TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dustless Rear brake pads....Need help.

03reptile

Well, I see Ford is still using their "coal" based rear pads for the SVTs. The factory rear pads on my 03 Cobra (white) dusted the rear like crazy so I replaced them with a set of Raybestos ceramic pads on the rear only. This reduced the dusting issue dramatically and I left them on till I sold the car. Now I have the same issue with the GT500. (white) I checked Raybestos web site and they have two choices for ceraminc pads specific for the GT500; PGD1082C ceramic premium, and PGD1082QS ceramic quiet stop. Has anyone used these? If not, has anyone found a good dustless pad for the rear of our cars that works well? Did a search but only found a brief thread reference Hawks pads.

Well, I see Ford is still using their "coal" based rear pads for the SVTs. The factory rear pads on my 03 Cobra (white) dusted the rear like crazy so I replaced them with a set of Raybestos ceramic pads on the rear only. This reduced the dusting issue dramatically and I left them on till I sold the car. Now I have the same issue with the GT500. (white) I checked Raybestos web site and they have two choices for ceraminc pads specific for the GT500; PGD1082C ceramic premium, and PGD1082QS ceramic quiet stop. Has anyone used these? If not, has anyone found a good dustless pad for the rear of our cars that works well? Did a search but only found a brief thread reference Hawks pads.

I have not done this, but I've heard the Hawk pads work well....if they make them for the GT500.

Ok, I took the bull by the horns on Orf's post...here's the info:

Porterfield brakes:

I emailed Wendy at Porterfield, here are my questions and her response. They will sell direct.

**** Dave to Wendy ****

Do you make pads for the 2007 GT500 Mustang? If so, can you supply part numbers for both front and rear please? Do you sell direct? If so, what is the cost of the R4-S variety for this car? If not, is there a list of distributors? The front calipers are Brembo...in case that helps.

Thanks,

Dave

**** Wendy to Dave ****

We know the fronts are AP 1001 R4-S $179.95

I believe the rears are the same as the GT Mustangs which is an AP 1082 R4-S $79.95

If you could confirm that though that would be great. I have attached pictures of both to help. The rear is the PDF sorry I couldn't get any other picture of it.

Thank you,

Wendy

BRAKE82.pdf

post-3382-1182969797_thumb.jpg

BRAKE82.pdf

post-3382-1182969797_thumb.jpg

Ok, I took the bull by the horns on Orf's post...here's the info:

Porterfield brakes:

I emailed Wendy at Porterfield, here are my questions and her response. They will sell direct.

**** Dave to Wendy ****

Do you make pads for the 2007 GT500 Mustang? If so, can you supply part numbers for both front and rear please? Do you sell direct? If so, what is the cost of the R4-S variety for this car? If not, is there a list of distributors? The front calipers are Brembo...in case that helps.

Thanks,

Dave

**** Wendy to Dave ****

We know the fronts are AP 1001 R4-S $179.95

I believe the rears are the same as the GT Mustangs which is an AP 1082 R4-S $79.95

If you could confirm that though that would be great. I have attached pictures of both to help. The rear is the PDF sorry I couldn't get any other picture of it.

Thank you,

Wendy

Yes. The rear pad is Porterfield's number AP 1082. They have been installed on mine for 3 months. I do have a nit to pick here. I paid $139.95 for the pair back in March. Either I over-paid, or she mis-quoted the price.

Archived