock car at 600 miles. 460 rwhp. Happy camper.

Received ticket for 81 in 65 (airborne) on way to dyno. Not so happy camper.

Hoodlums grant my wish to have vinyl stripes removed and have them painted by chucking a big hinkin chunk of ashphalt onto hood from railroad overpass on Eisenhower X-Way in Chicago.

Shelby is now dubbed Christine because she's no longer a virgin and she has a reaallly baddd attitude.

Christine begins to bulk up with aftermarket "go-fast" goodies. Experimentation with multiple toys gets me dubbed "Guinea Pig". For those of you that learned from my A.D.D., you're welcome.

One of Jay's first GT500 customers. In McGuiver Mode I add two washers for spacers to my STB.

JLT and Evo's stage 1 combine for 503 RWHP.

Add Evo's Ultimate Suspension. Begin deleting pieces to get ride of horrendous noises. Realize it's the Steeda "competition" 3rd and exchange it for BMR. Results are same. Go back to stock 3rd link with BMR lowers and Steeda panhard. No hop.

Added 3.73 gears. Another noise-fest. Poor installation. Dealership resolved issue.

For grins, I contact Jon Lund at Lund Racing for additional tweaking of tune. Results in sig. It flies.

19.5 mpg at 75 mph. average of 12 mpg around town.

Christine does world tour and makes new friends in Hermann Missouri, Flat Rock & Romeo Michigan (thanks 07) and last weekends trip for my dad's 90th birthday.

She proudly wears a few rock chips and a little over 12,000 on the clock as of this morning.

I've never had a more emotional ride with any car in my life and I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything except family. Fortunately, my wife and daughter absolutely LOVE her and completely support my maniacal obsessions. Wife gave me a "Mod Anything You Want This Year" certificate for Christmas.

Oh....and Christine was my wife's idea from the start...not the name, getting the car! It was for my 50th birthday last year.

Finally, here's some cyber cake for each and everyone of you to share. You're all awesome. Your information has proven to be invaluable, your friendships a gift and the sense of "community" incredible. I'm never ceased to be amazed at how much we know about our cars versus the dealerships or other "experts". Upcoming mods: Cervini's side and quarter window scoops will be here tomorrow and the Proglass hood with push-and-twist hood locks is in the works. It'll be a great summer.

Thanks for everything, and here's to another 50 years.

bj/GP and Christine

post-2868-1182972707_thumb.jpg

Ah, what a year it's been.

Ordered first day the books opened.

Kissed some world class butt to get an early build.

Born on June 27, 2006

Fell into stripe pergatory over the 4th of July hiatus, never to be seen until August 2nd.

Called everyone but Bill Ford to find the car and ship the friggin thing.

Showed up at dealer in KY on Aug 4th at 11:55pm.

Picked it up the next morning by catching a flight to BNA, driving to KY in a rental, driving her 400 miles home. Followed by numerous cars with people aiming phone/cameras at the car.

Stopped 2 times along the way for photos at Ford dealerships and friends homes.(hello Effingham!)

Pissed because stripes looked horrible. Had left side hood and bumper stripes replaced.

First dyno on stock car at 600 miles. 460 rwhp. Happy camper.

Received ticket for 81 in 65 (airborne) on way to dyno. Not so happy camper.

Hoodlums grant my wish to have vinyl stripes removed and have them painted by chucking a big hinkin chunk of ashphalt onto hood from railroad overpass on Eisenhower X-Way in Chicago.

Shelby is now dubbed Christine because she's no longer a virgin and she has a reaallly baddd attitude.

Christine begins to bulk up with aftermarket "go-fast" goodies. Experimentation with multiple toys gets me dubbed "Guinea Pig". For those of you that learned from my A.D.D., you're welcome.

One of Jay's first GT500 customers. In McGuiver Mode I add two washers for spacers to my STB.

JLT and Evo's stage 1 combine for 503 RWHP.

Add Evo's Ultimate Suspension. Begin deleting pieces to get ride of horrendous noises. Realize it's the Steeda "competition" 3rd and exchange it for BMR. Results are same. Go back to stock 3rd link with BMR lowers and Steeda panhard. No hop.

Added 3.73 gears. Another noise-fest. Poor installation. Dealership resolved issue.

For grins, I contact Jon Lund at Lund Racing for additional tweaking of tune. Results in sig. It flies.

19.5 mpg at 75 mph. average of 12 mpg around town.

Christine does world tour and makes new friends in Hermann Missouri, Flat Rock & Romeo Michigan (thanks 07) and last weekends trip for my dad's 90th birthday.

She proudly wears a few rock chips and a little over 12,000 on the clock as of this morning.

I've never had a more emotional ride with any car in my life and I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything except family. Fortunately, my wife and daughter absolutely LOVE her and completely support my maniacal obsessions. Wife gave me a "Mod Anything You Want This Year" certificate for Christmas.

Oh....and Christine was my wife's idea from the start...not the name, getting the car! It was for my 50th birthday last year.

Finally, here's some cyber cake for each and everyone of you to share. You're all awesome. Your information has proven to be invaluable, your friendships a gift and the sense of "community" incredible. I'm never ceased to be amazed at how much we know about our cars versus the dealerships or other "experts". Upcoming mods: Cervini's side and quarter window scoops will be here tomorrow and the Proglass hood with push-and-twist hood locks is in the works. It'll be a great summer.

Thanks for everything, and here's to another 50 years.

bj/GP and Christine

Congrats, BJ. You forgot to mention the mayfly baptism.

Congrats, BJ. You forgot to mention the mayfly baptism.

Ooops. Yuk! Those things looked creepy. Although, like locusts, the life of "hatch, have sex like crazy for 24 hours then die" isn't what I'd call a great life.

bj

Archived