TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Noises Everywhere

drlovegun

Well, needless to say I'm aggravated to be sharing this information. My GT500 has about 2900 miles on her now and the vinyl dash and plastic dash is starting to rattle and squeak everywhere.

I knew it was a matter of time, jsut wansnt' expecting it so soon.

Well, needless to say I'm aggravated to be sharing this information. My GT500 has about 2900 miles on her now and the vinyl dash and plastic dash is starting to rattle and squeak everywhere.

I knew it was a matter of time, jsut wansnt' expecting it so soon.

Is your dash covered with the leather wrap?

Mine is not. I do not have any squeaks in both of my cars.

I did not know there were different dashes? Are you guys saying the interior upgrade changes from the standard dash?

Yes, the interior upgrade gives you a leather-wrapped dash. The non-upgraded dash is just plastic.

I've talked to several people about the upgraded dash, and the general consensus is squeaks are unavoidable. The leather brow rubs against the A pillars. A possible solution is to push some felt down between the dash and the A pillar. Not sure how much room there is for doing that, but it might be worth a try.

Yes, the interior upgrade gives you a leather-wrapped dash. The non-upgraded dash is just plastic.

I've talked to several people about the upgraded dash, and the general consensus is squeaks are unavoidable. The leather brow rubs against the A pillars. A possible solution is to push some felt down between the dash and the A pillar. Not sure how much room there is for doing that, but it might be worth a try.

I poured a quart of motor oil on my dash and it hasn't squeaked since.

HSURB

Dam Im shocked someone actually ordered it without leather dash, that was a nice touch IMO

If I remember right I don't think it was intentional. More of an oversight when ordering by someone.

2000 miles (3200 klm's) and no noises. :banana piano:

In Canada all our GT500's came with premium interior upgrade. :yup:

Maybe some of the folks with more miles (klm's) can elaborate. :do what:

Take it the dealer you trust asap. You want it documented.

I have the upgraded interior with the faux leather visor. Mine squeaks but without any obvious cause or with any obvious pattern. I'd forgotten that it did it until this thread brought it up again. Thanks a lot, AH.

Anyway, it's mostly on the passenger side. When it irritates me enough I jamb some cloth or paper towel between the A-pillar and the dash cover on the side of the dash that's normally covered when the passenger door is shut. You'll see the seam when the door's open, just stick something in there. Funny thing, when I pull out whatever I wadded into the crack, the squeak doesn't come back, sometimes for weeks. Sometimes it starts and stops during the same trip, then doesn't return for weeks.

Oh great. Now you've gone and hurt Grabber's feelings. Just cuz he's got a cheapo, bargain-basement Shelby interior doesn't give you the right to hurt his feelings. :poke::hysterical:

ya...what he said.

I love my dash in both the CS and GT500 :happy feet:

No squeeky too! :banana piano:

Still getting it wrong guys...it's not a flaw, it's a feature to let you know your dash is in there very tight.

Mine squeaked on the drive home back in december (if I listened hard enough) and has ever since. (My Mclaren Mustang did when it was new in 88, I just thought that was a Ford feature, not a flaw.

But the one good thing about a vert :banana piano: ....with the top down and tunes on and some sexy corsa's in the background...it don't matter at all. :happy feet:

If some of you don't Know I own a company called THE INTERIOR GUYS I had the same problem but it's not a big deal to fix just pop out both A-pillars and put a little piece of felt on the edge where it attaches to the dash and pop it back in ,problem solved!!!!

If some of you don't Know I own a company called THE INTERIOR GUYS I had the same problem but it's not a big deal to fix just pop out both A-pillars and put a little piece of felt on the edge where it attaches to the dash and pop it back in ,problem solved!!!!

intguys - I have to respectfully disagree. Pouring a can of motor oil on my dash was much quicker, and it left my A-pillars undisturbed and factory fresh. And believe me, I know fresh! :hysterical:

HSURB

I'm not saying anything. hint

intguys - I have to respectfully disagree. Pouring a can of motor oil on my dash was much quicker, and it left my A-pillars undisturbed and factory fresh. And believe me, I know fresh! :hysterical:

HSURB

Do you have to use the full synthetic stuff or can you skimp and use the $0.99/qt cheap-o Wal-mart brand? I don't want to void my warranty.

Well, if you're worried about the warranty, you'd better use the Mororcraft 5w50.

You're right. If THAT'S what Ford spec'd to lubricate the dash, that's what I'm using! No skimping for me. How about you HSURB?

2000 miles (3200 klm's) and no noises. :banana piano:

In Canada all our GT500's came with premium interior upgrade. :yup:

Maybe some of the folks with more miles (klm's) can elaborate. :do what:

Take it the dealer you trust asap. You want it documented.

Over 4000 miles (6600 KM) and no noise thus far. :banana piano: With the rough roads that we have over here, any suspect noise should have already appeared by now. I guess I'm lucky.

Archived