TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad Day In Dallas for Shelby GTs at the Mecum Auction, Nov 2016

springer

I was at the Mecum Car Auction in Dallas today (11//3/16) and watched a couple SGTs go through the auction at no reserve. The first one was 2007 SGT which was a very nice, black, 5-speed model with around 10,000. I talked with the owner and he expected it to bring around $30,000 plus. I discussed the SGT market with him and explained that decent examples were selling for under $20,000 now and that a realistic price for his car might be in the low $20,000 range. The hammer for this one was rather disappointing,since it sold for $18,000.

The other car was a 2006 Hertz SGT, coupe which hammered at $24,000. This was also a nice car and seemed to be complete with all the Hertz accessories.

The next couple days will bring several other Shelbys to the block - both vintage and late model cars. I saw two or three Super Snakes and four or five GT500s that should be auctioned on Friday or Saturday. There are also two 2015 Shelby GT350s there and a couple 2016 GT350R models that will be auctioned off on Friday and Saturday.

For those wanting more info, visit the Mecum web site.

The entire collector car market is down. The trend started earlier in the year. Right now everyone is queasy about the election coming, which happens every 4 years.Same with the stock market in general. Good time to buy, but sellers go into this time of year thinking last summer as a predictor are usually disappointed.

Edited by twobjshelbys

You willingly take your car to these auctions then don't cry when you list it at NO Reserve! And the reason why i can't stand Mecum is they hound their sellers into taking the Reserve off regardless.

At that price you would have gotten a better deal trading it in. Mecum and BJ auctions wish both would just disappear they're both crooks

I was at the Mecum Car Auction in Dallas today (11//3/16) and watched a couple SGTs go through the auction at no reserve. The first one was 2007 SGT which was a very nice, black, 5-speed model with around 10,000. I talked with the owner and he expected it to bring around $30,000 plus. I discussed the SGT market with him and explained that decent examples were selling for under $20,000 now and that a realistic price for his car might be in the low $20,000 range. The hammer for this one was rather disappointing,since it sold for $18,000.

The other car was a 2006 Hertz SGT, coupe which hammered at $24,000. This was also a nice car and seemed to be complete with all the Hertz accessories.

The next couple days will bring several other Shelbys to the block - both vintage and late model cars. I saw two or three Super Snakes and four or five GT500s that should be auctioned on Friday or Saturday. There are also two 2015 Shelby GT350s there and a couple 2016 GT350R models that will be auctioned off on Friday and Saturday.

For those wanting more info, visit the Mecum web site.

Any chance you took note of the '06 Hertz csm number??

That same 2007 SGT #07SGT2890 was in Mecum Denver 2016 July 8-9 auction and had a 30k High Bid.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/DN0716-252808/2007-ford-shelby-gt-fastback/

Any thoughts on this one?

I am looking for a 2007, prefer 2008 tho.....numbers have to work.

Edited by NZ Shelby KR

More auction results.

A 2012 black Boss Laguna Seca with 20,000 miles sold for $22,000 plus buyer's premium.

A low mileage 2007 GT500 convertible sold for $30,000 plus buyer's premium.

A 2007 GT500 Anniversary Edition Super Snake with 370 miles sold for $70,000 plus buyer's premium. (Decent price here.)

A black, stripe delete, 2015 GT350 tech package was bid to $70,000 and did not sell.

A 2015 GT350, primer gray with black stripes, still in the wrapper, sold for $88,000.

On Saturday, a green Boss 429 sold for just over $180,000, (Don't have the year.) (WOW)

Prices can be viewed at Mecum's web site.

You willingly take your car to these auctions then don't cry when you list it at NO Reserve! And the reason why i can't stand Mecum is they hound their sellers into taking the Reserve off regardless.

At that price you would have gotten a better deal trading it in. Mecum and BJ auctions wish both would just disappear they're both crooks

Not really. On a trade-in you might get $14 or $15K. I know because I tested this out of curiosity last year on my then 12K miles SGT.

edit - typo

Edited by ilmor

I frankly don't care what happens to the value of my SGT...... To me, it feels like a $40K car when driving it. The curb appeal, the ghost of Carroll riding shotgun with me, the "balanced" feel it has, that precise feeling HURST shifter, and that sweet sweet sound!

I have other hot rods that far exceeded the cost of this car, but this one has (as has been said over an over) a certain hootzpuh, that cannot be duplicated.

It's been almost a year ago I bought mine with 168 miles on it....like new....paid $32K...too much for sure, but I won't lose a wink of sleep over it. It's that :cool:

:victory:

It's been almost a year ago I bought mine with 168 miles on it....like new....paid $32K...too much for sure, but I won't lose a wink of sleep over it. It's that :cool:

:victory:

Damn! You might have paid too much but that might have only been a few bucks (7 dollars in my estimation) for a car with 168 miles on her.

QSS

Agreed, Mecham is terrible. If your buying go, if your selling stay away far far away. Same with BJ, I've watched many people lose incredible amounts of money with both.

I recommended Ken with the GT/SC to go to Barrett, but if it is no reserve I'd rather sell it on the retail market. Ken, don't do it unless you can get a reserve!

I have been thinking about selling the 2008 SGT-C #206 (grabber orange). Maybe I should wait until the election stuff settles down.

I don't know what if anything will be at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale in January but I would wait until after the Scottsdale January auctions to gauge what the market is. It costs you little or nothing to try in eBay or Craigs List, and even here but I don't have a good feeling for the collector car market over the next year.