TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to Replace Struts and Shocks On 07

TexasShelby

Time to replace the struts and shocks on my 07 vert.

What success has everyone had with your favorite brands?

What labor charge can I expect?

Any other considerations while I'm doing this?

Thanks in advance!

-sam

• 2 weeks later...

I run Koni Sports also. Nice setup that you can dial-in to your liking as far as stiffness goes. Koni also offers a lifetime warrantee on the components, so keep your receipts...I had to replace two STR.T struts on my last setup.

I installed myself in on jack stands. Take about 2-3 hours, but you do need a spring compressor (rent from AutoZone or buy from Amazon) and some socket and wrenches.

I run Koni Sports also. Nice setup that you can dial-in to your liking as far as stiffness goes. Koni also offers a lifetime warrantee on the components, so keep your receipts...I had to replace two STR.T struts on my last setup.

I installed myself in on jack stands. Take about 2-3 hours, but you do need a spring compressor (rent from AutoZone or buy from Amazon) and some socket and wrenches.

Good to know that Koni still has the lifetime warranty.

What setting are you running on the your Konis? And are you running it at a track any? I'm not, mainly just around town these days and some highway. And I assume you can only adjust them before they go in? Or is this something you could do installed? Thanks in advance.

-sam

What setting are you running on the your Konis? And are you running it at a track any? I'm not, mainly just around town these days and some highway. And I assume you can only adjust them before they go in? Or is this something you could do installed? Thanks in advance.

-sam

I ran 'full' soft' for about 3 months on the street and now I have them at 75% (1 full turn). My first track day will be in Mid-Dec and will start at 50% to see how they feel.

They are very easy to adjust. There is a knob that goes over the top of the stock\strut and you turn it clockwise or counterclockwise to soften or tighten. Take about 2 minutes to adjust all four corners and can be done anytime.