TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 model change?

IMHO the the Ford Twin (TT) Force 3.5 V6 making over 400 HP, and saving some front end weight, with 6 speed manual, and improved economy, would make a nice GT 350. And we all know that engine is coming in other Ford performance vehicles. It's a natural for the Mustang. It would be much quicker, with better handling, than the current Shelby GT.

IMHO the the Ford Twin (TT) Force 3.5 V6 making over 400 HP, and saving some front end weight, with 6 speed manual, and improved economy, would make a nice GT 350. And we all know that engine is coming in other Ford performance vehicles. It's a natural for the Mustang. It would be much quicker, with better handling, than the current Shelby GT.

Hey, Ralph -- WELCOME TO SU!!! Glad you found us here ;-)

That's the niche that the Shelby 4.0 Vortech'd CS6 was supposed to fill before the kibash was put on it and it was relegated to kit form, then put out to pasture thru a 3rd party (Hillbank Motorsports) vendor. The 3.5 is a far superior engine and I agree it would be a big hit with the TT, but for many only the sound of an NA V8 will uncork salivation ;-)

I think a 3.5TT as an option in the mustang would bridge the gap between the 3.5 and a revised GT since I don't think it's time for FoMoCo to pull he 3V and I don't think they'll offer the 4.6 with less power than a V6. Maybe Shelby would do a 3.5TT-based aftermarket offering for Ford, analygous to the pastured 4.0 CS6, but a V6 GT350? That marque has to be a V8, imo. Maybe they could callit the Shelby CS6tt or something like that?

Also, if the 3.5TT is 400HP in the Lincoln, it would be something like 385HP, imo, in the Mustang (exclusivity all that good stuff <lol>).

I'd be disappointed in a non-V8 GT350, but a 4.6 3VTT at 425HP would slot nicely into a potentially revised line-up something like:

• 256HP 3.5 DOHC V6

• 320HP 4.6 SOHC V8

• 385HP 3.5 DOHC-TT V6 (a la Lincoln MKX)

• 425HP 4.6 SOHC-TT V8 --and/or-- 425HP 5.0 DOHC BOSS --and/or-- 450HP 5.8 SOHC H/Boss BOSS

• 500HP 5.4 DOHC-S/C GT500

• 540HP 5.4 DOHC-S/C GT500KR

• 600HP 5.4 DOHC-S/C GT500SS

• 725HP 5.4 DOHC-S/C GT500SS

Not too shabby a line-up given there's still a lot more that could be done. ;-)

Dan

Archived