TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Museum Display 2013/14 Super Snake...........

Is anyone on this forum interested in the original Shelby Museum display stand that was used placed in front of the 2013 Super Snake museum car a couple of years ago, I believe the museum has since moved?

This is a Very Cool piece of original Shelby history and would be a Great car show display item for any 2013/14 Super Snake..........

002_zpsdg7cvrts.jpg

003_zpsthlimys8.jpg

The picture below shows a size comparison of the 8.5"x11" info. card and the size of the display. The 8.5"x11" info. card is not included with this display.

005_zpsqpp3hxda.jpg

004_zpssxnfez7r.jpg

This piece was sold to me through Shelbyauctions (eBay) and Tom can verify that it is the original 2013/14 Super Snake display from the museum. I have owned this display for approx. 2 years, it has been in A/C and it has been stored in the box that it was shipped in. The base and frame are Satin Silver and could be powder coated any color.

If you display your car with the trunk open, so people can see your Super Snake trunk mat, this would be a nice display item to stand up in the trunk so people car read about the special car they are looking at.

R

Edited by Robert M

This looks pretty cool, and a piece of history.

Can it be disassembled to be carried in the trunk or back seat?

Yes, it can be disassembled in multiple ways, and down to four or so pieces (keeping the display info in the upper piece). The easiest would be to remove the two Phillips screws under the base. If it were me, and I was going to disassemble it often, I would put studs in the center upright/support piece and use wing nuts under the base, but it does not take long to unscrew the Phillips screws..............

006_zps7jdmto50.jpg

The base on this display is not excessively heavy, but it does have some weight to it, so it will not tip over easily in a breezy condition.

007_zps0zl6ydiw.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M

Very cool, price?

Here is the original invoice from Shelby when I won it on eBay. There have been multiple people who have contacted me about the price, so I thought it would be easiest to take a picture of the invoice including the description from Shelby...........I would like to get my money back out of it.

003_zpspcvplc0j.jpg

It was in the eBay auction item description was where it mentioned the Shelby Museum and this being an original display for the 2013/14 Super Snake.

R

Edited by Robert M