TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 350 bad engine

Lenart17

I have not seen a spec on the 4.6 in the S197, but I'm sure there is one. If I recall correctly the spec was 11 or 12lbs for the 2V 4.6. I've seen two on the Coyote depending on the engine; the standard 1/4 to 1/2 turn past contact between the filter seal and oil filter adapter and something like 5Nm plus 180 degrees.

These specs are so low it's not worth measuring, but I do not own a GT350 which might change my perspective. Just make sure it's tight without damaging the seal. Some applications require the seal to be lubed with oil, others do not. I always partially fill the filter, lube the seal, and use the 1/4-1/2 turn last contact.

Edited by EL SHELBY

• 2 weeks later...

I had to re-read the thread several time to figure out why and how the GT4 made it into the discussion. While not knowing the OP cause for the lost engine, I would assume it has more to do with oil loss and the oil line with the faulty crimp, not vibration. While FP does vibrate more than a CP, I've heard nothing of the engine having issues due to vibration. If I recall correctly Ford changed the firing order on the VooDoo from a traditional FP to help combat the vibrations.

Speaking of the OP, is this a legitimate issue? One post, joined the day of the post, and hasn't been back since to comment? Apologies if I'm too skeptical.

:thumbsup:

As others have said, keep the documentation when the motor is switched. Many Boss early Boss 302s have service blocks, have not really made a difference. I believe whoever said there is no matching engines anymore is also correct. Smile and dirve it

• 3 years later...
On 11/1/2016 at 3:14 PM, Lenart17 said:

I just bought a 2020 Shelby GT350 and put a total of 1540 miles on it before the engine shit on me.. they said cylinder 7 was dead and the spark plug was damaged. They stopped investigating and sent it off to ford and now I have a new engine in my car... Us Shelby owners shouldn’t have to have engines replaced.. if it were a simple GT I wouldn’t of cared but this is just bullshit. Now I’ve got damage on my pinstripe from the mechanics working on it (don’t know how it happened but oh well).. Didn’t want the mechanics dirty asses with their greasy fingers touching my shit either but I guess it just comes with owning a fast car huh?.. I’m in the process of doing a buy back I’ll let y’all know how it goes. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, Weston said:

I just bought a 2020 Shelby GT350 and put a total of 1540 miles on it before the engine shit on me.. they said cylinder 7 was dead and the spark plug was damaged. They stopped investigating and sent it off to ford and now I have a new engine in my car... Us Shelby owners shouldn’t have to have engines replaced.. if it were a simple GT I wouldn’t of cared but this is just bullshit. Now I’ve got damage on my pinstripe from the mechanics working on it (don’t know how it happened but oh well).. Didn’t want the mechanics dirty asses with their greasy fingers touching my shit either but I guess it just comes with owning a fast car huh?.. I’m in the process of doing a buy back I’ll let y’all know how it goes. 

What?? I thought all these engine issue were all addressed and all fixed after 2018. Did they say what happened??